Reply to topic  [ 4996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 326, 327, 328, 329, 330, 331, 332 ... 334  Next
The Ranting (or Venting) Thread. 
What's a life?

On the one hand, it is a bit petty, on the other hand it is very annoying to have non-residents and non-visitors blocking up the street in front of your house, every single day. For you, it is a one time experience of parking in that road, for him, it is possibly every damned day, when he comes home from work...

Still no excuse for him being a pig headed idiot about it.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:43 am
Profile ICQ
Legend

Amazon continue to ship out previous returns as new. This year so far I've had to complain about everything from books and toys to every other household item.

The only good thing is that once you say it's an obvious previous return they let you keep it. Plus I've got their email address instead of going through their w@nky live chat or half hour phone calls. They still try to make you return everything, but as a Prime customer blah blah blah...

The other thing is totally inappropriate packaging. Things in cereal box-quality cardboard are arriving in jiffy bags instead of boxes now. So there's another email fired off cos I'm not paying extra every year to have [LIFTED] crushed. And what use is that if you've ordered something as a present?

It's Argos and Currys all over again and it's totally illegal at the scale they're doing it. It's a Watchdog episode in the making, cos I've ordered the most random [LIFTED] and all of it was previous returns they then try to get me to return!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:20 pm
What's a life?

pcernie wrote:
Amazon continue to ship out previous returns as new.

So far I've not had this issue but I check on each item. But it's why I won't buy certain items from them.

pcernie wrote:
The other thing is totally inappropriate packaging. Things in cereal box-quality cardboard are arriving in jiffy bags instead of boxes now. So there's another email fired off cos I'm not paying extra every year to have [LIFTED] crushed. And what use is that if you've ordered something as a present?

I've noticed the Amazon cardboard packaging is thinner too so if that gets crushed, the item's packaging isn't always strong enough.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:08 am
Legend

cloaked_wolf wrote:
pcernie wrote:
Amazon continue to ship out previous returns as new.

So far I've not had this issue but I check on each item. But it's why I won't buy certain items from them.

pcernie wrote:

I've noticed the Amazon cardboard packaging is thinner too so if that gets crushed, the item's packaging isn't always strong enough.

I'm almost certain I'm being shipped their stuff listed as Warehouse (damaged) cos that option seems to disappear once I've placed an order for new!

They're putting expensive action figures in those wraparound cardboard things, or even worse, in a jiffy bag! Even happened with .com.

I don't mind, but it still shouldn't be arriving that way. And if you're a hardcore collector or needing a birthday present forget it!

Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:27 am
I haven't seen my friends in so long

I did notice that Amazon stopped selling the Samsung 970 EVO NVMe drives - from the comments/reviews section it appeared that a lot of people were being shipped a couple of sheets of cardboard instead of the drive.
If I buy one it won't be coming from Amazon, that's for sure.

My main problem with Amazon isn't the packaging, it's their habit of leaving things sitting on the front door step in full view of the street. They've been better since I complained about it but it's always a bit of a concern these days.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:25 pm
What's a life?

davrosG5 wrote:
My main problem with Amazon isn't the packaging, it's their habit of leaving things sitting on the front door step in full view of the street. They've been better since I complained about it but it's always a bit of a concern these days.

We have an enclosed porch so I'm quite happy for it to be left there. The alternatives would be neighbours (who aren't always home), redelivery another day, or to an Amazon locker.

The ease of picking up a parcel at home rather than having to go out IMO outweighs the risk of theft. But I have a security camera in the porch, and Amazon often want expensive items signed for or delivered by hand.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:05 am
Legend

Of course eBay's server is down on the final day I can contact them, of course it [LIFTED] is!

Just spent ages wrestling with my phone in the belief it was those useless [LIFTED] at Plusnet too...

We were better off before the internet, we really were. We just didn't know it.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:11 pm
Legend

Started the day getting Plusnet to fix my connection speed.

Then Sky's PS4 app got an update that required logging in again, and I mean why the fcuk would that ever work? It's currently locking up like a Taser victim.

And my phone is in a bag of rice for 24hrs because the dog thumped the bath's plastic front so hard the entire bath shook and it went in some leftover suds.

I have a mirror to put up - that just ain't happening now with today's run of luck...

While I'm ranting, if women could just leave men alone when they're obviously so angry they could rip their own head off, that would be fab.

Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:23 pm
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
That sounds like a really bad day.

Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:32 am
Profile WWW

I ordered a robot toy for the cat recently... Here's a picture:

Looks great, doesn't it? Your cat can play with it, and you can keep an eye on your beloved pet using your smartphone... wonderful, I thought.

There was a package waiting for me when I got home last night...

This is not the droid I'm looking for!

I have sent the company an email, and I await their reply with baited breath...

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
Sorry :roll:
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:58 am
Profile WWW

John_Vella wrote:

This is not the droid I'm looking for!
I got that reference!
(8+D

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:18 pm
Profile WWW
Legend

You know you're getting old when you miss a Star Wars reference :x

Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:53 pm

pcernie wrote:
And my phone is in a bag of rice for 24hrs because the dog thumped the bath's plastic front so hard the entire bath shook and it went in some leftover suds.

You left your phone on the side of the bath, but it's the dog's fault? :roll:
pcernie wrote:
While I'm ranting, if women could just leave men alone when they're obviously so angry they could rip their own head off, that would be fab.

Depends, were you the cause of the anger, or was the dog to blame? :P

Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:57 am
Legend

Spreadie wrote:
pcernie wrote:

You left your phone on the side of the bath, but it's the dog's fault? :roll:
pcernie wrote:

Depends, were you the cause of the anger, or was the dog to blame? :P

Not the side of the bath, the big flat bit at the end. He burst through the door and full-on walloped it by bouncing off it sideways. The entire bath rose up on it's mooring. Fcuking marvellous when you're having a sh1te at the time.

And no, neither I nor the dog were the cause of the anger in that instance of being asked really dumb questions.

Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:22 pm
What's a life?

Trousers! I think I've said this before, but I hate buying trousers.

I bought 3 pairs of jeans last week, light blue, dark blue and black, all from the same maker, the same "cut", but I need a 38", 42" and 44" respectively, for the same damned trousers, just in different colours!

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:20 pm
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 4996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 326, 327, 328, 329, 330, 331, 332 ... 334  Next