Reply to topic  [ 4996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318, 319 ... 334  Next
The Ranting (or Venting) Thread. 
Official forum cat lady

pcernie wrote:
I wish I'd never told anyone I bought a house until I was totally moved in. EVERYBODY is asking 'are you all excited?', 'are you all moved in yet?'...

It doesn't matter how many times/how strongly that I say things like, 'I'm having work done to the place, 'I've got a lot on', or whatever... No, they nearly hung themselves getting it all done in a few days and apparently I should be doing the same.

Right now it's the usual rigmarole of trying to get a builder to do anything. So of course I haven't moved all my stuff in - what would be the bloody point when it can sit happily in the family home for now, out of the way?

'Have you got your internet hooked up yet?', for a house I'm not staying in yet? That would be clever.

What is fcuking wrong with people? More to the point, why do they even care when I've told them I'll be moving in when I'm ready?

Awww poor Ernie having lots of people excited for him <pats head> :D

Have you moved in yet? lol >>>>>>>>runs

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Wed May 17, 2017 9:22 am
Legend

No, I'm sorry, continually asking someone the same questions over and over again on something that doesn't affect them?

That's just living by proxy.

ION, I spent the best part of half an hour on the phone to my bank because they wanted to ask me every security question bar the hundred I actually had the answers to. Apparently it's my fault that I don't have any direct debits they can ask me about.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Wed May 17, 2017 11:01 am
What's a life?

pcernie wrote:
No, I'm sorry, continually asking someone the same questions over and over again on something that doesn't affect them?

That's just living by proxy.

ION, I spent the best part of half an hour on the phone to my bank because they wanted to ask me every security question bar the hundred I actually had the answers to. Apparently it's my fault that I don't have any direct debits they can ask me about.

I don’t phone my bank - and I hate having to do so on the odd security check they seem to like to do. They ask me a whole load of questions that I really don’t have the answers to. Last time, they were asking me about cash withdrawals from ATMs. Something I do very rarely these days as most payments are by card - and it was such a long time ago that I could not fully remember the exact details. I have a crappy memory for such things. I always feel very stressed after those calls.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Wed May 17, 2017 12:17 pm
Legend

I suspect the end game is less about security and more about pushing you ever further towards the internet. Which of course doesn't really work either. You wouldn't touch the app with a barge pole, and their website only works once a year...

Wed May 17, 2017 12:28 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Why is that if I leave a comment on a YouTube video, they think I will be interested in being notified every time some dickhead makes a further comment? I don't bloody care. Got to find a way of disabling this notification crap.

Tue May 30, 2017 8:55 am
Legend

For the love of fcuking Christ, if you're going to big up your sale and your exclusives, how about making sure your website works?!

I've had it to the back teeth with cnuty checkout pages! :x

Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:13 pm

The fine for not paying the Dartford Crossing charge within 48hrs. Sure, maybe there should be a penalty payment for not paying quickly enough but ramping it up to £35 (or £70) for a £2.50 charge is just bloody greedy.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:25 am

Paul1965 wrote:
The fine for not paying the Dartford Crossing charge within 48hrs. Sure, maybe there should be a penalty payment for not paying quickly enough but ramping it up to £35 (or £70) for a £2.50 charge is just bloody greedy.

Someone I work with had an absolute nightmare with DART charges.
He makes regular trips across the crossing to see a family member so he has a DART account. I don't know if they've changed it since but in order for the account to be automatically debited it needed to have a minimum amount in it, the problem being that if it didn't have that amount, even if there was enough to pay for the use, you got a penalty charge. No indication of this on their website and it took him numerous phone calls to get to the bottom of why he was being charged even though he'd kept enough in his account to cover his usage (although it was below their arbitrary minimum which they hadn't advertised). In the end I think he only had to pay the original charges because it was their own fault but it took weeks to resolve.

Second problem was due to work rather than DART - he'd been sent on a training course from work and given a pool car to get there. The journey to the training location took him across the Dartford crossing. He forgot he needed to pay the charge (because, problem above not withstanding) it was usually deducted automatically from his account when he used his own car. So, that part was entirely his own fault, he acknowledged that and was going to pay the fine... except, because it was a pool car it went through a hire company so they received the paperwork and forwarded it onto us (in fairness within the early repayment time-frame but with only about 2 days to spare). The finance office then sat on it for a month so the charge had built up to over £200 IIRC due to missing the early repayment window. And the hire company had added their own admin fee as well. Suffice to say, rather unhappy and point blank refused to pay anything but the original charge. It took HR involvement to sort out in the end.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:39 am
Legend

There's a mysterious charge of £14.99 on my PayPal account to Sony :evil:

Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:57 am

Maddening little flies! Thrips, thunder flies, whatever they are called they can just [LIFTED] the [LIFTED] off :x :evil:

Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:56 pm
Legend

davrosG5 wrote:
Maddening little flies! Thrips, thunder flies, whatever they are called they can just [LIFTED] the [LIFTED] off :x :evil:

The insects this yime of year can ruin just about anything!

Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:33 pm

pcernie wrote:
davrosG5 wrote:

The insects this yime of year can ruin just about anything!

And how! Still, at least they aren't midges.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:07 pm
Doesn't have much of a life

Horse flies, nasty, bitey, little suicide bleeders!

In other news BT think its ok to charge a lot because they are the best.I would say arrogant at best.
Have now switched to TalkTalk, I hope it isn't a mistake at half the monthly fee. Goes live 04/07.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:22 am

E. F. Benson wrote:

In other news BT think its ok to charge a lot because they are the best.I would say arrogant at best.
Have now switched to TalkTalk, I hope it isn't a mistake at half the monthly fee. Goes live 04/07.

You could have a look here for comparison. TalkTalk seem to come out slightly ahead of BT on all metrics.
My Dad uses TalkTalk and all the trouble he's had with them means I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole tbh but in fairness it may just be my Dad's general effect on technology that's the issue. And their somewhat rubbish response to various security breaches of their customer data doesn't exactly inspire confidence either.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:37 am

davrosG5 wrote:
E. F. Benson wrote:

You could have a look here for comparison. TalkTalk seem to come out slightly ahead of BT on all metrics.
My Dad uses TalkTalk and all the trouble he's had with them means I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole tbh but in fairness it may just be my Dad's general effect on technology that's the issue. And their somewhat rubbish response to various security breaches of their customer data doesn't exactly inspire confidence either.

I was with Talk Talk, and technically, had no problems with them, but I ended up leaving because, despite my repeated requests to be left alone, they insisted on phoning me, up to three or four times a week, just to make sure that "everything was alright" and to ask me if I needed anything else.

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
Sorry :roll:
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:26 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318, 319 ... 334  Next