Reply to topic  [ 510 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
Brexit Britain 
Author Message
What's a life?
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:27 pm
Posts: 11839
Reply with quote
And, for what it’s worth, the House of Lords have their own assessment of what a “no deal” option would be like. It’s not pretty.

Image
https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/l ... -190127789

OK, so where are the reports, the analyses, the overwhelming evidence that Brexit will be good? I’m not asking for blind hope; the religious fervour of the Brexitears. I’d like to see real, proper, citable, reviewed, academic research. I suspect that there is none, or the Brexit-supporting press would be quoting every single day instead of the dog-whistle nonsense they currently are.

_________________
All the best,
Paul
brataccas wrote:
your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation


Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:33 am
Profile
Spends far too much time on here

Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:44 pm
Posts: 2890
Reply with quote
so the scaremongering continues post referendum. when we leave without any deal. the sky will not fall, again. the world will not stop turning, again. we will not sail over the edge of the flat earth, again.

will there be obstacles, yes. will there be change, yes. will there be challenges, yes. will things be volatile for a while, yes.
all these are known factors none of which are insurmountable but rest assured we are not going to lay down and die just yet ...

and just to add.
those that are deadly serious about their position, brexit therefore, see no need to exaggerate it. Hyperbole is the currency of bluffers and despots ...

_________________
Hope this helps . . . Steve ...

Nothing known travels faster than the speed of light, except bad news ...
Dell Inspiron 3252. Intel N3700 CPU-GPU. 8GB RAM. 1TB HDD. Win 10 Home ...


Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:44 am
Profile
What's a life?
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:27 pm
Posts: 11839
Reply with quote
MrStevenRogers wrote:
so the scaremongering continues post referendum. when we leave without any deal. the sky will not fall, again. the world will not stop turning, again. we will not sail over the edge of the flat earth, again.

will there be obstacles, yes. will there be change, yes. will there be challenges, yes. will things be volatile for a while, yes.
all these are known factors none of which are insurmountable but rest assured we are not going to lay down and die just yet ...


Blind optimism. No evidence offered for these claims. There clearly is none.

Brexit is more like a religion or a conspiracy theory more than anything else, clearly not evidence-led. The idea that any evidence to a contrary view is immediately turned into “well, they would say that, wouldn’t they" just demonstrates the unstable ground onto which it’s all been placed.

David Davis’ fictional impact reports could have contained information that would support the Brexit plan just as much as it could present evidence that it would be problematic. He didn’t do them.

And we’re being led down this path by this government, cheered on by those sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting “la la la ... everything will be fine ... la la la”.

No, this has to stop. It’s gone on long enough.

_________________
All the best,
Paul
brataccas wrote:
your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation


Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:51 am
Profile
Spends far too much time on here

Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:44 pm
Posts: 2890
Reply with quote
paulzolo wrote:
MrStevenRogers wrote:
so the scaremongering continues post referendum. when we leave without any deal. the sky will not fall, again. the world will not stop turning, again. we will not sail over the edge of the flat earth, again.

will there be obstacles, yes. will there be change, yes. will there be challenges, yes. will things be volatile for a while, yes.
all these are known factors none of which are insurmountable but rest assured we are not going to lay down and die just yet ...

and just to add.
those that are deadly serious about their position, brexit therefore, see no need to exaggerate it. Hyperbole is the currency of bluffers and despots ...


Blind optimism. No evidence offered for these claims. There clearly is none.

Brexit is more like a religion or a conspiracy theory more than anything else, clearly not evidence-led. The idea that any evidence to a contrary view is immediately turned into “well, they would say that, wouldn’t they" just demonstrates the unstable ground onto which it’s all been placed.

David Davis’ fictional impact reports could have contained information that would support the Brexit plan just as much as it could present evidence that it would be problematic. He didn’t do them.

And we’re being led down this path by this government, cheered on by those sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting “la la la ... everything will be fine ... la la la”.

No, this has to stop. It’s gone on long enough.


i will just point you to every country outside of the EU which trade with the EU under imposed WTO by the EU ...

ps. quote edited by me ...

_________________
Hope this helps . . . Steve ...

Nothing known travels faster than the speed of light, except bad news ...
Dell Inspiron 3252. Intel N3700 CPU-GPU. 8GB RAM. 1TB HDD. Win 10 Home ...


Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:58 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:53 pm
Posts: 8545
Location: location, location
Reply with quote
MrStevenRogers wrote:


i will just point you to every country outside of the EU which trade with the EU under imposed WTO by the EU ...

ps. quote edited by me ...


Ah, the economic powerhouses of:
Holy See
Mauritania
Monaco
Montenegro
Palau
Timor-Leste
Sao Tome and Principe
Serbia
Somalia
South Sudan
Sudan
Western Sahara

_________________
Support X404, visit our Amazon store
Get your X404 tat here
jonlumb wrote:
I've only ever done it with a chicken so far, but if required I wouldn't have any problems doing it with other animals at all.


Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:38 pm
Profile WWW
Spends far too much time on here

Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:44 pm
Posts: 2890
Reply with quote
saspro wrote:
MrStevenRogers wrote:


i will just point you to every country outside of the EU which trade with the EU under imposed WTO by the EU ...

ps. quote edited by me ...


Ah, the economic powerhouses of:
Holy See
Mauritania
Monaco
Montenegro
Palau
Timor-Leste
Sao Tome and Principe
Serbia
Somalia
South Sudan
Sudan
Western Sahara


and each one only exports to the EU under EU imposed WTO plus many others.

difference ... we import more from the EU then we export which under WTO we would be in credit of about £135 million per year as it stands now. not withstanding other benefits ie 13.9 billion in payments.

stop UK exports that are transferred to the EU for export outside of the EU, but, which go through EU ports (about 60+ %) and export directly to these countries we would have a credit of about £350 million per year with the EU under WTO. plus other benefits such as rebuilding and employment at these ports for export from the UK.

as stated the EU would be paying us to trade.

i am glad you posted so the differences in trade could be discussed, but am disappointed that you used the lowest common denominators ...

ps. am i now on a 24 hour or 24 day ban (smile) ...

