Reply to topic  [ 1053 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 71  Next
What book(s) are you reading or looking forward to? 
Doesn't have much of a life

Waiting for the next Gibson "stealing light" book, and Hamilton "dreaming void" one.

Considering revisiting and continuing the "wheel of time" books, the author (Robert Jordan/James Rigney) did seem to lose it with these books, but the series was taken over using his notes (he died), and has improved again I am told

Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:12 am
Spends far too much time on here

mikepgood wrote:
Waiting for the next Gibson "stealing light" book, and Hamilton "dreaming void" one.

Considering revisiting and continuing the "wheel of time" books, the author (Robert Jordan/James Rigney) did seem to lose it with these books, but the series was taken over using his notes (he died), and has improved again I am told

I've read to Book 10. It lost it's way around Books 5-7 but was back on track again by Book 8. I really enjoyed it from then.
I'm re-reading the David Eddings Books, starting with Belgarath the Sorceror and reading through the Belgariad and the Mallorean. I have all the books now and am enjoying the story immensely. I'm waiting for the next Patrick Rothfuss book (first was "The Name of the Wind") it keeps getting delayed so I'm getting ancy, it's been over a year since the first one. I hope the 3rd doesn't take this long!!

This above all: To Thine Own Self Be True

"Red sky at night, Shepherds Delight"..Which is a bit like Shepherds Pie, but with whipped topping instead of mashed potato.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:28 am
What's a life?

big_D wrote:
Agent ZigZag

It's a great read. I hope you enjoy it, I did.

Charlie Brooker wrote:
Windows works for me. But I'd never recommend it to anybody else, ever.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:18 pm

Hamilton "dreaming void"

being awaited

Gaming's Elder Statesman & Evil Consultant

Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:48 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Just reading Ring by Koji Suzuki, then I'll start on the Stieg Larsson trilogy. I'm also reading the Death Note manga. It's much more involved than the film/anime and the art is very good.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:03 pm

Tsar wrote:
Hamilton "dreaming void"

being awaited

Same here........

><(((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(((º>
•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(((º>

If one is diving so close to the limits that +/- 1% will make a difference then the error has already been made.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:08 pm
Occasionally has a life

Just finished Sourcery by T.Pratchett.

Started The Night Watch by Sergie Lukyanenko, which is enjoyable so far (page 117 of 531).

Have The Summoner by Gail Z. Martin to follow.

Haven't read anything by the last 2 before so looking forward to reading these.

yours wecrookie :shock:

Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:00 pm
What's a life?

Reading Tödes Bräute from Karen Rose (not sure on the English name, I think "Scream for Me")
Still on the last of the Stieg Larsson Millenium Series - Absolution.

Also have Operation Mincemeat by Ben Macintyre on the go - the true story of the dead body out into the sea off Spain as a decoy for the Scicily landings. Will be getting Agent Zig Zag after that.

Also a Jack Reach on the go

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246

Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:17 am
Profile ICQ

Currently reading "The Other Side of The Hill" by B H Liddell Hart.

It's a book published just after the Second World War, "German's generals, their rise and fall, with their own account of military events 1939-1945".

It's a bit dry, but for an amateur historian of the period like me, it has some fascinating insights into the rise of Hitler through to the fall of France in 1940. I probably won't bother reading beyond that period, as it doesn't interest me as much.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:12 am
Official forum cat lady

Paul1965 wrote:
Just reading Ring by Koji Suzuki, then I'll start on the Stieg Larsson trilogy. I'm also reading the Death Note manga. It's much more involved than the film/anime and the art is very good.

Let me know what you think of them. Just finished the first and about to start the 2nd.

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:18 am

Currently reading The Grand Design - Stephen Hawking. Really interesting book so far. Easier to read than A Brief History of Time though.

Looking forward to reading Confessions of a Conjuror - Derren Brown. It's not out until the 21st though.

Will prob read either Die trying - Lee Child or Stephen Fry's new book before then.

JJW009 wrote:
The count will go up until they stop counting. That's the way counting works.

Doodle Sub!
Game Of Life

Image Image

Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:02 am
Profile WWW
Official forum cat lady

Fogmeister wrote:
Currently reading The Grand Design - Stephen Hawking. Really interesting book so far. Easier to read than A Brief History of Time though.

Looking forward to reading Confessions of a Conjuror - Derren Brown. It's not out until the 21st though.

Will prob read either Die trying - Lee Child or Stephen Fry's new book before then.

Lee Child is ace! Reacher is one of my favourite characters. I'm re-reading the Killing Floor at the mo. He manages to kill someone in jail with a kick to the throat which broke the voicebox. He also pops out another guys eyes. Where are the films is what I want to know!

jonbwfc wrote:
Caz is correct though

Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:20 pm

oceanicitl wrote:
Fogmeister wrote:

Lee Child is ace! Reacher is one of my favourite characters. I'm re-reading the Killing Floor at the mo. He manages to kill someone in jail with a kick to the throat which broke the voicebox. He also pops out another guys eyes. Where are the films is what I want to know!

The last book I read was Gone Tomorrow and I loved it! (Although I think that is the latest Jack Reacher book).

I'm now going back and reading from the start :D

Gone Tomorrow was awesome! None stop action from start to finish. Brilliant!

JJW009 wrote:
The count will go up until they stop counting. That's the way counting works.

Doodle Sub!
Game Of Life

Image Image

Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:58 pm
Profile WWW

Tsar wrote:
Hamilton "dreaming void"

being awaited

Being read

Gaming's Elder Statesman & Evil Consultant

Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:21 pm
Occasionally has a life

oceanicitl wrote:
Fogmeister wrote:

+1 one the movies, but who would play Reacher....

A Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched with sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching

Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1053 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 71  Next