Reply to topic  [ 4996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 330, 331, 332, 333, 334  Next
The Ranting (or Venting) Thread. 

pcernie wrote:
timark_uk wrote:
pcernie wrote:
Got a new oil tank fitted months ago.
How much did this cost? You can DM me the answer if you don't wanna put it on open forum.
This might have to be done in a new house so it's not just idle curiosity.
Not sure on just the tank itself, but £800 for it, transferring the oil into it, and installing it on a concrete plinth that was made.
Cheers man.
We'll definitely need oil transferring from our current premises to the new one, not sure we'll get a new tank immediately as I have to check capacity of current one.

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:31 am
Profile WWW
Legend

Apologies if you're a jogger but I'd imagine you're not a berk like the ones I encounter.

5k runners taking up almost the entire path between them and nearly standing on my dogs' feet. Even worse, one 5k set now goes on a different night to the other set so they don't get in each others' way. The only consolation is most of them will have the knees of a pensioner by the time they're 45.

It used to be one or two folks in the entire park, now if it's not a park run crowd swarming from side to side, it's two or three berks running up the middle of the path in some sort of high-vis civil partnership.

One of these days I'm gonna hold a meeting in the park along the lines of, 'Look, just eat less and go for a walk. No messing your legs up, no need for disturbing lycra, no upsetting EVERYBODY ELSE.'

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:33 pm

We are preparing to move house (signing contract in just over a week) and I wanted to buy some properly sturdy boxes to transport my records in.
I found some ones online that looked perfect.
Shipping for five flat-packed cardboard boxes seemed a bit much at a tenner, but these are going to be protecting items are are considerably more valuable than that, so I thought 'okay'.
Then I see that shipping was set to England, Wales and Scotland, so I hit the drop-down and select Northern Ireland … you can probably guess what's coming …
Thirty [LIFTED] quid to ship five boxes to me over here.
And it's not like they are coming from Canada or somewhere like that, it is an England based company.
That would have put the total cost for five cardboard boxes up to around £60 (after VAT was added).

I wasn't having that, so I went on to Amazon and found 10 boxes, around the same dimensions and construction as the ones above, for £22 and free shipping.

I tried not to go to Amazon in the first place because I wanted to give the smaller independent a go. In this instance that was certainly a mistake.

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:31 am
Profile WWW
Legend

timark_uk wrote:
We are preparing to move house (signing contract in just over a week) and I wanted to buy some properly sturdy boxes to transport my records in.
I found some ones online that looked perfect.
Shipping for five flat-packed cardboard boxes seemed a bit much at a tenner, but these are going to be protecting items are are considerably more valuable than that, so I thought 'okay'.
Then I see that shipping was set to England, Wales and Scotland, so I hit the drop-down and select Northern Ireland … you can probably guess what's coming …
Thirty [LIFTED] quid to ship five boxes to me over here.
And it's not like they are coming from Canada or somewhere like that, it is an England based company.
That would have put the total cost for five cardboard boxes up to around £60 (after VAT was added).

I wasn't having that, so I went on to Amazon and found 10 boxes, around the same dimensions and construction as the ones above, for £22 and free shipping.

I tried not to go to Amazon in the first place because I wanted to give the smaller independent a go. In this instance that was certainly a mistake.

Mark

It's incredible that in 2020 they're still pulling that one. Mind you, we can add it to more expensive insurance and not getting supermarket deals like EVERYBODY ELSE DOES.

In other news, joggers have taken over the park to the extent they've got people with radios telling you not to drive in. I'm sick of the lot of them, they're ruining a public park for people who aren't [LIFTED] demented.

Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:37 pm
Legend

Does this happen to anyone else? You randomly need to check account details on a site you haven't been near in months, and THAT'S when they're doing maintenance? :x

Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:22 am
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Trying to arrange a refund from Microsoft Store (online) including speaking with the support people on the phone. My god. It's so bad I'm thinking of giving up the £33.50 as a lost cause.

At one point I was told "you'll receive the refund yesterday." Time travelling refunds FTW.

I didn't.

Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:02 pm
Profile WWW
Legend

My irreplaceable American Transformers exclusives are sat in Kildare instead of Belfast... At least they'd better be :cry:

Honestly, I never have anything go missing of all the hundreds of deliveries I get bar the most fcuking important stuff! Nnngggghhh!

Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:04 pm
Legend

I'm sick to the back teeth of scumbag online sellers of every hue. When I come to power they'll be hung, drawn, quartered, shot, burnt, stabbed, infected...

Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:06 am

pcernie wrote:
John_Vella wrote:
I didn't see your name before I read the reply and just for a moment I thought that bratty had returned! :lol:

You're not paranoid if it's true. Or something. I miss Bratty!

He's not posted or been here since 2018.

Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:29 am

brataccas wrote:
pcernie wrote:
John_Vella wrote:
I didn't see your name before I read the reply and just for a moment I thought that bratty had returned! :lol:

You're not paranoid if it's true. Or something. I miss Bratty!

He's not posted or been here since 2018.

Ooh, I wonder what happened to him? :o :shock: :? :roll: :lol:

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
Sorry :roll:
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:06 pm
Profile WWW
Legend

I think women live longer because their sense of time is appalling. Fight me :P

Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:57 pm
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
If there's one thing worse that rats in the office, it's rats being caught with Indian sticky pads rather than mouse traps. The suffering is unnecessary

Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:00 pm
Profile WWW
Has a life

Talking of traps.
I was visiting my mother and she said she thought she had seen a mouse run across the floor.
My brother and I remembered that there was an old mouse trap in the shed so we fetched it in and set it on the draining board. As we went back into the sitting room we heard it snap behind us and said we hadn't set it correctly. We had! Well we disposed of that body and reset the trap. Before we had chance to sit sown, it went off again. It didn't go off a third time while we were there, but my mother said there was another body later.

Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:42 pm

The outrageous sums that Care Homes can charge. My Dad's having to go in one and all the local ones are £1,600 per week or more because there is (supposedly) 24 hour care.

Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:50 pm
What's a life?

Yes locally the top rated private one is around £5000 a month which works out to be the same.

Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 330, 331, 332, 333, 334  Next