Reply to topic  [ 7547 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 486, 487, 488, 489, 490, 491, 492 ... 504  Next
What's on your mind right now? 
Spends far too much time on here

cloaked_wolf wrote:
Blue_Nowhere wrote:
Right - 10 minutes on hold and I can only see a doctor today if it's "medically urgent" - surely if someone has something "medically urgent" they need a hospital?

I asked to book one in advance but I was told that's not possible and to try again with the 8am crowds, wish me luck for tomorrow.

If it can wait a week, it's not urgent. If it can't, tell them it's urgent.

Cheers, I'll try again in the morning and say it is urgent. As an man who knows - would you say that's fair given what I said above about Miss Blue?

Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:13 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

paulzolo wrote:
I wonder if some proactive research into other practices in the area may be prudent.

I'd start looking sooner rather than later TBH. Worse case scenario is that the practice shuts and the patient list is spread amongst other practices locally or allocated to the nearest practice. That/those practices might then struggle with the influx of patients and either collapse themselves (domino effect) or close their list so no new registrations. Which means it'll be harder to find a practice to register with.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:19 pm
Legend

Here in Belfast you never have any trouble getting an appointment, from the doctor or dentist, right up to a burial in three days!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:07 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Our cat died last night - she was over twenty years old and her body finally gave up.

We're all absolutely gutted - especially the kids - shes always been in the their lives, and spent a lot of her time with them.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:03 am
What's a life?

Sorry to hear that. :(

Still, he reached a ripe old age. I remember putting our cat down when she was 16, heart wrenching.

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:07 pm
Profile ICQ

:(
Twenty!? Blimey, that's pretty good even for a cat.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:08 pm
What's a life?

Spreadie wrote:
Our cat died last night - she was over twenty years old and her body finally gave up.

We're all absolutely gutted - especially the kids - shes always been in the their lives, and spent a lot of her time with them.

That’s sad. Twenty is a really good age for a cat, though. Apparently, 14 is the average, so you got a lot of extra time with her.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:03 pm

paulzolo wrote:
That’s sad. Twenty is a really good age for a cat, though. Apparently, 14 is the average, so you got a lot of extra time with her.

I had no idea the average was so low - my parents' previous two cats died at 19 and 22, so I just assumed 20 was normal.

The only one seemingly happy about it is the dog (they did not get on, despite our best efforts), who now has the run of the entire house and not just downstairs.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:12 pm
What's a life?

Location: The Right Side of the Pennines (metaphorically & geographically)
Sorry to hear that.
Twenty is a good age though.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:30 pm
Profile WWW

You’d never guess I hadn’t turned my PC on for a while. There were a few updates to get through:
Windows patch Tuesday for October
nVidia drivers
Creative Cloud
Photoshop CC
Lightroom Classic CC
Civ VI
Endless Space 2
Battle.net
Starcraft Remastered
Starcraft 2

Oh, and my router firmware needed updated as well.

Suffice to say that little lot took a while to get through.

Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:34 pm

I was planning my next trip to the mainland on google maps and happened across my search history, which contained recordings of my voice. Basically, every time I'm in the car and tell google maps on my phone the location I want, it records and uploads that piece of audio to google.

Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:36 pm
What's a life?

Remember the problem neighbour's? When we got home today, there was ambulance outside. Looks like the woman's shouted him into hospital. We don't know what's happened yet - he was taken away alive and conscious - as family are round and it's best not to intrude with them.

The way the shout at each other, it was only a matter of the before one ended up being carted away. She had a stroke a few years back, he seems to have a string of medical complaints as long as your arm.

The neighbours on the other side said that they were just as bad when they had children, so they had in fact quietened down until this summer.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:41 pm

Resources; - aside from CodeAcademy can anybody recommended any free learning platforms?
Particularly looking for SQL but anything would be nice. Preferably don't want to use anything that requires video playback/audio.
Thanks in advance :)

Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:50 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

It isn't cost free and it is video, but I use ITPro.tv, which has a lot of very good courses that prepare you for official ceritifcations.

On the free side for SQL, what sort of SQL? MySQL, Oracle, NoSQL, MS SQL Server, PostrgreSQL? They are all different and include different language features. They also optimize differently, so it is best to learn the one you will be using.

For plain SQL, try w3schools ( https://www.w3schools.com/sql/ )

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:50 pm
Profile ICQ

big_D wrote:
It isn't cost free and it is video, but I use ITPro.tv, which has a lot of very good courses that prepare you for official ceritifcations.

On the free side for SQL, what sort of SQL? MySQL, Oracle, NoSQL, MS SQL Server, PostrgreSQL? They are all different and include different language features. They also optimize differently, so it is best to learn the one you will be using.

For plain SQL, try w3schools ( https://www.w3schools.com/sql/ )

Thanks for that Dave :) - it'll be mostly MS SQL Server / T-SQL and I've worked through W3 schools also, though I still use it for reference.
I think you recommended ITPro last time I asked however haven't taken it up yet purely being that it is video based and in the office that's always a pain (pausing the videos etc).

Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:21 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7547 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 486, 487, 488, 489, 490, 491, 492 ... 504  Next