Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Brexit vote paves way for federal union to save UK 
Legend

Brexit vote paves way for federal union to save UK, says all-party group | Politics | The Guardian
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... arty-group

Quote:
Proposed constitutional reform would give each nation and region of the UK full sovereignty over its own affairs

On instinct I like some of it, but it's a similar instinct to those who wanted to rightly put the boot into the Tories in all their guises (hello, PLP), that got us the fantastic result of Brexit... and where it's ringleaders have now all shuffled off in personal disgrace.

I'm also incredibly wary of anything Peter Hain and John Major are recommending; those two made many a secret deal with the IRA with not a care or thought for their victims, and just a few weeks ago Major used the Troubles to scare potential Leavers. He's a fcuking scrote, frankly. Burnside also came across as slippery in his heyday.

You honestly couldn't call what way NI or it's politicians would go with such a vote. We make the EU ref. look like a Starbucks coffee decision.

Scotland's current rulers wouldn't touch this with a caber I imagine. It weakens the purity of the nationalism that got them into power and keeps them going, likely weakens their position in Westminster, and so far only gives them what's likely to be a Lords talking shop. If even that.

Speaking of the Lords, I'm not in favour of the current flavour going at all. It's been the only thing legally keeping the aforementioned Tory-type cnuts in check in recent years.

Anyway, enough of my rambling, what do you make of it?

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]