Reply to topic  [ 4020 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266 ... 268  Next
Tales of Fail Thread 
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
Guess which idiot forgot to pack his laptop psu for a week long work trip :oops:

Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:28 pm
Profile WWW
I haven't seen my friends in so long

I managed to pack the worst phone charger in the world last week - it barely managed to fully charge the phone overnight, never mind my tablet - I was relying on a trickle charge from the TV's USB socket to top up my backup battery.

This week I had three chargers in my bag! :)

Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:32 pm

Oh goody, there's been an accident on the A1 that managed to close both lanes between J16 and 17 (that would be Peterborough then).
Getting home tonight is going to be a real joy. :x

Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:36 pm

I'm impressed. HR sent out an e-mail about the shiny new all singing, all dancing HR system that is being rolled out so everyone can manage their HR related gubbins (holidays, contact details, benefits etc) themselves.
Everyone has been issued with a username and password (that you have to change on first login).
Shame they managed to give everyone the wrong instructions about their username. Said it was your full company e-mail address when in fact it was just the bit before the @.
While I was, depressingly, not that surprised they screwed it up it's the sort of thing you'd think they might have double checked before e-mailing everyone in the company in Europe :roll: :lol:

Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:23 am

Letting agents :evil:

I got a text this morning saying that my rent went up last month (I know, I signed the new agreement) but that I'd under-payed by £15 last month and this month so now owed £30.
No, turns out they hadn't read their own system properly and it was an error.
That's the second time they've cocked it up in the last 4 months. Previously they said I hadn't paid my rent at all when in actual fact it was sitting in their bank account (having arrived as per usual when the standing order went out) and they just hadn't noticed.

I'm tempted to start billing them at an exorbitant rate for wasting my time if they keep this up.
Lets see, they charge me £60 to renew my rent contract which involved them changing a number and date on their system and printing out two copies. At most 10 minutes work, so £360/h. Sounds reasonable. Not taking into account of course that they presumably also charge the landlord for their 'services'.

Parasitic scumbags.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:07 am
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
Charge them per letter

Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:38 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

For a few weeks, I've been tempted by the salad bar offerings at Morrisons - they appear nicer and fresher than in Sainsbury's. I haven't used a salad bar for a long time. Today, I succumbed, loaded up and got back to the office. Where I realised I'd forgotten to get a fork. So I used my teaspoon that I keep in my drawer.

Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:21 pm

So, we had an employee survey several months ago. This was anonymous (or meant to be anyway).
The results have come back and several areas where there was room for improvement were identified.

One of the sections that my department identified as needing improvement was the 'My Manager' bit.
Now, my manager scheduled a meeting with their team (there's a grand total of 3 of us) so we could explain to them all the negative scores in that section. First thing, this meeting was scheduled when I was on holiday so it only included 2/3 of the team and even when this was challenged by my colleagues it was overruled and apparently went ahead so now I'm meant to have a one to one with my manager to discuss this.

I don't think the boss understands the concept of massive conflict of interest or indeed anonymity.
This is perhaps one (or a couple) of the reasons for all the negative scores in this section of the survey.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:45 am

davrosG5 wrote:
this meeting was scheduled when I was on holiday so it only included 2/3 of the team and even when this was challenged by my colleagues it was overruled and apparently went ahead so now I'm meant to have a one to one with my manager to discuss this.

Watch your ass - that whole thing just reeks of ill intent.

Are you allowed to record one to one meetings?

Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:56 pm

Spreadie wrote:
davrosG5 wrote:
this meeting was scheduled when I was on holiday so it only included 2/3 of the team and even when this was challenged by my colleagues it was overruled and apparently went ahead so now I'm meant to have a one to one with my manager to discuss this.

Watch your ass - that whole thing just reeks of ill intent.

Are you allowed to record one to one meetings?

No. However I've kicked off to my bosses boss and the one to one thing appears to have been kicked into the long grass so we'll see what happens.

Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:51 am
What's a life?

For the first time in five years, I overslept. I've never done this since I sorted my insomnia out. The only reason I woke up was because my sister came to stay for the weekend and she woke me up. SWMBO had already left for work by 0630. I'm normally out of the house by 0730 (and at least awake by that time on weekends), so being in bed at 0800 on a workday was a complete surprise. Mad rush into work and got in with five minutes to spare.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:36 am
What's a life?

Facebook changed the size of its group images last Thursday. I found that every single one I was a member was scaled massively to fit the new size for some reason. The new size is massive, and is not consistent over devices. So you get even more cropping than the previous size.

Of course, they could have been nice and scaled any existing one to fit the new size, letter boxing if necessary. But, no....

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:18 am
What's a life?

Super Cuts in Germany refused to cut a little boy's hair, because his hair was "African" and his mother should take him to an African hair salon! (The boy was 6 and is a half-cast.

RTL's Breakfast TV asked other hairdressers, whether this is normal. The general reply was, that Asian hair is generally harder and straighter and is harder to form, African hair is generally more curly and European hair is finer and softer, but that every hairdresser should be able to cope with all types.

The woman at Super Cuts hid in a back room, when the TV crew turned up and the company issued a statement, that everybody in the industry knows that African hair is different and not every hairdresser can cope with it!

:roll:

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:38 am
Profile ICQ
What's a life?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42251481
Basically Quorn sausages are sold with a tag stating 12* sausages. There are are only 3 sausages in the pack. The asterisk states you get 12 mini sausages when you cut each sausage into four pieces!

Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:31 pm
What's a life?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-42255427

Patient had an appointment with his GP. He didn't want to wait, got drunk (apparently) and then threatened to bomb the place unless he was seen earlier. IMO should not have been a suspended sentence but imprisoned for his stupidity.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 4020 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266 ... 268  Next