Reply to topic  [ 4996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 318, 319, 320, 321, 322, 323, 324 ... 334  Next
The Ranting (or Venting) Thread. 
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
TheFrenchun wrote:
An old cow just shouted abuse at me on the bus. And my first thought was to keep quiet because I was scared if she realised I was foreign it’d get worse. Thanks Brexit

The standard reply in that situation is....
'Go [LIFTED] yourself, you mad old bint.'

Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:32 pm
Profile WWW
Officially Mrs saspro

cloaked_wolf wrote:
TheFrenchun wrote:
An old cow just shouted abuse at me on the bus.

Why? Or was she just confused and/or demented?

I had the baby in the carrier so it’s not very safe to stand. She started getting up between stops so I asked her to wait until the bus was still before I let her out. She started shouting that I shouldn’t be sat down and didn’t I know about her bad back.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:08 pm
Profile WWW
Legend

Whoever came up with 2D bulbs (dome-covered bathroom light etc) needed a [LIFTED] good slap.

My house has three of these inherited wonders, and after a bulb blew, it won't much longer.

The fannying about to replace a bulb withan LED one is unreal!

Remove plastic dome which is tighter than a pensioner who still has his confirmation money. While trying not to drop it using one hand.

Trail the bulb out in an undignified manner, again trying not to drop it.

Fanny about with screws, plate removal, more screws, reconnect the wiring before replacing everything again... What a load of sh1te!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:13 pm
What's a life?

1. We've had public wifi installed at our practice. That's right - SoS Jeremy Hunt has deemed that all practices should have wifi and that money should be spent on this rather than spending it on improving patient access or patient care.

2. One of the new docs has booked all the dates I'd normally take off for annual leave. Starting to get a bit frustrating. I might end up saving it all and taking it off as a block.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:56 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Someone along the road from me has got their Christmas lights up and running. I'm hearing Christmas music in the shops. FFS it's not even halfway through November!

Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:58 pm

Paul1965 wrote:
Someone along the road from me has got their Christmas lights up and running. I'm hearing Christmas music in the shops. FFS it's not even halfway through November!

Merry Primary Gifting Period!

Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:44 pm
What's a life?

Aldi started selling Christmas Stollen, Lebkuchen and other Christmas stuff back in September!

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:25 am
Profile ICQ

big_D wrote:
Aldi started selling Christmas Stollen, Lebkuchen and other Christmas stuff back in September!

Aldi had Jeroboams of Prosecco for sale but all gone when I got to the shop last night

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:50 pm
Has a life

Merry Shopmas!!

Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:14 pm
What's a life?

Paul1965 wrote:

Local Morrisons has hot cross buns in stock.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:32 pm
What's a life?

paulzolo wrote:
Paul1965 wrote:

Oh, now that's a win. I love hot cross buns, but you can't get them here. Forget religious holidays, any day is hot cross bun day!

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:53 pm
Profile ICQ

big_D wrote:
paulzolo wrote:
Paul1965 wrote:

Oh, now that's a win. I love hot cross buns, but you can't get them here. Forget religious holidays, any day is hot cross bun day!

I'm pretty sure my local Tesco has hot cross buns all year round.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:11 pm
What's a life?

Netflix increasing their price again. It's "only" 50p but it was £6.99 when i joined and then went to £7.49 and now is going up to £7.99.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:40 am

Bought a Christmas Tree from B&Q yesterday. Opened the box last night and half the bits are missing. No bolts to hold the base in place and no cable, (it's pre-lit).

Not happy. I was really hoping to get this set up yesterday, and spend today coding. That's not going to happen. :roll:

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
Sorry :roll:
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:22 am
Profile WWW

Fourth day of a five day break from work, and none of the bits I ordered have turned up yet, despite some being due on Friday! I was planning on a quiet, contented weekend rebuilding my PCs.

Properly pigged off.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 4996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 318, 319, 320, 321, 322, 323, 324 ... 334  Next