Reply to topic  [ 4020 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 255, 256, 257, 258, 259, 260, 261 ... 268  Next
Tales of Fail Thread 
Officially Mrs saspro

Asos clothes quality is a bit [LIFTED]. Trousers that I'm wearing at work have a 3" split along seam! Quality is ok for £10 in sales but a lot of the clothes seem to be primark quality or lower

Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:03 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

jonbwfc wrote:
big_D wrote:
But I find it interesting that my iMac (stuck on Lion), tells me that the drive can't be mounted and that it can't be repaired, whilst the latest MacBook Pro goes tits-up.

Apple rewrote Disk Utility for El Capitan (IIRC). Many, many complaints ensued. Wouldn't actually surprise me that much if there were bits of it that were a bit broken.

There’s a problem with mounting encrypted drives which started in El Cap and has worsened in Sierra. In El Cap, it was an annoyance, but you can work with it. In Sierra, it’s more annoying:

1 - Plug in an encrypted drive. Type in password when prompted

2 - Unmount the drive (drag to wastebasket), but do no unplug

3 - Start DiskUtility and locate the uncounted drive. Click the Mount Button

4 - You’ll be prompted for the password. Type it in

5 >> The disc will not mount.

6 - Click the Mount button again

7 >> A weird thing happens - the password window flickers into view and out again. The disc does not mount.

To mount the disk, you have to quit Disk Utility and restart it.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:42 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Ouch!

I'm trying to decide whether I need to go back to the dentist. He took an impression for a crown earlier in the week and there was quite a lot of digging about removing the previous filling.
It still hurts! But I can't decide if it's just bruising or it's more serious. In the mean time there's going to be a tiny uptick in global pain killer consumption :?
If it hasn't markedly improved over the weekend I'll be going back ASAP next week.

Teeth - great when they are behaving themselves, sheer agony when they aren't.

Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:55 am
Legend

davrosG5 wrote:
Ouch!

I'm trying to decide whether I need to go back to the dentist. He took an impression for a crown earlier in the week and there was quite a lot of digging about removing the previous filling.
It still hurts! But I can't decide if it's just bruising or it's more serious. In the mean time there's going to be a tiny uptick in global pain killer consumption :?
If it hasn't markedly improved over the weekend I'll be going back ASAP next week.

I can totally sympathise - was chewing ibuprofen a lot recently (Tesco's own, but great).

Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:18 am
Official forum cat lady

davrosG5 wrote:
Ouch!

Maybe your age so takes longer to heal (not sure how old you are lol)? Mine hurt for about a week after having them cleaned recently.

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:52 am
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
Got this email this morning.
Quote:
Dear Andrew
Please be advised that resultant of your continued instances of absence that your Contract of Employment with (name deleted) has been terminated with immediate effect.
We wish you all the best for the future.

Feckin idiots. I sent in a resignation letter last week for my one week's notice.
At least they aknowledged their idiocy.
Quote:
Hi again Andrew.
I would be most grateful if you could forward me your resignation e-mail, and response from (name deleted), in order that I can escalate internally to ensure that this does not happen again.
It is fair to say that this portrays us as unprofessional, and borderline incompetent, something which I am keen to dispel.

There's no way they're dispelling that as a myth. Everyone who works for them knows how useless they are.

Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:41 am
Profile WWW
Has a life

What company is that??

Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:59 pm
Official forum cat lady

l3v1ck wrote:
Got this email this morning.
Quote:
Dear Andrew
Please be advised that resultant of your continued instances of absence that your Contract of Employment with (name deleted) has been terminated with immediate effect.
We wish you all the best for the future.

Feckin idiots. I sent in a resignation letter last week for my one week's notice.
At least they aknowledged their idiocy.
Quote:
Hi again Andrew.
I would be most grateful if you could forward me your resignation e-mail, and response from (name deleted), in order that I can escalate internally to ensure that this does not happen again.
It is fair to say that this portrays us as unprofessional, and borderline incompetent, something which I am keen to dispel.

There's no way they're dispelling that as a myth. Everyone who works for them knows how useless they are.

Wow that is bad. But hey at least their food is good lol

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:53 am
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
Yeah. They did the same thing last summer too. Once is an accident, twice is a habit.
They're a useless agency.

Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:09 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

Struggling to get used to cast iron pan. Originally bought for pizza but now we've tried pancakes, and I tried eggs today. Just sticks to the pan. I did try seasoning it last night. There's a couple of small "non stick" areas where the eggs didn't stick. Otherwise there's food stuck to the surface.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:46 pm

cloaked_wolf wrote:
Struggling to get used to cast iron pan. Originally bought for pizza but now we've tried pancakes, and I tried eggs today. Just sticks to the pan. I did try seasoning it last night. There's a couple of small "non stick" areas where the eggs didn't stick. Otherwise there's food stuck to the surface.

I've not tried eggs in mine but pancakes/pizzas don't stick. It is well seasoned by now and I do lightly brush it with oil before cooking.

How are you seasoning it? I think (IIRC as it was a while ago now) after cooking and wiping clean I rubbed a very thin layer of oil on the pan, heated it to crazy hot/smoking then let it cool. As it cooled I wiped another very thin layer of oil over the surface a with paper towel (so there are no pools of oil) and stored it until next time. And repeat.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:03 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

I've read online and watched youtube videos.

My first attempt at seasoning was to wash it (with fairy liquid and sponge), dry it with kitchen towels, coat in oil (we use rapeseed), stick into a cold oven (upside down) and heat up. Once heated up, turn off and let cool. Final coat of oil before storing it away.

My second attempt yesterday was to do the above but leave it for an hour in the oven. I tried to do halloumi which came out better than in a frying pan but still meant there were burnt bits stuck to the pan. I then cleaned as best as I could, added a layer of oil, wiped off and heated on low heat on gas until it started smoking. Let it cool, coat of oil again.

Used today at lunch time. Eggs were great. Cooked almost instantly despite being on low heat. I tried to flip them over but the majority of it appeared fused to the cooking surface.

I know I'm doing something wrong but not sure what.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:21 pm
Officially Mrs saspro

cloaked_wolf wrote:
I've read online and watched youtube videos.

My first attempt at seasoning was to wash it (with fairy liquid and sponge), dry it with kitchen towels, coat in oil (we use rapeseed), stick into a cold oven (upside down) and heat up. Once heated up, turn off and let cool. Final coat of oil before storing it away.

My second attempt yesterday was to do the above but leave it for an hour in the oven. I tried to do halloumi which came out better than in a frying pan but still meant there were burnt bits stuck to the pan. I then cleaned as best as I could, added a layer of oil, wiped off and heated on low heat on gas until it started smoking. Let it cool, coat of oil again.

Used today at lunch time. Eggs were great. Cooked almost instantly despite being on low heat. I tried to flip them over but the majority of it appeared fused to the cooking surface.

I know I'm doing something wrong but not sure what.

I'm surprised about that, never had that problem . For the wok, I got it stupidly hot ( blue steel stage) then oil it, keep heating. Cool down and wipe excess.
My mum and grandma swear by boiling milk in pans to make them non-stick

Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:10 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

I'm gonna try re-seasoning a couple of times in a row and hopefully that will help.

Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:26 am

cloaked_wolf wrote:
I'm gonna try re-seasoning a couple of times in a row and hopefully that will help.

I think repetition is the key but also maybe lowering expectations a little as no matter how seasoned the pans gets it will never truly be 'non-stick.'

Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:52 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4020 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 255, 256, 257, 258, 259, 260, 261 ... 268  Next