_________________
Hope this helps . . . Steve ...

Nothing known travels faster than the speed of light, except bad news ...
Dell Inspiron 3252. Intel N3700 CPU-GPU. 8GB RAM. 1TB HDD. Win 10 Home ...


Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:19 pm
Profile
What's a life?
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:27 pm
Posts: 11839
Reply with quote
Some deal about the island of Ireland has been arrived at. No hard border, which is interesting as there’s your vector in and out of the EU.

Quote:
Prime Minister Theresa May has struck a last minute deal with the EU to move Brexit talks on to the next phase.

There will be no "hard border" in Ireland and EU citizens in the UK, and UK citizens in the EU, will see their rights protected.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42277040

I doubt the DUP is as happy as it appears to be with this. I wonder what they were offered to OK this one.
Quote:
Northern Ireland's Democratic Unionist Party, whose opposition on Monday led to talks breaking down, said there was still "more work to be done" and how it votes on the final deal "will depend on its contents". Mrs May depends on the party's support to win key votes in Westminster.


Though:
Quote:
The joint report states: "the UK will maintain full alignment with those rules of the Internal Market and the Customs Union which, now or in the future, support North-South cooperation, the all island economy and the protection of the 1998 Agreement."

Does this mean we’ll be following EU rules but without any say in how they are made? Hmm..........

So we’re on to Phase 2 now, with no clear picture in Government of what a post EU UK will look like.

_________________
All the best,
Paul
brataccas wrote:
your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation


Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:21 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:53 pm
Posts: 8545
Location: location, location
Reply with quote
MrStevenRogers wrote:

ps. am i now on a 24 hour or 24 day ban (smile) ...


Unfortunately I can't ban you for being wrong or a blinkered tw*t .

I can laugh though when you're out of a job, your pension is wiped out (& there's no state pension) and there's no money for benefits though ;)

_________________
Support X404, visit our Amazon store
Get your X404 tat here
jonlumb wrote:
I've only ever done it with a chicken so far, but if required I wouldn't have any problems doing it with other animals at all.


Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:43 am
Profile WWW
Spends far too much time on here
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:03 pm
Posts: 4770
Location: London
Reply with quote
saspro wrote:
MrStevenRogers wrote:

ps. am i now on a 24 hour or 24 day ban (smile) ...


I can laugh though when you're out of a job, your pension is wiped out (& there's no state pension) and there's no money for benefits though ;)


Unfortunately if that happens it will be all of us "laughing" as we huddle around a burning oil drum for warmth

_________________
John_Vella wrote:
OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.


Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:05 pm
Profile
What's a life?
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:25 pm
Posts: 10295
Location: Bramsche
Reply with quote
UK citizens in EU have their rights protected, I will be interested to see what that means... Do I retain my right to work in the EU?

_________________
"Do you know what this is? Hmm? No, I can see you do not. You have that vacant look in your eyes, which says hold my head to your ear, you will hear the sea!" - Londo Molari

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246


Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:33 pm
Profile ICQ
I haven't seen my friends in so long
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:06 pm
Posts: 6252
Location: IoW
Reply with quote
hifidelity2 wrote:
saspro wrote:
MrStevenRogers wrote:

ps. am i now on a 24 hour or 24 day ban (smile) ...


I can laugh though when you're out of a job, your pension is wiped out (& there's no state pension) and there's no money for benefits though ;)


Unfortunately if that happens it will be all of us "laughing" as we huddle around a burning oil drum for warmth

If it comes to that, we'll be burning the leave voters.

_________________
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!


Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:44 pm
Profile
Spends far too much time on here

Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:44 pm
Posts: 2890
Reply with quote
so the second phase is about to start, let the games commence ...

_________________
Hope this helps . . . Steve ...

Nothing known travels faster than the speed of light, except bad news ...
Dell Inspiron 3252. Intel N3700 CPU-GPU. 8GB RAM. 1TB HDD. Win 10 Home ...


Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:24 pm
Profile
What's a life?
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:27 pm
Posts: 11839
Reply with quote
MrStevenRogers wrote:
so the second phase is about to start, let the games commence ...

Hold your horses. David Davis has said that May's agreement isn't binding. The Irish foreign minister says that it is, and while the recommendation to move to Pbase 2 has been made, it's not starting yet, and this development may be enough to put the brakes on.

_________________
All the best,
Paul
brataccas wrote:
your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation


Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:26 pm
Profile
Spends far too much time on here

Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:44 pm
Posts: 2890
Reply with quote
paulzolo wrote:
MrStevenRogers wrote:
so the second phase is about to start, let the games commence ...

Hold your horses. David Davis has said that May's agreement isn't binding. The Irish foreign minister says that it is, and while the recommendation to move to Pbase 2 has been made, it's not starting yet, and this development may be enough to put the brakes on.


my reply to the above is ...
Quote:
“nothing is agreed until everything is agreed”


http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12 ... y-forward/

_________________
Hope this helps . . . Steve ...

Nothing known travels faster than the speed of light, except bad news ...
Dell Inspiron 3252. Intel N3700 CPU-GPU. 8GB RAM. 1TB HDD. Win 10 Home ...


Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:49 pm
Profile
Occasionally has a life
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:18 pm
Posts: 249
Reply with quote
yup .. pretty much ..

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2017/12/09/gu ... lot-sadly/

_________________
eurotech


Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:14 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 510 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.