Reply to topic  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
What are you looking forward to? 
Legend

Watching Joker on Monday.

My BBTS toy haul arriving so the Customs [LIFTED] can then poke through it and charge me for the privilege.

Reading even more Transformers comics.

Getting a 5 day computer course in work completed next month - my boss and ex-boss are on it!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:12 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Going to see The Who again, this time in Manchester, in March 2020.

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
Sorry :roll:
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:01 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
Bonfire night.

Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:04 am
Profile WWW

l3v1ck wrote:
Bonfire night.

I'm not... This will be our first Bonfire night with the kitten, and I suspect he won't be happy.

On a completely unrelated note, does anybody know if kittens like whisky? Asking for a friend!

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:07 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

pcernie wrote:

That's casuing a [LIFTED] storm. Apparently Gary Glitter is making money from that as they used his music in the sound track.

Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:07 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

John_Vella wrote:
l3v1ck wrote:
Bonfire night.

I'm not... This will be our first Bonfire night with the kitten, and I suspect he won't be happy.

On a completely unrelated note, does anybody know if kittens like whisky? Asking for a friend!

Only if it's single malt. They're picky little bastards. ;)

Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:10 am
Profile WWW
Legend

l3v1ck wrote:
pcernie wrote:

That's casuing a [LIFTED] storm. Apparently Gary Glitter is making money from that as they used his music in the sound track.

Just saw the headline, didn't read it though. I do know America doesn't know/care about his activities with playing his songs at sporting events etc.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:43 pm

l3v1ck wrote:
John_Vella wrote:
l3v1ck wrote:
Bonfire night.

Only if it's single malt. They're picky little bastards. ;)

Yeah, right... even I don't, I mean even my friend doesn't have any single malts in the house! :lol:

I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:36 am
Profile WWW

playing with my new phone over the weekend

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:33 pm
Doesn't have much of a life

Gig supporting Toyah tonight!

Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:12 am
Profile WWW

BigRedX wrote:
Gig supporting Toyah tonight!

Ooh, sounds exciting. Hope you have a great gig! :D

I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:23 am
Profile WWW

John_Vella wrote:

Thank you we did. The Rescue Rooms is a nice big venue with a good sized stage and an excellent sound system. We went down pretty well, although unfortunately it wasn't reflected in CD and T-Shirt sales afterwards.

Interestingly Toyah's band all turned up individually in their own cars transporting their equipment themselves (just like us). Not very rock and roll at all, but probably an economic necessity these days when most gigs only happen at the weekend and a tour is simply a series of Friday and Saturday night performance spread over a number of weeks.

We have more gigs at the end of November supporting B-Movie who had a couple of minor hits in the early 80s and who I last saw supporting Duran Duran on their Planet Earth Tour.

Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:27 am
Profile WWW

BigRedX wrote:
John_Vella wrote:

Thank you we did. The Rescue Rooms is a nice big venue with a good sized stage and an excellent sound system. We went down pretty well, although unfortunately it wasn't reflected in CD and T-Shirt sales afterwards.

Interestingly Toyah's band all turned up individually in their own cars transporting their equipment themselves (just like us). Not very rock and roll at all, but probably an economic necessity these days when most gigs only happen at the weekend and a tour is simply a series of Friday and Saturday night performance spread over a number of weeks.

We have more gigs at the end of November supporting B-Movie who had a couple of minor hits in the early 80s and who I last saw supporting Duran Duran on their Planet Earth Tour.

I always make a point of buying some merch' whenever I go to a gig. It only seems right to help support artists.

I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:45 pm
Profile WWW

John_Vella wrote:
I always make a point of buying some merch' whenever I go to a gig. It only seems right to help support artists.

You sound like the ideal audience member!

The best thing you can do to support a less well-known band is to buy a T-Shirt from them. Unless they have severely miscalculated in their prices they will be making more profit on the T-Shirt sale then they will on that of a CD or Record. A T-shirt selling for £10 will almost definitely have cost less than £5 to produce, whereas an album on CD at the same price is most likely being sold at a loss once all the recording, mastering and production cost have been factored in.

It is certainly my experience that my bands have covered the production costs of all our T-Shirts, whereas none of the CD or records have ever come anywhere close.

Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:59 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

When I was in Hameln (as in the Pied Piper) in 1999 and got tickets to see Jethro Tull for my birthday.

It was a great concert and the big guy was friendly, when I met him briefly after the show.

But the support band, the Young Dubliners, was in the entry hall during the break. I went to talk to them, as they were all there and the stand was relatively quite. I got into a chat with them and we spoke for about 10 minutes. I bought a CD for my then girlfriend. They were all happy to sign it for me and dedicate it to her. They also signed a CD for me. That was a great birthday.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:31 am
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next