Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Supermarkets? 

Where do you do the majority of your grocery shopping?
Aldi 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Asda 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Co-op 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Lidl 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Marks and Spencer 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Morrisons 17%  17%  [ 7 ]
Sainsburys 27%  27%  [ 11 ]
Tesco 34%  34%  [ 14 ]
Waitrose 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Other (Please state) 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 41

Supermarkets? 
Doesn't have much of a life

My wife votes with her purse. Apparently Asda are cheaper, Tesco have some nice stuff and Aldi are foreign :shock: All I know is that I drive us all there, take one of the kiddies to the DVD aisle and say no for an hour until my phone rings 3 times - then it's time to join up with wife and second child to help pack.

Apparently I can't be trusted as I'm 'always putting things in the trolley that I don't need', like food :o Ho hum...

Al

Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:29 pm
What's a life?

I usually shop at Combi (or Famila, both part of the Bünting Group), picking up the bargains from Lidl or Aldi Nord.

But given the surveillance scandals that both Aldi and Lidl got themsevles caught up in - spy cameras in the staff areas and changing rooms, hiring private detectives to follow staff etc. I'm not that keen on shopping there any more, but they are cheap, even after paying for all those private detectives (maybe they get discounts for buying in bulk?)... :?

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:34 pm
Profile ICQ
What's a life?

When I moved to B'mouth, the accommodation I was staying at was close to Tescos (it's an Extra superstore so does clothes/dvds/household stuff).

When I moved accommodation, I settled close to an ASDA. But the choices there are poorer, fewer brands and varieties. But then again, it's a smaller store. So most of the time I go to Tescos, but either for a change or if I'm short on time, I'll go to ASDA.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:07 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

It used to be Asda then I changed to Tesco. As Sainsbury's is closer we seem to be using that more and more for the 'weekly shop.' I have a Waitrose just round the corner from work too which i use when I cant be bothered to make my sandwiches. The food is lovely there.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:18 pm
Profile WWW

onemac wrote:

Apparently I can't be trusted as I'm 'always putting things in the trolley that I don't need', like food :o Ho hum...

Al

I know what you mean. I pop the odd PC/Xbox game in the trolley when she's not looking :lol:

Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:19 pm
Profile WWW
Has a life

We do Asda mainly as it's the easiest to get to with the biggest choice, but barring that fact, Sainsbury, Lidl and Aldi are all about a 2 minute walk from there so we're spoilt for choice really.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:02 pm

For when I do need a supermarket, it tends to be Sainsbury's here in Bath, if only because it's a walk/bus ride from where I live. I'll go to Morrisons if someone can drive me, though! (8-p). Having said that we tend to buy fruit and veg from the market, and meat from the butcher. Prices are comparable if you buy carefully, and quality greater.

Edd

timark_uk wrote:
Edward Armitage is Awesome. Yes, that's right. Awesome with a A.

Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:14 pm
Doesn't have much of a life

I do a massive monthly online shop with Sainsburys where I replenish everything that keeps and/or is too bulky to get back with armpower alone (5kg spuds, 1kg onions, 2kg spaghetti, 1kg penne, 1kg fusili, 1kg rice, 8 cans of tomatos, 8 cans of beans, 6 cans of sweetcorn, 8 cans of tuna, 1L of sunflower oil, 1k of washing powder...etc, it all adds up) but try to steer clear of them beyond that and shop for my veg and meat at my local markets and independent traders - which given where I live, is a real joy. :D

Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3