Reply to topic  [ 4996 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 334  Next
The Ranting (or Venting) Thread. 
What's a life?

Am after some OEM wheel trims for my sister (no alloys for her!). Anyway had a look on egay. Some were going for crazy amounts. But what was more strange was that the same seller would list the same set at £70+, £50, and £30! :shock: Everything in the listings is exactly the same but just different prices. Honestly, there must be some idiot buyers out there who perpetuate this kind of problem.

============================================================================

Whilst out shopping last night, I was amazed at the number of shoppers who like to finger the products. Several times I witness people picking up, say, a bag of plums, in some way damage the item whilst examining them and then replace it back and then picking up another one without checking it. This made me rather irate when one shopper picked up a pack of crusty rolls (moments before I was about to reach for the same item), squeeze them and replace it. Really peed me off since I couldn't then buy the rolls (who wants rolls with other peoples' fingers indented into the surface?).

===========================================================================

Why is it, that when a headlight has failed, the driver then switches on the mainbeams, thereby dazzling other road users? It's as bad as driving around with no headlights on. Both of these I bore witness to last night! Both are still worse than sidelights and foglights as illumination. I wish I had a front-mounted BB gun or similar on my car to take out peoples' foglights and thereby force them to use their headlights. I've not encountered weather requiring foglights for over ten years.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:40 am
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Fog lamps = :evil:

Quote:
You MUST use headlights when visibility is seriously reduced, generally when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 feet). You may also use front or rear fog lights but you MUST switch them off when visibility improves

From the Highway Code (emphasis mine).

Turn them off!!!! :x

Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:00 am

rustybucket wrote:
Turn them off!!!! :x

+1 million

It's when they think they're being cool by using their front fogs instead of headlights that narks me. I used to put full beam on if anyone like that was heading my way, but it's so common now I'd be on full beam all the time!

I bet many dealerships sell the cars with "driving lights" without explaining their true and proper use.

Oh, and +1 on the BB gun. :twisted:

Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:03 am
What's a life?

HeatherKay wrote:
It's when they think they're being cool by using their front fogs instead of headlights that narks me.

I can't actually do that on my car. The fogs are on the 'stalk' with the headlights and I have to click past switching the headlights on to switch on the fogs. Much better system than having them on a separate switch.

Jon

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:04 am

I agree. Switching to full beam when one headlight has gone grates me.

The fog light thing is annoying too (ooooo, doesnt my car look cool?) but worse than that is round here people drive around at twilight and dark with ONLY foglights. WTF!

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:41 am
Profile WWW

my foglights are really bright, when people follow me I turn my rear ones on then the car behind turns his fogs off, then I turn my fogs off after he does :evil: I absaloutly hate people who use foglights, I think they should get sent to a big skyscraper then dropped off the top :evil:

Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:55 am

well heres one of my fav rants :lol:
Poeple (especially OAPs) who when waiting for a buss will spend 10 minutes bitching and moaning about how bad the buses are these days and when they were run by the corporation (local council) they were so much better and had more frequent services. No they werent!!! One bus an hour is not bloody frequent, especially as now there might be a bus every 10 minutes. The only thing that was better was the price and that was because it was so heavily subsidized. Also if your standing around for that long time. Get your effing change/bus pass ready!! Dont wait until you are on the sodding bus and have to dig around in several bags, then your pockets and then go "ooo where do i want to go..! ARRRRRRRRRRRRGGHHHHHH!!!!!

I could go on but I feel my blood pressure rising :lol:

Amnesia10 wrote:
Yes but the opportunity to legally kill someone with a giant dildo does not happen every day.

Finally joined Flickr

Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:33 pm
Doesn't have much of a life

Yeah, and why do OAPs insist on going to the Post Office first thing in the morning - when people are rushing to work and need to get in and out, the place is cluttered up with OAPs queueing up for their pension or paying bills with a big bag of pennies, or whatever.

They've got all bleedin' day to go to the Post Office, but no - they have to go as soon as they open when there are people who need to go there before getting to work.

* and relax *

* Witty statement goes here *

Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:48 pm

steve74 wrote:
Yeah, and why do OAPs insist on going to the Post Office first thing in the morning - when people are rushing to work and need to get in and out, the place is cluttered up with OAPs queueing up for their pension or paying bills with a big bag of pennies, or whatever.

They've got all bleedin' day to go to the Post Office, but no - they have to go as soon as they open when there are people who need to go there before getting to work.

* and relax *

I was always under the impression that OAP's liked to go to the post office during working peoples lunch hours so they can clog up the system when other folk have a limited amount of time in which to do whatever it is they need to do.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:33 pm

I have had plenty of patience with OAP's since I realised I would be one some day.
Living rurally, whats the point of getting frustrated driving behind someone going 35mph? They are going as fast as they are comfortable with and if their driving has to stop, thats their independence too. So cut em some slack chaps, that'll be you one day.

Last edited by E. F. Benson on Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:52 pm

davrosG5 wrote:
I was always under the impression that OAP's liked to go to the post office during working peoples lunch hours so they can clog up the system when other folk have a limited amount of time in which to do whatever it is they need to do.

Yeah, that as well... I believe they do it in shifts - it's a conspiracy, I tells ya!

* Witty statement goes here *

Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:38 pm

E. F. Benson wrote:
I have had plenty of patience with OAP's since I realised I would be one some day.
Living rurally, whats the point of getting frustrated driving behind someone going 35mph? They are going as fast as they are comfortable with and if their driving has to stop, thats their independence too. So cut em some slack chaps, that'll be you one day.

slower drivers are generally more dangerous than speeders, in some cases, I hate oap drivers I wish they were all banned off the road.

I thought I was following a drunk driver as each blind turn he drove onto the other side of the road to take the corner, was some 75+ year old man behind the wheel.

stupid people oaps :evil:

Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:56 pm
Official forum cat lady

brataccas wrote:

stupid people oaps :evil:

And that, people, is what's wrong with the UK today. Bratty have you never been told to respect your elders? You'll be an OAP one day (if you're lucky enough to have a long life). Just because they are slow does not make them stupid.

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:59 pm

brataccas wrote:
[X] are generally [Comparison to Y] , in some cases.

I love that approach to reasoning.

timark_uk wrote:
Edward Armitage is Awesome. Yes, that's right. Awesome with a A.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:00 pm

oceanicitl wrote:

And that, people, is what's wrong with the UK today. Bratty have you never been told to respect your elders? You'll be an OAP one day (if you're lucky enough to have a long life). Just because they are slow does not make them stupid.

I dont respect any elders, no reason to, they are a danger to the road and others, some clown OAP messed with a bus few years back in my town and ended up killing herself :roll: I think she pulled out in front of it or something, cant quite remember

at their age I cringe to think how bad their eyesight is and their sluggish reaction times making them so dangerous.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4996 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 334  Next