Reply to topic  [ 1759 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118  Next
Tales of Win Thread 
What's a life?

BigRedX wrote:
Still no-one has come up with a an answer for why people who were "born British" don't have to make this pledge.

I can’t find anything about this on the web, apart from a passing mention. It’s assumed that if you were born here, that you are fully signed up to the whole package and you don’t need to go through any ceremony or daily recitation at school.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:24 am
What's a life?

Only Android 7.0, apart from that, it looks fairly standard fair, but the keyboard is a nice touch.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:35 am
Profile ICQ
I haven't seen my friends in so long

It's snowing. That's a win.

Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:10 pm
Doesn't have much of a life

Has anyone had actual proper snow?

Here in Nottingham we had some on Sunday night and some brief flurries on Monday morning but it had all gone by lunchtime.

Again what looked like a heavy fall this morning but its nearly all melted already.

Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:57 pm
Profile WWW

BigRedX wrote:
Has anyone had actual proper snow?

Yes. I did take some half-hearted pictures, but they're not worth sharing.

Living in the Medway Towns, right on top of the North Downs, we were bang in line with the southern stream of the stuff. During the night we got about two centimetres, which has been topped up by passing showers during the day to a healthy 20cm or so.

Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:31 pm
Official forum cat lady

Loads of it in north and central London

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:59 am
Doesn't have much of a life

It's started to settle here in Nottingham, but only because we had a light snowfall yesterday evening which then froze overnight. Today it's been cloudy and overcast so all the subsequent snow which has come in light patches throughout the day has consolidated. At the moment though, it will only take a couple of hours of sunshine and it will all be gone.

However we were planning on seeing friends in Whitby this weekend. Unless conditions "Up North" on the moors improve significantly tomorrow, we'll have to give that a miss.

Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:15 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

Just been offered a grandfather clock for free. Judging by the photos, it should fit down stairs! So at some point, we'll be collecting it.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:08 pm

A free Easter Egg and a pay rise. Not a bad start to Easter :D

Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:22 am
Has a life

Talking of snow.

I was drifting off yesterday 'cause I was flaked out!!

Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:48 am

Works IT system fail meant that I did not get notified of a change in location of a meeting. Its a win as I just went home and worked from there - so was in when a new laptop was delivered and of course "commuted" in company time - so clocked off at 4 o'clock

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:39 am
What's a life?

Managed to revive a cuckoo clock. One of mine had failed - it had just stopped running, and the hands were absolutely jammed. I figured there would be some grit in the mechanism that would be stopping this. So I left it. Clock repairs are costly, and I had just forked out on getting computers repaired/replaced.

Anyway, I was looking at it yesterday, and wondering if there was anything I could do. If I applied more force to the chain that powers the clock mechanish, it would start to work. So, I thought, there must be something that is stopping the mechanism from moving the hands. Hands in clocks are not always fixed firmly to the spindles they are on.

Anyway, so irrational idea crossed my mind that I should check the nut that holds the hands in place. It was very, very tight. When I released it (with a pair of small pliers), the clock started working. I also found that the nut was actually two parts. One to hold the hands in place, and one which is probably cosmetic. Both had slightly different guages, and fitted in a precise way. It seemes that as the hands moved, they were tightening these two and they were acting as a braking mechanism on the hands.

So, after a little thinkng and looking, I believe I have them both back in place as they should be. The clock has been running for well over a day now. So, I’m happy about that.

Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:55 pm
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
Made a suggestion for an engineering improvement on the rig.

Not only did they give me a crisp £50 note for such a good suggestion, but they're actually going to install it after this well has finished.
That almost always never happens. Usually good ideas that cost money go on the back burner.

:D :D :D

Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:35 am
Profile WWW
Official forum cat lady

Started new job last week

Today boss asks me if I want to go to New York for a week in August. I said yes :D #win

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:10 am

oceanicitl wrote:
Started new job last week

Today boss asks me if I want to go to New York for a week in August. I said yes :D #win
Epic win! \•/

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1759 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118  Next