Reply to topic  [ 7547 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 496, 497, 498, 499, 500, 501, 502 ... 504  Next
What's on your mind right now? 
What's a life?

Apparently, Mercedes have put the keys that go with the Crossfire on “back order” - so a new key will now cost a massive $800. That’s a new key. Not keys. Just one.

Thankfully, I have a spare.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:38 pm
Legend

cloaked_wolf wrote:
Paul1965 wrote:
cloaked_wolf wrote:
Wow they are really pushing hard for this.

They are indeed. But from the trailers it looks just like all the other recent superhero movies so I doubt I'll bother.

Are they doing it because there's an agenda (first marvel female superhero), or because it's related to Endgame.

Captain Marvel barely touched on Endgame, it's slightly maddening!

My general take... It's time to hire good directors and not the latest hot person before stopping them doing what made them hot in the first place.

Black Panther was all over the place and had so much potential. One of the best villains, potentially, since Loki and they screwed it up. Nobody cares about Wakanda immediately, that can be fleshed out usefully later. And social commentary... You need to be subtle and not pad a film out with it!

Captain Marvel simply used ideas and ideals around feminism to promote the film, mostly. It's even a little cackhanded in the movie. But that is far from it's biggest problems. It's just a hodgepodge of ideas from a committee by the feel of it. And even at the end of that it adds almost zero to what we already know about the entire MCU. It doesn't even really set up it's own sequel it's so busy with half-notions.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:55 pm
What's a life?

pcernie wrote:
Black Panther was all over the place and had so much potential. One of the best villains, potentially, since Loki and they screwed it up. Nobody cares about Wakanda immediately, that can be fleshed out usefully later. And social commentary... You need to be subtle and not pad a film out with it!

Yes! It could have been so much better than it was. I'm baffled as to why it won any awards other than for token purposes.

Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:02 am
What's a life?

Chavvy type knocked at the door last night. Thin, with a baggy grey flannel-type tracksuit. Wanted to know if my car was for sale. Said he thought it wasn’t being used. Told him it is used, and it’s not for sale.

He went off in the transit van with a couple of mates in.

Hmm....

Wed May 08, 2019 8:57 am
What's a life?

Is it a desirable car? Some cars are desirable for obvious reasons (flashy, fast, classic etc). Some are desirable for less obvious reasons (I read about a particular peugeot model was wanted because it was easily converted to run on biodiesel or something).

Or they just wanted to see if someone was home before they robbed the place.

Thu May 09, 2019 10:32 am
What's a life?

cloaked_wolf wrote:
Is it a desirable car? Some cars are desirable for obvious reasons (flashy, fast, classic etc). Some are desirable for less obvious reasons (I read about a particular peugeot model was wanted because it was easily converted to run on biodiesel or something).

Or they just wanted to see if someone was home before they robbed the place.

I guess it could be - it’s a Chrysler Crossfire, which was one of the Daimler/Chrysler cars from the mid 2000s. To some, it could be desirable (not many around in the UK). It was seen as response to the Audi TT, but didn’t sell too well here. It seems to be slowly shifting into the “modern classic” bracket.

And, yes, the idea that someone was chancing to rob the house had crossed my mind.

Thu May 09, 2019 11:20 am
What's a life?

The Crossfire was interesting, essentially a Mercedes SLK platform with Chrysler bodywork and (I think) suspension(?).

I still see a few around over here, but most people still bought the Merc.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Thu May 09, 2019 11:26 am
Profile ICQ
What's a life?

big_D wrote:
The Crossfire was interesting, essentially a Mercedes SLK platform with Chrysler bodywork and (I think) suspension(?).

I still see a few around over here, but most people still bought the Merc.

It was a re-engineered SLK 320 - they were re-engineered and built by Karmann. The suspension is very stiff - you can really feel it. The bodywork was designed by an English designer (Eric Stoddard) who went on to re-style the Hyundai Coupe. The car has roots firmly in Europe, despite being an American marque.

The aim was to move the Crossfire to Dodge under a different name, and move production to the Firepower https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_Firepower - that never happened. The Daimler Chrysler deal went bad, and now neither company want to know about cars from that era now.

Thu May 09, 2019 12:12 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Crossfire - a Merc SLK re-modelled to look like a sh!tting dog

Sun May 12, 2019 9:45 pm
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
Yep. Once someone's pointed that out, you can't unsee it.

Mon May 13, 2019 7:26 am
Profile WWW

Still at home, recovering. Feeling slightly better, but the second lot of antibiotics are having some very unpleasant side-effects. Where's the damned poo emoji when you need it? TMI? lol

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
Sorry :roll:
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)

Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:10 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
Side effects suck arse.

Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:35 pm
Profile WWW

l3v1ck wrote:
Side effects suck arse.

Quite literally, it would seem.

Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:27 pm
What's a life?

My wife picks up her new bike today, she has gone for a Lastenrad - a cargo e-bike. She plans to use this instead of her car.

If the experiment works, we'll be selling one of the cars in a couple of months.

Her place of work is around 30KM away.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:55 am
Profile ICQ
Doesn't have much of a life

Finally, after months of begging, pleading and numerous phone calls to hospital, got a date for mum’s operation, which will be over 6 months since her artificial ankle joint broke. Yes, that’s 6 months. With a broken ankle. Pleased she’s got a date but I’m still angry at how she’s been made to suffer all this time!

* Witty statement goes here *

Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7547 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 496, 497, 498, 499, 500, 501, 502 ... 504  Next