x404.co.uk
http://x404.co.uk/forum/

May Photo Comp ***Angles***
http://x404.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13590
Page 1 of 2

Author:  onemac [ Sun May 08, 2011 7:06 pm ]
Post subject:  May Photo Comp ***Angles***

OK peeps, in an unprecedented turn round time this months topic is Angles

Now just in case you are wondering why it's not all capitals - it's because I'm seeing 2 versions due to my unfortunate affliction and I've just copied straight from Heathers PM :oops: Oh well, best of luck with whatever you see :D

The Rules:

* PM me your submissions.
* ONE photo per user, however you may CHANGE your submitted photo at any time up to the due date by sending me a PM.
* There is no maximum or minimum image size, we are not here to discriminate against hardware.
* Only very light editing is allowed. Adjustment of Levels, Colour Correction, Contrast, Sharpening and Cropping is allowed.
* This thread will be closed at the specified time (end of the month). No extra entries will be accepted, except under special circumstances.
* Entries breaking these rules will not be entered.
* The forum policy must be followed.
* If you wish to remain anonymous even after voting has finished, then please let me know when you are submitting your image.
* Ensure you enclose a title and please make sure whatever host you use I can download the pic.

The Process:

* Please keep the image size to less than 1.5Mb :roll:
* Go out and take a photo, fitting in the theme and rules.
* Post your entry to me by PM, I will host it and post it.
* When the due date passes, the entries thread will be closed, and a voting thread created to determine the favourite.
* You will not be able to vote for your own entry.

The Tips:

* Think laterally, not literally. Makes for an interesting piece.
* Try to make everyone think about what they're looking at.
* Do what YOU think is right. Art is very subjective. What's great to you, sucks to someone else, etc.
* Title your work, it will make your choices more obvious
* This is nothing serious, have fun while you're doing it.

Voting:

* Voting occurs for one week from midnight on the last day of May until midnight on Tuesday 7th June.
* After voting has finished the winner chooses the next theme within a couple of days.
* Once the new theme has been chosen entries may be submitted at any time up to midnight on the last day of the month.

Good luck

Al

The Entries:

Illumination
Image

Up or Down?
Image

Angle of Attack
Image

Intersections
Image

Convergence
Image

Tension
Image

Charter of Anglian Liberties
Image

Automotive
Image

5°
Image

Head Shot
Image

"WTangle"
Image

Vanishing Point
Image

Author:  l3v1ck [ Mon May 09, 2011 6:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: May Photo Comp ***Angles***

Que a million photo's of peoples children. ;) :lol:

Author:  AlunD [ Mon May 09, 2011 6:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: May Photo Comp ***Angles***

Having reread it to make sure I got the right word. Thats a really interesting one. :D

Author:  onemac [ Mon May 09, 2011 8:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: May Photo Comp ***Angles***

l3v1ck wrote:
Que a million photo's of peoples children. ;) :lol:

The exact reason I copied and pasted heather's topic. At least I now know what the subject is :D

Al

Author:  onemac [ Mon May 09, 2011 8:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: May Photo Comp ***Angles***

Illumination has just been submitted.

Al

Author:  onemac [ Tue May 17, 2011 5:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: May Photo Comp ***Angles***

Right peeps - just a short note to advise that I'm not ignoring you (and the comp) but I'm stuck up in Dingwall for 2 weeks and the tinternet dongle I'm using gets a very weak signal roughly every September so I'm trying my best but will hopefully update at the weekend at least if I get a chance to go home. Failing that it's McD's :shock:

Al

Author:  onemac [ Fri May 20, 2011 3:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: May Photo Comp ***Angles***

OK - can the person who e-mailed me send another file in something that can be read by Microshaft please. I don't mind which communication technique you use but a simple jpeg would be nice :D

The rest of you, please read the two letters below:

L E

Al :D

Author:  onemac [ Sun May 22, 2011 3:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: May Photo Comp ***Angles***

Up or Down? and Angle of Attack have just been submitted.

Al

Author:  onemac [ Sat May 28, 2011 8:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: May Photo Comp ***Angles***

Intersections and Convergence have just been submitted.

Al

Author:  onemac [ Sat May 28, 2011 7:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: May Photo Comp ***Angles***

Tension has just been submitted.

Al

Author:  onemac [ Mon May 30, 2011 7:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: May Photo Comp ***Angles***

Charter of Anglian Liberties has just been submitted.

Al

Author:  onemac [ Tue May 31, 2011 9:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: May Photo Comp ***Angles***

A gentle reminder chaps that you have just over 13 hours to submit your pic for the comp. Some strong entries as usual but if I can get mine out of the camera today then you've all wasted your time :D Prove me wrong...

Al

Author:  onemac [ Tue May 31, 2011 7:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: May Photo Comp ***Angles***

5° has just been submitted.

Al

Author:  jonbwfc [ Tue May 31, 2011 7:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: May Photo Comp ***Angles***

Oh RATS.

I took quite a good image today and copied it onto my computer at work, then into my dropbox folder so I could resize it & etc to post it off this evening. Get home and I find something has gone wrong in the transferring and I've got half in a image in dropbox. And that's the only copy I have access to, as I can't get to my work computer remotely from here. Oh well, next month.

(BTW this is not an excuse for me to submit late or a plea for consideration. The rules is the rules.)

Author:  onemac [ Tue May 31, 2011 9:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: May Photo Comp ***Angles***

Submit what you've got and call it 'Half a Degree' :lol:

Seriously, if you submit what you've got I'll change it tomorrow when you send the rest......

Al

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/