Reply to topic  [ 4975 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 326, 327, 328, 329, 330, 331, 332  Next
Random $h!t Thread - Part VI 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

big_D wrote:
For the idiots that walk whilst looking at their mobile phones, they have started putting traffic lights into the ground at pedestrian crossings, to stop people blindly walking out into traffic.

I let 4 teens on their mobiles across the road, I waited and waited and waited til after ages one looked up and jumped realising hes back in the real world and someones letting him cross... unbelievable

Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:57 pm

Is Crucial still considered THE place to go for RAM upgrades for a Mac?

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:28 pm
Profile WWW

Last time I bought a Mac RAM upgrade it was.

Although I upgraded the nephew's Samsung AIO recently and used https://www.mrmemory.co.uk/

Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:20 am
Profile WWW

As you probably know, I teach English. That's my job. I decided, a few months ago, that I wanted to try and improve my already formidable skills, (King of Modesty!) so I have started writing a novel.

About 22,000 words in to date, and the feedback I have received has been very positive. :D

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
Sorry :roll:
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:13 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

Cool.

What's it about?

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:57 am
Profile ICQ

John_Vella wrote:
As you probably know, I teach English. That's my job. I decided, a few months ago, that I wanted to try and improve my already formidable skills, (King of Modesty!) so I have started writing a novel.

About 22,000 words in to date, and the feedback I have received has been very positive. :D

Yes, let's have a few details. Always interested in hearing about things like this as I am (slowly) writing and illustrating a children's book.

Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:33 pm

It's Sci-Fi with some mystery thrown in, but ultimately it's a sort of love story. Here are the first eighty four words... feedback is appreciated, and I may well be looking for beta readers, if anybody is interested...

People say that when you die, your life flashes before your eyes. They are wrong. I know this because I remember when I died. I remember it as though it was yesterday. In fairness, it was yesterday, but that’s not the point. The point is that when I died my life most certainly did not flash before my eyes. Thinking about it, I must admit I’m kind of glad it didn’t, as I hadn’t really done anything worth revisiting. Up until that point, anyway.

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:59 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

That sounds like it could have come from the pen of Jodi Taylor.

It is intriguing. Based on that I'd certainly want to read how it continues.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:48 am
Profile ICQ
Legend

John_Vella wrote:
It's Sci-Fi with some mystery thrown in, but ultimately it's a sort of love story. Here are the first eighty four words... feedback is appreciated, and I may well be looking for beta readers, if anybody is interested...

People say that when you die, your life flashes before your eyes. They are wrong. I know this because I remember when I died. I remember it as though it was yesterday. In fairness, it was yesterday, but that’s not the point. The point is that when I died my life most certainly did not flash before my eyes. Thinking about it, I must admit I’m kind of glad it didn’t, as I hadn’t really done anything worth revisiting. Up until that point, anyway.

Like it!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:25 pm

Thanks for the feedback, folks. I've been talking to various people about getting my dialogue a bit snappier, and based on advice received, I've gone back to the beginning and am working through it, line by line. I have made a lot of changes, which I think make it a much better read.
If anybody would like to have a sneak peek at what's coming up, you can volunteer to be a beta reader. The only two things I will ask are that you keep it to yourself, (not giving copies to anyone else) and that you can provide feedback, what you like and more importantly what doesn't work for you.
If you're interested let me know!

I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:39 pm
Profile WWW

The 20GB Adobe Lightroom Photography bundle is available at a £50 discount until midnight tonight.
UK Amazon Prime members only, though.

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:35 am
Profile WWW

Reached a landmark last night. 30,00 words done. Woohoo! About 50,000 to go.

Yeah, easy...

I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:53 am
Profile WWW

Started typing up some notes I'd made, during my lunch break, and it's now up to a little over 31,300.

When is this going to start getting difficult? :lol:

I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

Cadbury's Darkmilk: Wish I hadn't bothered.

I'd long given up Cadbury's a good few years ago when they were taken over. The chocolate started to taste like crap. I've gone for alternatives but was recently lured in after a discussion with a friend. Tastes crap. Imagine the cheapness of Cadbury's Dairy Milk that's been combined with dark chocolate. I've had better chocolate from Aldi.

Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:28 pm
Legend

cloaked_wolf wrote:
Cadbury's Darkmilk: Wish I hadn't bothered.

I'd long given up Cadbury's a good few years ago when they were taken over. The chocolate started to taste like crap. I've gone for alternatives but was recently lured in after a discussion with a friend. Tastes crap. Imagine the cheapness of Cadbury's Dairy Milk that's been combined with dark chocolate. I've had better chocolate from Aldi.

I'd tell you to try the new Orange one cos it's genuinely great, but it's part of a BS poll and might not stick around :roll:

There's also some seriously strong Strawberry and Chocolatte or some [LIFTED] lol

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4975 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 326, 327, 328, 329, 330, 331, 332  Next