Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Opera! 
Doesn't have much of a life

Okay so some of your know i'm a bit of an opera nut.

Last night I was voted in as next year's President of the Leeds Opera Society! Excellent =D My vice is one of my best friends slash musical director; i've done every show since i've gotten to Leeds with her with only one exception.

Also I proposed next year's show, which was also voted as the show we are to do, so I will be directing The Marriage of Figaro in early 2010.

So yaaaaay!

Onto the real subject of this post.

I'm inviting you all to come see an Opera Gala tomorrow night! It's in Leeds, therefore not many of you will be able to make it, but for those who are local slash fancy a trip for some culture, it's at 7:30 at Leeds University Union.

And as if the fact that i'll be singing Rossini's "Largo Al Factotum" amongst a whole host of talented solists, if you go to the box office and say that you're from X404 and mention my name (Scott) I will personally pay for your ticket!

P.S - I know it's short notice, but I TOTALLY forgot to plug it here. Also I started writing this post in the afternoon and opened another tab, thereby forgetting about it again.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:18 am
Profile WWW
Occasionally has a life

Congrats on the Presidency vote mate.

I spent 20 years singing with the Sheffield Phil so we're somewhat kindred spirits.

I can't make tomorrow unfortunately but hope it goes well and you get a good crowd.

Paul

Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]