Reply to topic  [ 4996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316 ... 334  Next
The Ranting (or Venting) Thread. 
What's a life?

I used a mortgage broker to arrange the mortgage for our first house. Within about 7 days of submitting the paperwork, we were given a mortgage offer. Arranging the paperwork took longer because of a few irregularities (part of deposit came from me cashing an ISA so they wanted bank statements for that, and a small portion came from a gifted deposit from parents and they wanted their bank statements too!).

Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:20 pm
Legend

I only even went for a mortgage because circumstances changed drastically, meaning time was key. Perfect place came up at the same time. Still in with a shot at it, no thanks to Nationwide.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:09 pm
What's a life?

I mentioned the broker because they may have made things more simple/fprward for you. Hope it all goes well.

ION:

1. Ordered Papa Johns pizza. Did it online around 1830 for timed delivery for 1930. By 1945, nothing had arrived so rang them. The guy said the delivery went out 5 mins ago and should arrive in next 5-10 mins. Didn't arrive till 2015. Was peeved with them. Normally we go for dominos (who are always on time) or pizza hut (max 5 mins late).

2. Wanted to buy a socket set. Best place was Amazon so put it on my wish list. Went to buy it just noa and the feckers have moved it to "Prime Only" option. Feckers. The whole month it was available to buy without Prime.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:19 pm
What's a life?

I hate Autodesk!

We need to temporarily install Autodesk Vault Server 2015 (we mainly use 2016 and are moving to 2017, which is no longer compatible with 2015, so 2015 needs to be installed on a different server).

No problem. We have spare capacity on the backup DC... Install failed, needs IIS. IIS installed, error "Windows Vista IIS Metabase missing", well, duh! It is a 2012R2 sever, not Windows Vista! But Server 2012R2 is listed as compatible... Turns out, the error message is "wrong", it doesn't need Vista, it needs the IIS 6.0 compability layer! Why not say that, instead of giving an incorrect message?

Another try, nope. It now complains that ASP is not activated.

Activated.

Another try, another error. Cryptic error number. Found on a blog, that the error means that it can't be installed on a DC! So, why didn't it just put up as the first error message, that it can't be installed on this platform, instead of letting me go through hours of reconfiguring the server, only to be told, when I have finished, that the server isn't supported anyway? GAH! :evil: :evil:

Edit: And now it is getting interesting, putting it on a 2008R2 server and it suddenly says that it is not a compatible platform, please see Autodesk documentation. Look at the documentation and 2008R2 is a supported platform. And it successfully installs...

What a pile of...

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:29 am
Profile ICQ
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Just found out that I'm being paid about 7 grand a year less than the engineers. :evil:

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
Sorry :roll:
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:07 am
Profile WWW

John_Vella wrote:
Just found out that I'm being paid about 7 grand a year less than the engineers. :evil:

Ouch.

Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:27 am

davrosG5 wrote:
John_Vella wrote:

Ouch.

Yes, ouch. Said the man who is more qualified and more experienced than the rest of them. Guess that's what happens when the boss has no respect for you, either as a professional or as a human being. :roll:

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
Sorry :roll:
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:27 pm
Profile WWW

Could you make some sort of equal pay claim? I mean, if it was £100 difference or something that would be irritating but £7k is totally taking the p!ss

Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:39 pm

Our planning office allocated the usual tally of jobs for me today, but didn't have the common sense to realise the first job, being inside Parkhurst Prison, wasn't going to be your typical "in and out in under an hour" affair. Three hours later, I get my phone back and receive the half dozen voicemails from CS asking why I'm late for my other morning calls and why am I not answering my phone! :roll:

Of course, today was the day I had early evening meetings booked at my son's school, so I was chasing my own arse for the rest of the day trying to make up the time. This meant I arrived at the school tired, pissed off and hungry - not the best preparation for parent / teacher meetings. :x

Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:22 pm
What's a life?

Trying to find a restaurant to book for my mother's 60th. A lot of them seem to have rubbish phone-compatible websites. The food menus either don't load or can't be found.

Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:30 am
Legend

Genuinely don't remember when a woman was on time. Ever. I mean why wouldn't I just stand outside Tesco for half an hour?

Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:43 pm
Spends far too much time on here

Always early if not on time.

This above all: To Thine Own Self Be True

"Red sky at night, Shepherds Delight"..Which is a bit like Shepherds Pie, but with whipped topping instead of mashed potato.

Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:56 pm

I'm pondering which is the more annoying of my other half's habits: Having the [LIFTED] heating on all the time or leaving the lights on in every room all the [LIFTED] time.

Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:22 pm

pcernie wrote:
Genuinely don't remember when a woman was on time. Ever. I mean why wouldn't I just stand outside Tesco for half an hour?

which is why if I ever arrange to meet SWMBO or my mum I always meet them in a pub - that way if they are late at least its warm and there is beer

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:02 am
Official forum cat lady

hifidelity2 wrote:
pcernie wrote:

which is why if I ever arrange to meet SWMBO or my mum I always meet them in a pub - that way if they are late at least its warm and there is beer

Well I'm never late. I'm allergic to it and get stressed if I am. I even get to work 30 minutes earlier to allow for any train delays lol

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 4996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316 ... 334  Next