Reply to topic  [ 4996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 316, 317, 318, 319, 320, 321, 322 ... 334  Next
The Ranting (or Venting) Thread. 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

I ordered something from Scan which is being delivered by DPD. Any time I've had something delivered by DPD from Amazon there's been a option to have it dropped in at a pickup point (the nearest of which just happens to be round the corner from my house). It would appear that whatever agreement Scan have with DPD use of pickup points isn't an option.

My previous neighbour, who was retired so usually in, has moved so getting it reliably delivered to a neighbour is out.

Security at work don't like people getting personal deliveries sent to work. I can understand that as there are over 800 people at the site so it wouldn't take much for them to get swamped.

The best option for me then would be to just collect it from the DPD depot - it's in Peterborough and I pass it on my way home from work. Is it possible to select that as an option? Is it heck.
I tried to arrange this last night after their first delivery attempt but by the time I got home the depot was closed so DPD's help centre people couldn't do anything (so the depot doesn't have e-mail or an answer phone or any other way the central office can leave instructions outside of hours?). I was recommended to get in touch this morning... except they've already put my package out for delivery therefore wasting the drivers time again.

I usually like DPD because they have flexible options but whoever you are buying from obviously have to have paid for the range of services to give that flexibility (and Scan evidently haven't). It's all very frustrating.
Hopefully once they've tried their second delivery attempt they'll just hold it at the depot and I'll be able to pick it up like I wanted to do in the first place. Grrr.

Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:40 am
Legend

Obviously it depends on the size of the order, but I cant recommend dropboxes enough. Don't know if your landlord might crap on the idea though... Or in the box lmao

ION, touchscreens are still utter wank.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:40 am

pcernie wrote:
Obviously it depends on the size of the order, but I cant recommend dropboxes enough. Don't know if your landlord might crap on the idea though... Or in the box lmao

ION, touchscreens are still utter wank.

They delivered it to a neighbour, despite me not having given permission for them to do that :evil:

Not sure about a dropbox. The front of the house has god-awful stone cladding on it that would make securely mounting stuff on there a massive PITA. I guess somewhere round the back would be alright but I've had problems with delivery people smashing up the gate (literally) before when they've put stuff round the back. The joys of terraced houses.

Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:19 am
What's a life?

davrosG5 wrote:
I ordered something from Scan which is being delivered by DPD. Any time I've had something delivered by DPD from Amazon there's been a option to have it dropped in at a pickup point (the nearest of which just happens to be round the corner from my house). It would appear that whatever agreement Scan have with DPD use of pickup points isn't an option.

Is it anything expensive/"special"? I know when I've ordered stuff in the past, it'll get left in the porch unless it's £££ or needs a signature.

Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:03 pm

cloaked_wolf wrote:
davrosG5 wrote:

Is it anything expensive/"special"? I know when I've ordered stuff in the past, it'll get left in the porch unless it's £££ or needs a signature.

About £150 off computer stuff which is unlikely to be of great interest to the vast majority of people.

Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:13 pm
Legend

Women, for the love of all the fcuking gods, ratchet up the ringer on your phone and try NOT burying it under 12 tonnes of sh1t in that suitcase you call a handbag!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:42 am

I'm out of work and I'm applying for council tax support. When I was out of work last time, I phoned them up, they sent out a two page form and I filled it in and returned it.

However, since we are now living in the information age, I must apply online via the "Citizen's Portal".

That two page form is now a 36 page form.

36 [LIFTED] pages!

Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:47 am
Officially Mrs saspro

Spreadie wrote:
I'm out of work and I'm applying for council tax support. When I was out of work last time, I phoned them up, they sent out a two page form and I filled it in and returned it.

However, since we are now living in the information age, I must apply online via the "Citizen's Portal".

That two page form is now a 36 page form.

36 [LIFTED] pages!

It's done to dissuade you to apply. I have another 50 something page form to fill in for citizenship despite having been granted permanent residence. It's exactly the same info.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
Tell me about it. The last time I had to claim job seekers allowance I had to deal with all the online forms. It was a nightmare.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:42 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

Why does Windows allow you to create files that have names too long for it? You create the file, you can list the file, but you cannot open it, rename it or delete it! GAH!

I had to move a folder on a server to a new partition on a new server at the weekend and there were dozens of files like this!

Luckily they were all in subdirectories and I could rename the parents until the total length fell within the limits of NTFS.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:33 am
Profile ICQ
What's a life?

Amazon. Ordered some items. Chose free delivery as always and expected delivery was this week, Tues-Fri. Great - someone will be in all week. Wake up to email message - your order has been despatched and will be delivered today. When no one's home. :evil: If I'd known that, I'd have placed the order today instead of Saturday. Frustrating because Amazon won't leave it in the porch if it's above a certain value.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:13 am

cloaked_wolf wrote:
Amazon. Ordered some items. Chose free delivery as always and expected delivery was this week, Tues-Fri. Great - someone will be in all week. Wake up to email message - your order has been despatched and will be delivered today. When no one's home. :evil: If I'd known that, I'd have placed the order today instead of Saturday. Frustrating because Amazon won't leave it in the porch if it's above a certain value.

I know, I ordered a new table from Amazon and they said it would be delivered this week. Fortunately my brother is at home at the moment so I told them to deliver it to his house... which they did... last Thursday before I'd had a chance to warn him to expect a package. Even better, they use Yodel who sent me two e-mails - one telling me it was out for delivery at 8:30 that morning and another that it had been delivered - these both arrived within 5 minutes of each other (and it was delivered about midday) so I couldn't even warn my brother to expect it on the day.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:09 am
What's a life?

davrosG5 wrote:
I know

When they've done it in the past, it's been with low-cost items that I don't mind being left in the porch. It's more for things that need to be signed.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:21 am

cloaked_wolf wrote:
davrosG5 wrote:
I know

When they've done it in the past, it's been with low-cost items that I don't mind being left in the porch. It's more for things that need to be signed.

They recently left a package on the soil under the bush in my front garden. I mean, fair enough you couldn't see it very easily from the street but it's just as well it didn't rain. I guess it's marginally better than propped up against the front door which has happened a couple of times as well.

Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:27 am
What's a life?

cloaked_wolf wrote:

Well thankfully it arrived after I'd got home. 7pm delivery.

Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 4996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 316, 317, 318, 319, 320, 321, 322 ... 334  Next