Reply to topic  [ 4975 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 323, 324, 325, 326, 327, 328, 329 ... 332  Next
Random $h!t Thread - Part VI 
Official forum cat lady

Colleague's belt broke so he used a VGA cable to hold his jeans up

I said "if you hadn't bought so much lego you'd be able to afford a new belt'

:lol:

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:23 am
What's a life?

oceanicitl wrote:
Was on the train this morning and the man next to me was spending a very very long time perving at a girl in a bikini on Instagram. Really perving as in zooming in etc. It's amazing what people now think is acceptable to do in public...

Funnily enough, that's one of the reasons I quit the likes of facebook around 2007. Back when MySpace was all the rage, I had a friend who would sit at a computer in the medical room, perv on girls in myspace and facebook, and periodically check his abs as if they'd magically appear by doing so. I realised it was easy to get caught up in looking at friends of friends on FB. (The other reason was trying to avoid facebook friend requests with family or friends who I really didn't want to know about my personal life.

Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:50 pm
What's a life?

Giving my notebook a real workout today.

I have to create a Metasploitable 3 virtual machine for testing... Only it needs around 65GB of free space to install and you need to install some unsigned software, not something we want to do on a production server. I tried running VirtualBox inside a VirtualBox VM, but Metasploitable 3 failed, because VBox only offer 32-bit clients, when running nested.

I then hit on the idea of running it on my Windows notebook under Hyper-V. Sure enough, the Debian virtual machine running on Hyper-V can run VirtualBox and it can install 64-bit client operating systems...

So I expanded the virtual drive to give it 65GB free space (the minimum Metasploitable needs to install!!) and I'm running a Debian VM in Hyper-V, with VirtualBox installed inside the Hyper-V and Debian is running a script to generate the new VM.

Once finished, the VM (only a few GB in size) will be exported and transferred to the testing platform.

I'm glad I've had my morning coffee, otherwise I don't think the above would make much sense to my little brain!

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:37 am
Profile ICQ
Official forum cat lady

I'm not saying users are thick but a girl just came in asking for a wireless cable :roll:

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Thu May 10, 2018 9:17 am
What's a life?

One of the senior docs couldn't work out why their printer wasn't working. They had tried various settings and programs to print from. Nothing worked. Asked me to have a look. It was switched off.

Thu May 10, 2018 9:47 am
I haven't seen my friends in so long

cloaked_wolf wrote:
One of the senior docs couldn't work out why their printer wasn't working. They had tried various settings and programs to print from. Nothing worked. Asked me to have a look. It was switched off.

:lol:

Thu May 10, 2018 11:03 am
What's a life?

After ranting about quality of products, I thought that a positive bit of information on service might be in order.

I bought a Nissan Qashqai 2 years ago. It was a 2 year old ex-demo, with 1,900KM on the clock. Because it had been standing around so long, the rubbers on the suspension were hard and squeaked when it was wet.

Nissan replaced them without quibble. They replaced the fronts first, then it went in again for the rears.

Then it had problems with the ventilation, the driver's side would be cooled, but the passenger side wasn't. Nissan replaced the whole ventilation system of the car!

Then in winter, the drivers side was warm, but the passenger side was cold... The dealer took it in and they had forgotten to re-open the heating valve on the passenger side.

Then this spring, the AC didn't work... The condensator hat been punctured by a stone. Nissan took over 75% of the costs for the replacement out of goodwill. Heck, I took the car in, expecting to have to pay for the whole thing! I asked the dealer how much the repair would cost, they said, from their side, "we don't know, we have asked Nissan, if they will make the repair out of goodwill." That wasn't me having to fight for it, threaten or anything else, that was just good customer relations on the side of the dealer.

So, a lot of trouble with the car itself, but the dealer and Nissan have provided exemplary customer service.

Thu May 31, 2018 11:45 am
Profile ICQ

broke up with American gf of 2.5 years, I now have a native Scottish partner who is in her 40s, we get on like fire :shock: life is good

Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:11 pm

brataccas wrote:
broke up with American gf of 2.5 years, I now have a native Scottish partner who is in her 40s, we get on like fire :shock: life is good

That's great news! :D

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
Sorry :roll:
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:57 am
Profile WWW

yep lol, why is so quiet on this forum here? where is everyone...

Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:23 pm

brataccas wrote:
yep lol, why is so quiet on this forum here? where is everyone...

It's Sunday evening... they're probably doing other stuff! I'm only here because I'm watching the football on my PC, and visiting the forum due to the wonders of split screen viewing

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:23 pm
Profile WWW

I've uploaded a new teaser trailer for my current W.I.P game. here is the YouTube Link

If you could have a look and let me know what you think, via the comments, I would be most grateful.

Thanks! :D

I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

For the first time in four years I was unwell enough to come home from work. Felt fantastic yesterday. Energetic. Started shivering last night out of the blue. Slept poorly. Ached all over this morning but persevered and got into work. Temp was 38.1*C. Took some paracetamol. Temp went up to 38.4 then 38.7. At that point I knew I couldn't cope for the rest of th day so took the afternoon off. Reception reallocated the booked patients. Feeling sorry myself and annoyed my weekend is ruined.

Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:56 pm

Just tweeted a tweet asking for help identifying a logo... If anyone who knows about these things could have a look, I would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance.

https://twitter.com/JohnVella68/status/ ... 13312?s=19

I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:03 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

I tried cutting out the logo and dropping it into Google and also searching on the product code at the top, but no luck.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:28 am
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 4975 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 323, 324, 325, 326, 327, 328, 329 ... 332  Next