Reply to topic  [ 4020 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 268  Next
Tales of Fail Thread 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

phantombudgie wrote:
I voted Lib Dem.

That isn't a fail, it's a betrayal.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:34 am
What's a life?

Spreadie wrote:
phantombudgie wrote:
I voted Lib Dem.

That isn't a fail, it's a betrayal.

Don't follow how that's a fail. Or am I missing the point, that somehow political views are about being on the 'winning' team? :?

Anyway - my fail for the day:
Dropped the car off at the garage for a handbrake tweak and an MOT retest at 8am.
'I don't know why they told you that, the mechanic who's doing it isn't here until 9am.'

Charlie Brooker wrote:
Windows works for me. But I'd never recommend it to anybody else, ever.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:40 am

ProfessorF wrote:
Don't follow how that's a fail. O

Nor me. If more people had actually voted LD, rather than plump for the same-old-same-old, things might have turned out very differently.

As it is, it's the best of a bad job. I've been willing to let the coalition some slack to see if they can actually make a real difference. The jury's still out, but it's still early days, to be honest.

Back OT, my life has been so full of fail this past year or so, I don't know where to begin. So I won't. :(

Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:56 am

big_D wrote:
JJW009 wrote:
Amex used to be one of my customers. I programmed their IVR :oops:

I should point out, that was nearly 20 years ago and I really hope they're not using the same 286 server :lol:

Most of the banks here are still migrating away from OS/2! :lol:

I was part of a team in HSBC that started the migration in the UK away form OS/2

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:07 am
Legend

A plethora of fail. Better mark as NSFW just in case.

http://www.maxim.com/humor/stupid-fun/9 ... ideos.html

"You are gifted. Mine is bordering on seven seconds."

https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTg5MzczNTk

http://astore.amazon.co.uk/wwwx404couk-21

Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:57 pm

Noticed this last night, My iTunes now says I have 5 computers linked to my account. Which isnt too bad since there is only my Desktop and Laptop. :roll:

Amnesia10 wrote:
Yes but the opportunity to legally kill someone with a giant dildo does not happen every day.

Finally joined Flickr

Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:35 pm
What's a life?

bobbdobbs wrote:
Noticed this last night, My iTunes now says I have 5 computers linked to my account. Which isnt too bad since there is only my Desktop and Laptop. :roll:

If you forget to deauth iTunes before you do an OS re-install, when you install iTunes after the reinstall it takes it as another activation.
IIRC there's somewhere in the iTunes account setting where you can effectively 'deauth all computers' then reauth the one you've got to get your free slots back.

Jon

Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:48 pm

jonbwfc wrote:
bobbdobbs wrote:

If you forget to deauth iTunes before you do an OS re-install, when you install iTunes after the reinstall it takes it as another activation.
IIRC there's somewhere in the iTunes account setting where you can effectively 'deauth all computers' then reauth the one you've got to get your free slots back.

Jon

Why would I do an OS re-install just to upgrade iTunes? Thats drastic!! I could understand for ME but not W7 :lol:
dialog box pops up saying there is a new version. Press ok, download and install.
carry on.. thats what i expect. In the words of the Meerkats.. simples.
Looks like I'll deauth the other "activations" tonight.

Amnesia10 wrote:
Yes but the opportunity to legally kill someone with a giant dildo does not happen every day.

Finally joined Flickr

Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:53 pm
What's a life?

Went to have the new discs and brake pads put on the car.
Went in at midday, with ideas of meeting my sister for lunch shortly after 1pm.
Except... the split pins the garage needed to stop my wheels falling off were locked in a very secure toolbox, the owner of which was on holiday.
So I've waited 4 hours for some to be driven from their supplier in Exeter(!).

AMS Tyres? FAIL.

Not going back to you to have the other work done that I've got in mind.

Charlie Brooker wrote:

Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:52 pm
Legend

The blokes I saw yesterday in Belfast city centre who were wearing the same style of skinny jeans and long skinny t-shirts as the girls who were about... And I can't decide if that was worse than the 'whiggers' :oops:

Do women even find the skinny jeans thing attractive in men? I can't help thinking those lads haven't got much downstairs :lol:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:14 pm
Legend

Oh, yes... Talking to my mate on Bluetooth via the PS3 when he shows me a pic of his missus with enormous streaks of bright pink dye through her hair. I immediately laughed and said 'I take it it washes out quickly?' as she's never done anything like that before.

Turns out she's kept it like that :oops:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Last edited by pcernie on Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:17 pm
Legend

Just discovered that one of my kids was doing a school photo project in Ealing when was stopped by the police and had his camera taken by the police because of Anti Terrorism laws. They wanted to see the pictures, but as this was a school camera it was an 35mm film, kept going on about seeing the pictures, was told that they needed to be developed and so they confiscated the camera. Not heard what the outcome was for his school project. The school got the camera back minus the film.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:25 pm

Amnesia10 wrote:
Just discovered that one of my kids was doing a school photo project in Ealing when was stopped by the police and had his camera taken by the police because of Anti Terrorism laws. They wanted to see the pictures, but as this was a school camera it was an 35mm film, kept going on about seeing the pictures, was told that they needed to be developed and so they confiscated the camera. Not heard what the outcome was for his school project. The school got the camera back minus the film.

Don't they need a warrant to do that?

When you're feeling too silly for x404, youRwired.net

Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

From my handy-dandy guide:

There is no restriction on people taking photographs in public places or of any building other than in very exceptional circumstances.
    There is no prohibition on photographing frontline uniform staff
    The act of taking a photograph in itself is not usually sufficient to carry out a stop
    Unless there is a very good reason, people taking photographs should not be stopped
    Officers do not have the power to delete digital images, destroy film or to prevent photography in a public place under either power (sections 43 and 44 of the Terrorism Act 2000).

Charlie Brooker wrote:

Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:38 pm
Legend

JJW009 wrote:
Amnesia10 wrote:

Don't they need a warrant to do that?

But have you heard of schools telling their students the rights of photographers?

Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4020 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 268  Next