Reply to topic  [ 4996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318 ... 334  Next
The Ranting (or Venting) Thread. 
Legend

timark_uk wrote:
pcernie wrote:
The rigmarole I just went through because of my card provider's punch in three different types of details 'security system'... I mean half the fcuking stores online don't even use the system, so what's the bloody point?
Verified by VISA?

Mark

SecureCode. The new fragrance of nonsense. By Mastercard.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:51 pm
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
timark_uk wrote:
Verified by VISA?

Nothing more than an annoyance.
Or at least it used to be. These days it seems to work without any input from me.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:54 pm
Profile WWW

l3v1ck wrote:
timark_uk wrote:
Verified by VISA?
Nothing more than an annoyance.
Or at least it used to be. These days it seems to work without any input from me.
That's largely been my experience with it too, but I bought home heating oil online the other day and for the first time in years I was prompted to respond to the most random of questions; which of these people are you acquainted with, which of these people are relatives, and another I don't remember.
I answered 'none of the above' to all three questions.
As you say, an annoyance.

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Mon May 01, 2017 12:01 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

Locked myself out of the house on Saturday! I left the wrong key stuck in the lock on the inside, which means the lock won't turn, so I couldn't get back in... :oops:

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Mon May 01, 2017 9:22 am
Profile ICQ
Legend

If it's a really sunny day and you MUST mow your grass, could you not just give it the once over? Instead of mowing a 6 by 6 plot over and over again? Like a cnut?

Better yet, sit in the fcuking sun!

Mon May 01, 2017 1:01 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

What the hell is going on with adding sodding RGB lighting to stuff for computers?
I got a gaming mouse a while back, not because I do epic gaming by any stretch of the imagination but because it happened to be fairly big so actually fit my hand properly. I'm now trying to get another one to use at work because the [LIFTED] HP cheapo mouse is giving me RSI. The mouse I've got at home is an Asus Gladius. Now, these are still available but the cost seems to be creeping up (it's definitely more expensive than when I got it the first time). Turns out one reason for this may be that Asus have released its successor, the Gladius II. As far as I can tell the only thing they've changed in any appreciable way is to add RGB lighting effects. This appear to have justified a near doubling in the price :shock: :evil:

The sad thing is there genuinely doesn't seem to be any serious middle ground here. You can get a cheapo mouse from £5 (or less) or £30 - 100+ on a better one.
I have fairly big hands so getting a decent mouse is turning out to be a massive nuisance.
Seriously, I just wanted a big mouse. I didn't need one that could scan at 1000's of dpi and I sure as hell don't need one that lights up.

Grrr.

Tue May 02, 2017 3:26 pm
Legend

£40 one careful owner on eBay, new at £45. Certainly more than I'd wanna pay for a mouse.

Tue May 02, 2017 3:53 pm
Legend

Would this work? It's a little cheaper, maybe even cheaper if you look around http://www.ebuyer.com/746226-asus-rog-s ... oCyaPw_wcB

Tue May 02, 2017 3:57 pm
What's a life?

I used the Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0 for years, they were expensive, but fit my hand well. I also used the Logitech MX Revolution.

But I've had enough of dongles, so I use Bluetooth mice these days. Generally not as comfortable, but no dongles or cables.

Our CAD designers use Logitech gaming mice, because they have lots of buttons and they can reprogramme them to work with the CAD software. They also use 3D Connextion "space" mice (3D movement joystick and lots of buttons), which also has a bright blue LED ring...

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Wed May 03, 2017 5:04 am
Profile ICQ
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Davros - cheap Steelseries gaming mouse here

Wed May 03, 2017 1:42 pm
Legend

Why in fcuk's name do companies let you get all the way through the checkout process before telling you something's out of stock? :x :x :x

If you have script for everything else, including stock checking, you can fcuking sort that one!

Wed May 03, 2017 10:17 pm
Legend

There are a staggering amount of websites that FAIL at the final hurdle with Firefox. I just spent ages adjusting a home insurance quote to watch it die on it's hole. Luckily I had the reference number and an ability to open the current page in... fcuking shoot me, IE.

There's a lot to be said for pen and paper, and speaking to people in person or even on the phone. It's INFINITELY better than spending hours watching your browser, chosen website, process, and then bank/credit card unleash all the FAIL.

Thu May 04, 2017 1:42 am
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
I fthat happens to me in Firefox its usually because the wapepage has syddenly decided it needs a script from a domain that NoScript currently has blocked.

Thu May 04, 2017 6:24 pm
Profile WWW
Legend

l3v1ck wrote:
I fthat happens to me in Firefox its usually because the wapepage has syddenly decided it needs a script from a domain that NoScript currently has blocked.

That's what I figured, but it happens with every browser I've got. I suspect idiocy and laziness.

Thu May 04, 2017 9:28 pm
Legend

I wish I'd never told anyone I bought a house until I was totally moved in. EVERYBODY is asking 'are you all excited?', 'are you all moved in yet?'...

It doesn't matter how many times/how strongly that I say things like, 'I'm having work done to the place, 'I've got a lot on', or whatever... No, they nearly hung themselves getting it all done in a few days and apparently I should be doing the same.

Right now it's the usual rigmarole of trying to get a builder to do anything. So of course I haven't moved all my stuff in - what would be the bloody point when it can sit happily in the family home for now, out of the way?

'Have you got your internet hooked up yet?', for a house I'm not staying in yet? That would be clever.

What is fcuking wrong with people? More to the point, why do they even care when I've told them I'll be moving in when I'm ready?

Mon May 15, 2017 5:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318 ... 334  Next