Reply to topic  [ 4020 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266, 267, 268  Next
Tales of Fail Thread 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

cloaked_wolf wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-42255427

Patient had an appointment with his GP. He didn't want to wait, got drunk (apparently) and then threatened to bomb the place unless he was seen earlier. IMO should not have been a suspended sentence but imprisoned for his stupidity.

Yeah, making a bomb threat should have sent him to prison. It's not like people in a doctors surgery are necessarily going to be in good health so causing a panic there is worse than in a lot of other locations - he could have given some poor sod a heart attack.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:40 am

SO I ordered a couple of new sofa's at the end of November and was given a 3 week delivery date (so some time this week) - ie in time for Christmas.
Hadn't heard anything so phoned up and was told that the delivery time for the sofa's I've ordered is usually 5 weeks (so into the first week of January) and that they didn't know why the shop had told me 3.
Not impressed as the shorter delivery time window swung it from a competitor. Suffice to say I shall be pursuing for compensation.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:22 am

davrosG5 wrote:
SO I ordered a couple of new sofa's at the end of November and was given a 3 week delivery date (so some time this week) - ie in time for Christmas.
Hadn't heard anything so phoned up and was told that the delivery time for the sofa's I've ordered is usually 5 weeks (so into the first week of January) and that they didn't know why the shop had told me 3.
Not impressed as the shorter delivery time window swung it from a competitor. Suffice to say I shall be pursuing for compensation.

The problem is unless you have that in writing they will either deny it flat out or say the "Hoped" to have it in time for Christmas

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:02 pm

hifidelity2 wrote:
davrosG5 wrote:

The problem is unless you have that in writing they will either deny it flat out or say the "Hoped" to have it in time for Christmas

Printed on my Customer Copy of the order. It does say 'Approximate Delivery' but I think it will be hard to argue that 5 weeks is approximately 3 weeks.

Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:19 pm

davrosG5 wrote:
hifidelity2 wrote:
davrosG5 wrote:

Printed on my Customer Copy of the order. It does say 'Approximate Delivery' but I think it will be hard to argue that 5 weeks is approximately 3 weeks.

They will claim that it is 3 working weeks and that Christmas / New Year period is not a working week

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:26 pm

hifidelity2 wrote:
They will claim that it is 3 working weeks and that Christmas / New Year period is not a working week

No, delivery should have been this week, technically last Saturday, which is outside of Christmas week.
In any case, they've already admitted the error and said they will be paying compensation.

Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:15 pm

WIN

Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:01 pm

hifidelity2 wrote:
WIN

I don't have any details on what the compensation is yet so we'll see :?

Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:04 pm
What's a life?

TouchID on my phone has worked well for the last two years. Except today, it doesn't recognise any of my fingerprints. Which means I can't access my banking app to see how much money there is. Nor can I access my Password app that stores my passwords as a back up. Worse, I've forgotten the passwords to a few apps because of the complacency. Very much reminds me of the time I couldn't remember my PIN for one of my cards despite it being the same for years because I hadn't used it for a few months as I'd been using the contactless feature.

Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:28 am

cloaked_wolf wrote:
TouchID on my phone has worked well for the last two years. Except today, it doesn't recognise any of my fingerprints. Which means I can't access my banking app to see how much money there is. Nor can I access my Password app that stores my passwords as a back up. Worse, I've forgotten the passwords to a few apps because of the complacency. Very much reminds me of the time I couldn't remember my PIN for one of my cards despite it being the same for years because I hadn't used it for a few months as I'd been using the contactless feature.

Are you hands cold and/or dry? Might be fine once you've warmed up - wash your hands with warm water and see if that helps.

Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:04 am
What's a life?

Very odd. I removed the phone from its case, cleaned it thoroughly as well as the casing. Still didn't work. Registered a new finger which failed, tried again. Worked. Now Touch ID works with the same fingers it refused to earlier despite not re-scanning them.

ION: I ate three-quarters of a box of fudge just now. I'd eaten the other quarter before Christmas!

Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:29 pm
What's a life?

Oooh! How about a safe? One that‘s portable, so you can put it anywhere, can be unlocked by your phone, and will send you notifications if it‘s tampered with?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/technology ... crack-open

Ah.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:20 pm
What's a life?

Our "local" Wickes had put up some "Important Notice" signs on both doors going in and both doors going out. Four notices on four doors. All four doors are ones that slide open so as you walk up, the door slides open and you can't see the "important notice". Genius.

Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:57 am
What's a life?

I've enjoyed my earphones that i bought a while ago. I used them almost daily, including taking them to work to listen in between surgeries. Everything was fine until about three weeks ago when I couldn't find them. They weren't at home so I assumed they were at work. When i looked, I couldn't find them but assumed I'd put them somewhere and forgotten. Last week, I made a concerted effort to look both at home in the bedroom and my room at work. Nada.

On Saturday, I broke a £20 note and needed to keep the change safe. I automatically reached into my jacket inside pocket and found the earphones! Has no idea the jacket had inside pocket (they're not easy to find or get into!).

On Sunday, I couldn't find them again. Had a look around today and they were hidden under the laptop (I blame swmbo).

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:11 pm

One of the springs on the car failed last night and SWMBO had to get breakdown services to bring the car home. Have to catch the bus into / out of home as cant get it replaced until Friday

Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 4020 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 266, 267, 268  Next