Reply to topic  [ 7547 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 504  Next
What's on your mind right now? 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

ProfessorF wrote:
Get a colleague to fetch you a sammich?

tombolt wrote:
...as I'm on my own in the office

timark_uk wrote:
Edward Armitage is Awesome. Yes, that's right. Awesome with a A.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:30 am
Spends far too much time on here

I think I've come up with a solution, which is to go out of the back door, which has a length of carpet down the corridor. However, I need to crutch it round the building before the bun lady buggers off thinking nobody wants a sandwich today!

A Mac User.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:33 am
Doesn't have much of a life

Pain.

Next week I can look forward to much pain as I'm assessed for this Anklyosing Spondylitis stuff. After the assessment I can look forward to physio (pain), occupational therapy (pain), exercises (pain) and hydrotherapy (wet pain). Let's not forget hospital food (pain).

Boy am I looking forward to those painkillers....... :roll:

Al

Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:35 am

The only thing I can think of at the moment is myriad iPhone app ideas.

If anyone has any please forward them to me. Percentage cut requests are acceptable for paid for apps :D

JJW009 wrote:
The count will go up until they stop counting. That's the way counting works.

Doodle Sub!
Game Of Life

Image Image

Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:39 am
Profile WWW
Doesn't have much of a life

What's on my mind................

The general public. En masse they can be a pain, don't listen, and don't take advice. generally unreasonable in expectaion and demands

Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:48 am

In no particular order...

Best Beloved - I worry about him a lot at the moment, what with health and stuff.
    Composing a monthly email, which requires me to create and generate a PDF before I get stuck into the words bit, neither of which I really want to do.
    Worrying about dwindling personal resources and whether the potential job will pan out.
    Whether the pay will make me happy and let me spend on the things I've had to put off for two or more years now.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:56 am
Official forum cat lady

HeatherKay wrote:
Best Beloved - I worry about him a lot at the moment, what with health and stuff.

Hope he's OK Heather :(

I worry a lot about my Mum and Dad. Mum's on her own but Dad has my step Mum to look after him. He looked really shaky earlier in the year and I thought that might be it but it was the MRSA he picked up in hospital. He's perked up quite a lot since then so it goes to show what the treatment and good organic food diet can do when battling cancer. Mum is in her 70s and has been a smoker all her life so she gets breathless a lot and is on inhalers. She's lucky she's got very good friends in her neighbours so I know there are people close if she needs them.

Work are offering free 'eldercare' so I have signed them all up for it. If they need home help they can have 6 free 6 hour sessions per year which has put my mind at ease somewhat.

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:17 am

How long before my headaches come back (if they do)
How the heck I'm supposed to apply for 2 Vietnam Visas and 4 China Visas in 4 days before people fly.
Whether I'm ever going to get an email from the fleet manager at Pentland that I needed yesterday afternoon.
What's going to happen with the weather at the weekend.
Whether I can find enough padded envelopes to post all the goggles I have to send out today.
Whether I can be bothered to set up all the meetings on my list.
What I'm going to do about the Company Pool Cars now that one of them's reached the end of it's lease.
How I can get flights approved while there's nobody here to actually sign the travel forms.
Whether I should just bite the bullet and take work home this weekend to get it done.
How can I plan for Fire Wardens and First Aiders in our new building when I don't know where anybody's sitting yet.
When am I going to get the list of contractors on site for the new build so I can issue Permits to Work and Risk Assessments.
When am I going to have time to create the aforementioned Permits to Work and Risk Assessments.
When will I get the swimsuits I'm waiting for to send to Museums Sheffield for an exhibition.
Whether I'll be able to get out on my bike this weekend or if I'll have to resort to the cross-trainer.
Why people think I know how to fix or find everything in this place.
Application forms for company credit cards.
Completing a slide for a Board presentation.
Whether I'll have good weather for the week I'm off work to do the mechanics and bodywork on Horace.
Whether it *was* actually an 11mm drill bit I needed to order this morning ('cos that's what I ordered)
How I can get 100% completion rate for the AssessRite and OHSA online testing requirements by the end of this year.
How I'm going to juggle everything that's going on in October.
Can my workload really take the addition of another Vice-President
When are the PTB going to sort out our new work structure so I can figure out when I can do everything I have to do.
When am I going to be able to find the time and money to spend more time with my nephews.

This above all: To Thine Own Self Be True

"Red sky at night, Shepherds Delight"..Which is a bit like Shepherds Pie, but with whipped topping instead of mashed potato.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:17 am

still fascinates me how people spill so much details about themselves to complete strangers on a public website 8-)

Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:33 am

oceanicitl wrote:
Hope he's OK Heather :(

He's sort of okay. We're going through a kind of grieving process now he's officially been registered partially sighted. It's a blow to the system, when you find there's stuff you've done and enjoyed for over 60 years which you simply can't see well enough to do any more. It's taking him a while to adjust, and we're both finding it frustrating.

Anyway, onwards and sideways. We all have different things going on in our lives that worry us to different degrees.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:34 am

brataccas wrote:
still fascinates me how people spill so much details about themselves to complete strangers on a public website 8-)

I know there's lots "out there" about me already, but I'm careful not to mention Best Beloved by name. I'm also pretty careful not to let on exactly where we live.

On the other hand, it's not much worse than holding a conversation about intimate details on public transport or in the pub. :?

Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:36 am

brataccas wrote:

I don't think I'm any less secure or safe because of what I've said online. So people know I work next to the river in Bath (until Saturday) on a building with at least 3 floors. I challenge thee to take me out... (8-p)

timark_uk wrote:
Edward Armitage is Awesome. Yes, that's right. Awesome with a A.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:58 am

HeatherKay wrote:
On the other hand, it's not much worse than holding a conversation about intimate details on public transport or in the pub. :?

True. One of the guys I train with won't use a urinal because you're vulnerable to attack from behind and there's nothing you can do about it if somebody wants to stab you.

As with these conversations on a public forum, depends how far you take things....

Hope Best Beloved improves. You guys should come down here and take a break away from all that Kentish crap. If you want me to sort you something out, lemme know.

What's on my mind? - CAN'T WAIT FOR THE KIDS AND EMMETT PARENTS TO FRO BACK TO WHEREVER THEY CAME FROM!!!! Every other thought is taking a back seat to that atm. Back to school right after the bank holiday. Woohoo!!

Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:01 am
Official forum cat lady

EddArmitage wrote:
brataccas wrote:

I don't think I'm any less secure or safe because of what I've said online. So people know I work next to the river in Bath (until Saturday) on a building with at least 3 floors. I challenge thee to take me out... (8-p)

Some of you are on my bookface anyway and know where I work but not where I live. No one has 'sorted me out' in the 11 years I have been communicating on the internet so think I'm safe enough. Take precautions if you meet anyone in real life.

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:10 am
Official forum cat lady

HeatherKay wrote:
He's sort of okay. We're going through a kind of grieving process now he's officially been registered partially sighted. It's a blow to the system, when you find there's stuff you've done and enjoyed for over 60 years which you simply can't see well enough to do any more. It's taking him a while to adjust, and we're both finding it frustrating.

Anyway, onwards and sideways. We all have different things going on in our lives that worry us to different degrees.

That must be tough. My Mum moans enough about the aches and pains she gets from getting older. Must be really hard to loose some of your vision. Thoughts are with you :)

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 7547 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 504  Next