Reply to topic  [ 1759 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118
Tales of Win Thread 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

I do see the advantage of 365 (especially the home 5 user licence ) but I have been able to get the “Full Fat” version via work since Office 2003

So (assuming £10 / licence – it was cheaper back in 2003 and it’s a bit more now) I have spent ) £50 over the past 14 years as I have bought
2003 – 2010 – 2013 – 2016 – 2019

(and also for the same price Project and Visio although not updated them quite as often)

While each is only good for 1 PC I have just migrated them from (latest version to oldest)

Main PC
Laptop
Parent
Spares

Now 365 is around £60 p.a. ?? Allowing for it to be cheaper when it 1st came out.

Now if I had to pay full price that would be different as 365 would cover the costs of 1 full licence for many years

I know there are other advantages to 365 (always up to date, easier sharing and I am sure more I don’t know of) but so far it does not make financial sense to move over to it

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:19 am

hifidelity2 wrote:
I know there are other advantages to 365 (always up to date, easier sharing and I am sure more I don’t know of) but so far it does not make financial sense to move over to it

I think I pay £7.99 per month for Office which works out at a little over 25p per day. Or £2 a week. Either way, when I put it like that the amount is not worth quibbling about. I do realise that this adds up to almost £100 per year, but 25p per day is a small enough amount to justify it to myself!

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
Sorry :roll:
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:16 am
Profile WWW

I've got Office 365 and I don't even have to pay for it (there are advantages to taking the minutes of your union branch).
I like the OneDrive integration.

Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:05 am
What's a life?

You are not counting the 1TB storage (for each of the 6 accounts) and 1 hour of Skype calls each month. I have my wife and daughters accounts linked in.

Up to 6 PC installs and 6 Smartphones or tablets.

If you don't have anyone to share with, you can get the personal version, which is 30 - 40 quid cheaper and is just for one user.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:39 am
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 1759 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118