Reply to topic  [ 4996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 309, 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315 ... 334  Next
The Ranting (or Venting) Thread. 
Legend

oceanicitl wrote:
pcernie wrote:
@ Caz

I was implying that for all the anti-aging activity some women indulge in, maybe checking the time would help... You know, in general.

The usual get-out clauses apply: this is only some women, but apparently all the ones I know...

You mean they're slapping on the anti aging creams a bit late?

No, I was saying the passage of time isn't a consideration otherwise! Certainly not for those who are waiting on them showing up!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:17 am
I haven't seen my friends in so long

oceanicitl wrote:
John_Vella wrote:
brataccas wrote:
female managers striking again at my work, :roll: Sometimes I think "god" was high on crack cocaine when he created the thought process of a lady, theres just something missing...

Comfortable chair? Check!
Popcorn? Check!

Let the show begin... :P

Why? Are you doing a show? lol <deliberately ignores Bratty lol>

I'm not, however certain other forumites, without naming names, seem to be intent in digging themselves into a hole, and it's fun to watch!

As a point of interest, what type of show were you thinking? :P

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
Sorry :roll:
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:45 pm
Profile WWW
Officially Mrs saspro

Completely gone off chocolate. I spat out a quality street ( not unsurprisingly) but also tried a nice hotel chocolate one which tasted vile.
:evil:

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:48 pm
Profile WWW
Official forum cat lady

John_Vella wrote:
As a point of interest, what type of show were you thinking? :P

You were the one that mentioned a show... you tell me lol

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:49 pm

TheFrenchun wrote:
Completely gone off chocolate. I spat out a quality street ( not unsurprisingly) but also tried a nice hotel chocolate one which tasted vile.
Hahahahahahaha nightmare.

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:56 pm
Profile WWW

John_Vella wrote:
Comfortable chair? Check!
Popcorn? Check!
Let the show begin... :P

Are you quite eccentric? :shock:

oceanicitl wrote:
Why? Are you doing a show? lol <deliberately ignores Bratty lol>

We all know you're really a man in reallife, your secrets safe with us :P ;)

Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:23 pm

TheFrenchun wrote:

That's 33% of primary pleasures gone :shock: - it only leaves Sex and Beer and while they might be the more important ones if I sit at my desk at 10.00 and have a kit-kat no one bats an eyelid but.......well the boss has told me to refrain from that in public ;)

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:31 am
Officially Mrs saspro

hifidelity2 wrote:
TheFrenchun wrote:

That's 33% of primary pleasures gone :shock: - it only leaves Sex and Beer and while they might be the more important ones if I sit at my desk at 10.00 and have a kit-kat no one bats an eyelid but.......well the boss has told me to refrain from that in public ;)

Also no beer here, and I've gone off coffee as well :( add to that no charcuterie or Roquefort.
It's a miserable time.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:53 am
Profile WWW
Official forum cat lady

brataccas wrote:
We all know you're really a man in real life, your secrets safe with us :P ;)

Very funny Bratty lol

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:11 am

TheFrenchun wrote:
hifidelity2 wrote:
TheFrenchun wrote:

Also no beer here, and I've gone off coffee as well :( add to that no charcuterie or Roquefort.
It's a miserable time.

well 1 out of 3 aint bad ;)

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:39 am
Spends far too much time on here

oceanicitl wrote:

Have you tried sites that are specifically designed for people with pets? Just found this:

http://www.letswithpets.org.uk/

Yes, unfortunately they don't get much traffic, Zoopla is good, but the others have nothing on them.

I am being persistent!!

This above all: To Thine Own Self Be True

"Red sky at night, Shepherds Delight"..Which is a bit like Shepherds Pie, but with whipped topping instead of mashed potato.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:09 pm
Legend

Ran out of spray paint
Small debris all over project
Snapped a brush in two just taking it out of the packet
And now neither paint stripper I've bought appears to do jack sh1t

Why is it that one day you think 'Right, I'm gonna have a real go at this' is always a fcuking disaster?

Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:29 pm
Legend

If any of you bank with Nationwide or are considering it... DON'T would be my advice.

They almost lost me a house I'm bidding on through time wasting, when I'd previously been the easiest mortgage decision they were gonna make all year.

I sent them everything they asked for and got confirmation of receipt. Then nothing. Phone calls every day. Your documents are still being processed. We've marked it as urgent. Have you completed 'x' on the website? No, because that didn't appear and you're only mentioning it days later....

Can't complete 'x' anyway because I need you to acknowledge what I sent you is ok first. Guy on phone eventually says we've processed your documents but I tell them they're too bloody late... That was days ago. Then I get an email yesterday saying they can't see my expenditure anywhere. I mean it certainly wouldn't be under that listing 'credit card' now, would it? Plus I told the person I originally spoke to how my outgoings appeared and was told that was fine.

To summarise, in their weeks of fannying about nobody would have blamed the seller if they'd gotten cold feet. Had to use my own initiative instead of getting into a totally unnecessary bidding war or even just losing the trust of the seller.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't risk using these idiots for anything. I'm actually gonna make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman once I'm all set up.

Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:59 am

I've banked with Nationwide for over a decade and been fairly happy with them, admittedly I've not got a mortgage with them. But yeah, that sucks.
I used to bank with Halifax until they were a massive pain in the ass about a mortgage.

Do you really think a different bank would have been any better? The problem with mortgages is that once you've made a choice backing out is a major issue because you're going to have to go through all the palarva again so aside from the initial choice shopping round isn't that practical and you only really find out how good the bank or building society is once you're basically locked into going through.

Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:41 pm
Legend

davrosG5 wrote:
I've banked with Nationwide for over a decade and been fairly happy with them, admittedly I've not got a mortgage with them. But yeah, that sucks.
I used to bank with Halifax until they were a massive pain in the ass about a mortgage.

Do you really think a different bank would have been any better? The problem with mortgages is that once you've made a choice backing out is a major issue because you're going to have to go through all the palarva again so aside from the initial choice shopping round isn't that practical and you only really find out how good the bank or building society is once you're basically locked into going through.

I was with Abbey at their worst, and honestly, their staff had more of a clue generally-speaking. I basically got a slightly different answer or new information every time I phoned Nationwide. I genuinely believe any other bank could have done better, especially with how easy I made it for them to make money with next to zero risk.

I found out how useless this outfit are before signing anything thankfully. You have to be utterly sh1te as a mortgage lender when you can't even get the customer past the documents stage.

Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 309, 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315 ... 334  Next