Reply to topic  [ 4996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 314, 315, 316, 317, 318, 319, 320 ... 334  Next
The Ranting (or Venting) Thread. 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

John_Vella wrote:
My Dad uses TalkTalk and all the trouble he's had with them means I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole tbh but in fairness it may just be my Dad's general effect on technology that's the issue.

My Dad uses BT and all the trouble he's had with them means I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole tbh but in fairness it may just be my Dad's general effect on technology that's the issue.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:41 pm
Doesn't have much of a life

It all started when I saw a deal on Money Saving Expert whereby BT would give new subscribers fibre plus calls inc line rental for something like £25 or less. But as an existing subscriber I couldn't get that. I was paying £53.99 and the phone was bringing it up to around £70. Realising things were getting a little out of hand I phoned to get a better deal. Despite my best efforts all they could manage was a tenner less for half the download speed and the quip "BT are expensive for a reason"...

oh and I forgot to mention how BT sport had suddenly become fiver a month too.

Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:29 am

Loyalty rarely, if ever, pays with these things.

Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:19 am

davrosG5 wrote:

I know

Just renewed the Bike & the House insurance – Cost had gone up by 40% ish (Bike) and about 30% fpor the house

After a bit it of comparisoning found similar cover for about the same as the original costs – rang them up and managed to get them to drop it back down

So while a success should not really need to go to all that hassle

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:33 am

Paul1965 wrote:
John_Vella wrote:
My Dad uses TalkTalk and all the trouble he's had with them means I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole tbh but in fairness it may just be my Dad's general effect on technology that's the issue.

My Dad uses BT and all the trouble he's had with them means I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole tbh but in fairness it may just be my Dad's general effect on technology that's the issue.

That caused a double take, to say the least... I was wondering how long ago I must have posted that, given that my dad has been dead for about seven years! Then I realised it was a quote fail... :P

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
Sorry :roll:
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:00 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

Trend Micro! We use Windows 10 and Trend Micro has problems with W10. This week, they released the German version of an update to their corporate AV solution.

Great, slap that on the server and... It trashes the server, instead of upgrading, it deletes the existing installation, then complains it can't install the new one, so no server solution... Try again and it installs, but the licensing information is gone. Managed to get it up and running and reapplied the license.

Now it refuses to talk to the PCs.

I worked until late last night and I haven't managed to get it working, so looking at rolling back (we have a Veeam back-up of the server before the upgrade)...

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:20 am
Profile ICQ
What's a life?

Veeam is a dream, rolled the server back to the state it was in on Tuesday evening and et voilá, a working Trend Micro server.

Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:21 am
Profile ICQ
Legend

I remember when you could set up a direct debit without the three digit number on the back... is it suddenly more secure now that every fcuking online company is asking for it?

Need to set something up by Sunday, so of course I'm miles away from my card and knowing all the details bar the wanky three digits :x

I am sick to the back teeth of the facade of security online - it serves no purpose but to piss the customer off and cost the company money in lost revenue. Everybody knows it's companies that lose the fcuking data in the first place! If they haven't deployed security protocols made of wishful thinking, some tosser has left the company with the unhashed data behind said protocols.

Passwords that only work at certain times for reasons unexplained. The checkout's so secure it won't actually take your information. If it lets you, you apparently have to enter every piece of information bar your inside leg measurement. Securecode, which has never worked correctly. Sagepay. Paypal opening in another browser on your phone for no fcuking reason. Mobile website checkout? Might as well send a raven. Need a password reminder? We'll say we've sent you one, but we haven't really...

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:44 pm
Has a life

What is terrible is that as soon as you give them that "secure" three digit code, it is no longer secure!!!

Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:00 pm
Legend

Burn_IT wrote:
What is terrible is that as soon as you give them that "secure" three digit code, it is no longer secure!!!

Precisely.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:27 pm

One thing I am sick of is the phone I've got updating applications so that there's very little free space left. I get messages saying that 'Storage space is running out' and that 'some system functions may not work ,' but it's not like I'm filling up the space with needless applications. I've cut the software to the bare minimum and moved what I can to a memory card but the phone is just clogging up and becoming slow. Ridiculous.

I'm also sick of Adobe's weekly flash updates too.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:43 am
What's a life?

I deinstalled Flash 2.5 years ago, no updates since then...

Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:54 am
Profile ICQ
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
davrosG5 wrote:

You say that, but Plusnet ring me up annually to see if they can reduce my bill.

Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:26 pm
Profile WWW

l3v1ck wrote:
davrosG5 wrote:

You say that, but Plusnet ring me up annually to see if they can reduce my bill.

Really? As of last month, I've been with them for twenty years and they haven't phoned me once, for anything other than returning a call.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:28 am
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
Yep. Renewed when they called me last month. Same service for £5 a month less than I was paying before.

Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:10 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 314, 315, 316, 317, 318, 319, 320 ... 334  Next