Reply to topic  [ 1759 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 118  Next
Tales of Win Thread 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

hifidelity2 wrote:
Indeed it has - Very clever of the Italians and the French Refs quote "I am a Ref not a coach" was a classic

Eddie Jones ought to be ashamed - England came through in the end and he doesn't have the good grace to accept the Italians had them on the ropes for a while.

10-12 years ago the Italians decided not to contest mauls, which meant they weren't actually mauls and could be brought down without penalty - everybody was screaming about that too.

Weaker teams need to think outside the box to gain an advantage, and if the big teams can't deal with it it's their lookout.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:36 pm
Official forum cat lady

After nearly exactly a year of smoking duty free tobacco I am now down to my last 4 pouches. Was looking at Eurostar tickets & flights this morning thinking where to go. I mentioned to a mate that I'm nearly out and she's off to Bruges next weekend on a tobacco run and now she's getting me 15 pouches #win

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:58 pm
Has a life

Quote:
she's getting me 15 pouches
That is risking a smart reply!!

Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:10 pm
Official forum cat lady

Burn_IT wrote:
Quote:
she's getting me 15 pouches
That is risking a smart reply!!

<blank look>

I guess I'll have to wait for someone smart to read this then :roll: :lol:

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:36 am
Legend

Jack Monroe wins Katie Hopkins libel tweet case - BBC News
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39234079

Hitting old 'I'll say anything for money' in the pocket needs to happen more often.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:56 pm
What's a life?

Site went down, when I tried to post this yesterday...

I finally got the approval to start using Windows 10 on some machines at work - new PCs that come in. Until now, we have been stuck on Windows 7, but it is a PITA to install and patch. And it is getting harder with each passing month. For standard PCs, we have a standard image, patched through to December, and that goes fairly quickly. But if we have a non-standard machine, we have to install it from scratch. That means the Windows 7 SP1 image provided by the manufacturer and then patch through to today. We have WSUS offline for the first rush of updates (through to December 2016, I will make a new version every couple of months). That helps a bit, but it still takes the best part of a day for the updates to be installed - except that there are two stages in the process, where it craps out and you have to install "missing" updates. The current PC is stuck on a single update, I have done half a dozen WU repairs on the PC and it still won't take the update. I'm nearly at the stage, where I'll stick the base image back on the PC and start over. Unfortunately, this is going into a department, where the operational software only supports Windows XP and Windows 7. The software producer (Siemens) is looking to approve Windows 10 sometime time before Windows 7 support stops completely (this is software that craps out and Siemens' answer is to remove anti-virus software from the PCs!).

The other problem with Windows 7 is that you can't buy new hardware, the last generation with any level of support for Windows 7 is Skylake, Kabylake won't be supported at all.

So, as a test, I installed Windows 10 on my PC on Friday afternoon. The installation and downloading of the update took an hour, but after that, it was completely patched and ready to roll. A big difference to the minimum of 1 day to get a new Windows 7 PC up and running. The fresh install of Windows 10 is fast as installing the image on a standard PC and applying the latest patches.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:45 am
Profile ICQ

Just received an email telling I've won one of these:

8-)

Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:08 pm

I assume you did actually enter a competition with that as a prize? :D

Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:39 pm

davrosG5 wrote:
I assume you did actually enter a competition with that as a prize? :D

:lol:

Yes, I did.

Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:22 pm

better paint that wall white and then set up a small cinema

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:40 am
Official forum cat lady

Sorted out the garage last night and most of the living room is now cleared ready for the plasterer and decorator arriving tomorrow. Been putting it off far too long. Lots of shiny new things ordered. Very excited! :D

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:22 am

oceanicitl wrote:
Sorted out the garage last night and most of the living room is now cleared ready for the plasterer and decorator arriving tomorrow. Been putting it off far too long. Lots of shiny new things ordered. Very excited! :D

Shiny Tech things :D or shiny furniture :(

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:44 am
Official forum cat lady

hifidelity2 wrote:
oceanicitl wrote:

Shiny furniture although I will be wall mounting my TV and Sonos sound bar...

The colour scheme is silver, grey and purple :)

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:37 am

oceanicitl wrote:
hifidelity2 wrote:

Shiny furniture although I will be wall mounting my TV and Sonos sound bar...

The colour scheme is silver, grey and purple :)

Similar to ours - SWMBO is the "interior designer"

We used B&Q's answer to Farrell & Balls "Elephants Breath" (and so a fraction of the price) for a feature wall, rest of the walls white with silver and purple accents in the furniture / accessories

Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:01 pm
Official forum cat lady

hifidelity2 wrote:
Similar to ours - SWMBO is the "interior designer"

We used B&Q's answer to Farrell & Balls "Elephants Breath" (and so a fraction of the price) for a feature wall, rest of the walls white with silver and purple accents in the furniture / accessories

I'm actually going 'old skool' and having all the walls the same. I've gone for a 'safari' silver and grey wallpaper. I'll post some pics when it's done. I just hope everything I've chosen goes well together and I haven't just made a massive hideous mistake lol

Just looked up your paint. Very nice. It looks similar to my kitchen & conservatory - used Dulux Egyptian Cotton.

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1759 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110 ... 118  Next