Reply to topic  [ 1759 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 118  Next
Tales of Win Thread 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Spreadie wrote:
Scotland 27 - Ireland 22 :D

The second half fight back from Ireland nearly killed me.

was on the edge of my seat for the last 30 mins or so

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:56 am
Doesn't have much of a life

2 letters waiting for me at home tonight from HMRC, hardly dared to open them as they never bring good news, do they? And, apparently, I have a tax refund of some £532. Whoo hoo!

Let's get that cheque paid in before the swines change their mind. :lol:

* Witty statement goes here *

Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:13 am

A win (eventually)

Managed to get the bank to replay the PPI that SWMBO had back in 2000 - 2002 - a win
Had letter off them saying they had paid the money in :) - looked and nothing there :( Called them and it seems we have to sign a 42 (YES 42 :!: ) page document before we get the money but somehow they sent out the 2nd letter (the one you get after you have signed) first by mistake

Anyway we await the first letter and have been advised that we will get the money in approx. 4 weeks

Grrrr !!

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:07 am

hifidelity2 wrote:
A win (eventually)

Managed to get the bank to replay the PPI that SWMBO had back in 2000 - 2002 - a win
Had letter off them saying they had paid the money in :) - looked and nothing there :( Called them and it seems we have to sign a 42 (YES 42 :!: ) page document before we get the money but somehow they sent out the 2nd letter (the one you get after you have signed) first by mistake

Anyway we await the first letter and have been advised that we will get the money in approx. 4 weeks

Grrrr !!

PPI is paying for my new shed.

I didn't chase them for a claim - the bank sent me a letter, out of the blue, saying I may be entitled to some compensation/refund/whatever. All I had to do was reply and they paid me £2.5K.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:59 pm
What's a life?

Spreadie wrote:

I didn't chase them for a claim - the bank sent me a letter, out of the blue, saying I may be entitled to some compensation/refund/whatever. All I had to do was reply and they paid me £2.5K.

That's a pretty nice shed!

Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:29 pm

Spreadie wrote:
hifidelity2 wrote:
A win (eventually)

Grrrr !!

ours was just the £0.5K

Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:24 am
What's a life?

Client phones up yesterday to say that something I had been nagging him about for a long time, and he had finally agreed to me doing the end of last year is working, and working well. So that’s good.

Now I just need to get him using FaceBook properly. He’s using his personal account for everything - he really needs a page or a group for his club/business activities.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:06 pm

jonbwfc wrote:
Spreadie wrote:

That's a pretty nice shed!

Haha, no, the shed is about £950, but that'll likely go up another £300 or so once I've lined and insulated it.

Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:52 pm
Official forum cat lady

hifidelity2 wrote:
ours was just the £0.5K

Don't you mean £500? lol :roll:

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:09 am

oceanicitl wrote:
hifidelity2 wrote:
ours was just the £0.5K

Don't you mean £500? lol :roll:

Maybe......but putting a K in from makes sound like more :D

Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:50 am
Has a life

OK??

Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:40 pm

Burn_IT wrote:
OK??

better than O (Oh)

:)

Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:46 pm

Scotland 29-13 Wales

Woohoo!

20 unanswered points on the second half!

Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:10 pm
What's a life?

Was a pretty cracking game. Been a good Six Nations so far.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:36 pm

Indeed it has - Very clever of the Italians and the French Refs quote "I am a Ref not a coach" was a classic

Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 1759 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 118  Next