Reply to topic  [ 2855 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 187, 188, 189, 190, 191  Next
The Something New That You Learned Today 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

I actually had to produce a document, telling the tech support team how to answer the bloody phone!

I managed, (with the use of clip art, obvs) to make the phrase "Good morning, IT Support, <state name> speaking" fill an A4 sheet and yes, I did specify that, after 12.00 they have to replace the word morning with afternoon.

:roll:

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
Sorry :roll:
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:32 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

oceanicitl wrote:
saspro wrote:
Do you have an IVR or prompt on the line, or does it dial straight through to the helpdesk ring group?

We have a completely different number for support and all calls come through to the ring group. Why are you asking?

We've seem similar things no matter who answers the phone.

I have a theory that people are so used to getting recorded prompts, going in to a queue or speaking to a call handler that they don't believe they've actually got through to an engineer when they phone tech support.

I've only ever done it with a chicken so far, but if required I wouldn't have any problems doing it with other animals at all.

Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:51 am
Profile WWW
Official forum cat lady

saspro wrote:
oceanicitl wrote:
saspro wrote:
Do you have an IVR or prompt on the line, or does it dial straight through to the helpdesk ring group?

We have a completely different number for support and all calls come through to the ring group. Why are you asking?

We've seem similar things no matter who answers the phone.

I have a theory that people are so used to getting recorded prompts, going in to a queue or speaking to a call handler that they don't believe they've actually got through to an engineer when they phone tech support.

Not in this instance, there's never been prompts on the line. Our tech line has been always answered by the engineers so they automatically expect them to be male. Plus they are so chauvinistic some have even said 'oh I thought you were the receptionist'

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:07 am
Official forum cat lady

You know you're getting old when you find out an old work colleague has died :(

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:22 am

oceanicitl wrote:

I found out last week that an old work colleague, and friend of mine, had died on Christmas Eve.

Woke up yesterday to a reminder from FaceBook that it was his birthday. :roll: :(

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:41 am
Profile WWW
Official forum cat lady

John_Vella wrote:
oceanicitl wrote:

I found out last week that an old work colleague, and friend of mine, had died on Christmas Eve.

Woke up yesterday to a reminder from FaceBook that it was his birthday. :roll: :(

One of mine died at 30 something. Still get his birthday reminders every year

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:13 pm

Henry VIII really kickstarted the venetian/jewish infiltration of Britain when he split from the catholic church and founded the COE. Research how he was heavily influenced by venetian agents francesco giorgi/zorzi and gasparo contarini. Research the hidden hand that is Venice. Cromwell was funded by jewish venetian bankers from amsterdam where the venetian oligarchy settled before invading Britain. 1688 was when the infiltration was completed when the glorious revolution happened then william of orange founded the first central bank, the bank of England. Then the venetian guelphs tookover the royal crown who emerged from the house of este. Guelph is the real surname of the windsors.

Wed May 03, 2017 6:48 pm

Today, I learned that I am nowhere near as good at drinking alcohol as I was, as a young man. I have drinked some Jack Daniels and am feeling affected.*

I am aware that drinked is not a word, but I don't even care. That's how affected I am.

However, the punctuation, as ever, is impeccable.

And now I need a nap.

* I have dranked quite a lot. On the bright side, I did put some cherries in the mix and steep it for several hours, so that's one of my five a day.

I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:58 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

Actually, I learned this on Sunday.

Mersea Island in Essex, where I go quite a lot in the summer, would have been very, very different had things worked out differently in the 1910s. There were plans to build a massive resort town there called Fair Haven. There would have been avenues, boulevards, loads of houses, hotels and shops. A station would have bought people in from Colchester, and a pier would have connected the resort with Bradwell via a ferry and traffic from the south. There were couple of houses built, but that’s about it. World War 1 put paid to it. It would have been more like Brighton, apparently.

There’s a map in the museum there, and I had hoped to have found more plans and images online, but sadly nothing. So, Mersea remains a small sleepy place where people are getting uptight about a 200 home development.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:35 am
What's a life?

I'm thinking Bioshock. Definitely Bioshock.

Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:16 pm
Spends far too much time on here

paulzolo wrote:
There was a third Human Centipede film made. I’ve not seen any of them, and I read that the second was so dreadful that it was unlikely that a third would be made. Apparently, I was wrong.

I have regrettably watched all three and I can confirm the third was the worst of the bunch. Imagine filming paint drying, grass growing, a colonoscopy and then throwing the camera out of an aeroplane and combining the footage of all 4. Well that would've made more sense than the third Human Centipede film.

Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:33 pm
Profile WWW

I haven't seen any, but going on the reports I've heard of the first one, what on earth possessed you to sit through the other two?

Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:30 pm

Spreadie wrote:
I haven't seen any, but going on the reports I've heard of the first one, what on earth possessed you to sit through the other two?

All three were seen by being in the wrong place at the wrong time ie at a friends house and they say 'Oh let's give this a go!' :oops: :lol:

Edit: Don't ask why they'd think that those films are a good choice to chuck on, I don't think even they know in hindsight!

Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:54 am
Profile WWW

Yeah, okay, I can see that being the reason you saw the first one but surely after that the suggestion of watching two and three should have elicited a negative response. :lol:

Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:17 pm

davrosG5 wrote:
Yeah, okay, I can see that being the reason you saw the first one but surely after that the suggestion of watching two and three should have elicited a negative response. :lol:

:lol: I didn't want to be rude to said friends. Again, in hindsight that would've been preferable. :lol:

Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:33 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2855 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 187, 188, 189, 190, 191  Next