Reply to topic  [ 4020 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 258, 259, 260, 261, 262, 263, 264 ... 268  Next
Tales of Fail Thread 
What's a life?

davrosG5 wrote:
That is indeed pretty poor. I assume they're putting it right though.

Yes, I made it quite clear what their obligations were :D. Unfortunately that does however mean I will be without my car tomorrow while they replace the windscreen, although they are providing a courtesy car. we'll see how it goes.

Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:15 pm
What's a life?

Bury council announces it's going to close a library, then asks people what they think should be done with the building.

This goes about as well as you might expect it to.

Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:18 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

:lol: :lol: eejits

Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:35 pm
What's a life?

jonbwfc wrote:
MY local car dealership. Took my car in for some work, when they handed it back to me it had a 2 foot long crack in the windscreen. Not so much that the damage was done, I mean accidents happen, more than nobody at all in the place noticed it before they gave me the keys back, despite it being right in the driver's eyeline.

The local Toyota dealer here is like a drunken surgeon. I am gradually improving my toolbox, because they seem to regularly forget tools under the bonnet. On the way home, something rattles under the bonnet... So far a pair of pliers and a ratchet spanner with 13mm bit.

As to old hard drives, yes, we take a drill to them at work. That's what apprentices are for! :D

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:37 am
Profile ICQ

Got a letter from the letting agent - they want to put my rent up by over 6.5% this year. I can confidently say my pay hasn't gone up by that much.
Time to make a lower counter offer.

In other news, there is a pneumatic digger going off on the other side of the wall in my office (the building next door is being demolished). I'm in for a restful day at work :x

Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:54 am
Officially Mrs saspro

davrosG5 wrote:
Got a letter from the letting agent - they want to put my rent up by over 6.5% this year. I can confidently say my pay hasn't gone up by that much.
Time to make a lower counter offer.

In other news, there is a pneumatic digger going off on the other side of the wall in my office (the building next door is being demolished). I'm in for a restful day at work :x

Check rents in your area, something tells me they probably haven't gone up. You can say no.

Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:56 pm
Profile WWW

davrosG5 wrote:
Got a letter from the letting agent - they want to put my rent up by over 6.5% this year.
Check the contract you originally signed, because ours has it stated that for the duration of the contract the landlord can't increase our rent.

Mark

Well you obviously. You're a one man vortex of despair.

Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:49 pm
Profile WWW

I'm coming to the end of my fixed term agreement - I normally renew for a year so they can't raise the rent for a year.
I have checked local rents and even at the level they're suggesting it's quite a bit below the market (I've lived here for 9 years so I've been quite successful in keeping my rent down).

I will be going back with a lower suggestion - I'm a reliable long term tennant which has to count for something.

Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:20 pm

Biggish document to scan to pdf. The printer in the building I work in can do this but it's not as good as one of the big Xerox MFP jobs in some of the other buildings round site (what, the £7k+ thing does the job better than the £200 one? Colour me shocked).
Anywho, I take my document over to a building last thing yesterday as I needed to do something else over there anyway. Scan my document (the printer e-mails the pdf to you). Do my other thing then go back to the office... where I discover I forgot to set the scanner to double sided :oops:
Better luck next time :x

Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:58 am
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
Doh!

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:29 am
Profile WWW
Legend

davrosG5 wrote:
Biggish document to scan to pdf. The printer in the building I work in can do this but it's not as good as one of the big Xerox MFP jobs in some of the other buildings round site (what, the £7k+ thing does the job better than the £200 one? Colour me shocked).
Anywho, I take my document over to a building last thing yesterday as I needed to do something else over there anyway. Scan my document (the printer e-mails the pdf to you). Do my other thing then go back to the office... where I discover I forgot to set the scanner to double sided :oops:
Better luck next time :x

In my workplace the favourite is for the MFP to eventually take in all 200 pages then NOT email it to you.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:58 am

Toilet leaking for around the joint in the waste pipe - SWMBO pointed it out last night so managed to "squidge" it around a bit so it only drips when its being used - and now something under the joint to collect the drips but will need to take it apart to fit a new seal - just need to check with a mate who is a plumber if I need to do anything else

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:59 am

hifidelity2 wrote:
Toilet leaking for around the joint in the waste pipe - SWMBO pointed it out last night so managed to "squidge" it around a bit so it only drips when its being used - and now something under the joint to collect the drips but will need to take it apart to fit a new seal - just need to check with a mate who is a plumber if I need to do anything else

I hope it goes better than my recent toilet fixing experience. The first problem resulted in a second and fixing that resulted in a third - there was much travelling back and forth to B&Q to get bits.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:20 pm
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
That's exactly why I always get a plumber in.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:40 pm
Profile WWW

Just fit a new seal and finish it off with densotape. Sod coughing up for a plumber.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4020 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 258, 259, 260, 261, 262, 263, 264 ... 268  Next