Reply to topic  [ 4975 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 319, 320, 321, 322, 323, 324, 325 ... 332  Next
Random $h!t Thread - Part VI 
What's a life?

big_D wrote:
We put out the electronic / metal rubbish out for collection today and within an hour over half of it had been stolen! :shock:

I'm not at all criticising you for being shocked but.... why do you care? You were throwing that stuff out. You patently don't want it any more. Why does it matter whether it's taken away by the official disposal service or by someone else? Assuming the bloke isn't just grabbing it from you to then fly tip it somewhere else, which would be a really weird thing to do, frankly.

What you're basically saying is 'Hey, some guy I don't know came along and just took away the stuff I was leaving for some guy I don't know to take away!"

Err...

Last edited by jonbwfc on Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:15 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Saying it was stolen and/or calling the guy a thief seems a little extreme, if you've just thrown it out.

Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:07 pm

There is such a thing, at least in the U.K., as theft by finding which would cover taking someone else's 'rubbish' without there permission. No idea if there is similar in Germany. But yeah, unless there is some sort of credit for it being picked up by the proper waste people who picks it up is largely irrelevant.

Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:53 pm
What's a life?

Spreadie wrote:
Saying it was stolen and/or calling the guy a thief seems a little extreme, if you've just thrown it out.

That is the legal situation in Germany, goods put out for garbage collection are automatically the propery of the council / the refuse collection company and removing it from the side of the road is theft under German law...

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:28 am
Profile ICQ

About to improvise a strawberry and raspberry crumble. Might be delicious. Might be a complete disaster!

Oh what exciting times in which we live! :P

Edit to add: In a moment of inspiration, I've done a layer of strawberries and raspberries topped with a layer of crumble topping, which in turn is topped with a thin layer of Alpen* and finally another thin layer of crumble topping.

Might be delicious. Might be vile. Time will tell.

* Other muesli brands are available.

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
Sorry :roll:
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:50 pm
Profile WWW

I tend to find strawberries go a bit funny in crumble. Still taste alright but the texture can be a bit odd sometimes.
Still, I'm sure it will all taste alright.

Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:35 am

davrosG5 wrote:
I tend to find strawberries go a bit funny in crumble. Still taste alright but the texture can be a bit odd sometimes.

That was what I thought, until quite recently, when my son brought home a banana and strawberry crumble that he made at school. It was lush.

Crumbles are quite possibly my all time favourite dessert, especially apple and Rhubarb.

Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:33 am

It was an unusual texture, but tasted really nice. I am now planning the next one, and am thinking I might add some rhubarb, maybe add some sultanas, lose the Alpen* and add some coconut to the crumble topping.

I didn't have it with custard, cream, ice cream or anything else, for that matter. I wanted to test the flavour without any distractions.

* Other muesli brands are still available.

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:33 am
Profile WWW

Does anyone know if the PM feature is working on the forum? I've got two messages in the outbox, which haven't been read, which means that either I'm really unpopular, (likely) or we have an issue.

I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
Legend

John_Vella wrote:
Does anyone know if the PM feature is working on the forum? I've got two messages in the outbox, which haven't been read, which means that either I'm really unpopular, (likely) or we have an issue.

Fine here, used it just today. Cookies or log in issue?

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:27 pm
What's a life?

John_Vella wrote:

Don't they stay in your outbox until the person you sent them to logs in? Check if whoever you sent them to has been on recently.

Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:47 pm

jonbwfc wrote:
John_Vella wrote:

Don't they stay in your outbox until the person you sent them to logs in? Check if whoever you sent them to has been on recently.

Thanks, Jon. I actually had the same thought, and, sure enough, the person in question hasn't logged in since Friday. Good call! :D

I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:15 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

Wittenberg in Germany is celebrating 500 years of Reformation.

In 1517 Martin Luther posted his reform letter on the door of the church.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:37 am
Profile ICQ

Seagull rips off man’s testicle as he sunbathes naked

From the Suffolk Gazette:

Quote:
A rogue seagull ripped off a man’s right testicle as he sunbathed naked in his back garden, it has emerged. Experts say the fearsome bird mistook the man’s exposed privates as a couple of birds eggs and dropped in for a tasty snack.

As the man – who has not been named – dozed on his patio in his detached home near Ipswich, the seagull swooped from the sky, and with one bite of its beak ripped away the right testicle.

He woke screaming in agony, and saw the bird flying away with one of his ‘crown jewels’ wedged in its yellow beak.

:shock:

Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:01 am

Well, I guess that's what you'd call having a really bad day.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 4975 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 319, 320, 321, 322, 323, 324, 325 ... 332  Next