Reply to topic  [ 2233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 145, 146, 147, 148, 149
The Response to FPOTD thread 
Author Message
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:37 am
Posts: 6408
Location: Peebo
Reply with quote
John_Vella wrote:
Morning all,

Have you ever sat down at your desk, looked at the monitor and thought "I don't want to do this any more"?

That was me this morning. Which is why I have just placed my letter of resignation on the bosses desk.

Guess I'd better spend the weekend thinking about what I'm going to do next!

Have a great day, everyone.

:)


Well it's appraisals time and my manager is trying to throw me under the bus to cover up his incompetence so yes.

_________________
No-one with their sleeves rolled up who walks purposefully with a piece of paper held conspicuously in their hand is ever challenged.
-Moving Pictures, Terry Pratchett


Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:15 pm
Profile
I haven't seen my friends in so long
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:55 am
Posts: 7598
Location: Manchester.
Reply with quote
davrosG5 wrote:
John_Vella wrote:
Morning all,

Have you ever sat down at your desk, looked at the monitor and thought "I don't want to do this any more"?

That was me this morning. Which is why I have just placed my letter of resignation on the bosses desk.

Guess I'd better spend the weekend thinking about what I'm going to do next!

Have a great day, everyone.

:)


Well it's appraisals time and my manager is trying to throw me under the bus to cover up his incompetence so yes.


Hope it goes OK, for you. I've already got an interview set up for Monday, but even if I don't get it, I'm not overly concerned. I'll get something, even if it means going back to being a greedy, money grabbing contractor!

_________________
okenobi wrote:
John's hot. No denying it. But he's hardly Karen now, is he ;)

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
Sorry :roll:
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)


Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:23 pm
Profile
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:37 am
Posts: 6408
Location: Peebo
Reply with quote
Cheers, and good luck for your interview.
Could all get very interesting but I'm only in work Monday next week so it'll be interesting to see how it goes.

_________________
No-one with their sleeves rolled up who walks purposefully with a piece of paper held conspicuously in their hand is ever challenged.
-Moving Pictures, Terry Pratchett


Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:33 pm
Profile
Doesn't have much of a life
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:42 am
Posts: 779
Location: land of the free, Bexhill-on-Sea
Reply with quote
Just to say a hearty congrats to Mr. & Mrs. SasPro.


Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:27 pm
Profile
What's a life?
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:25 pm
Posts: 10204
Location: Bramsche
Reply with quote
TheFrenchun wrote:
Officially on maternity leave now so waiting game starts :). Just passed life in the UK citizenship test so going to file next week

Is it worth waiting until the sprog is born, so that it can get dual nationality? Not sure how that works in the UK...

_________________
"Do you know what this is? Hmm? No, I can see you do not. You have that vacant look in your eyes, which says hold my head to your ear, you will hear the sea!" - Londo Molari

Executive Producer No Agenda Show 246


Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:34 pm
Profile ICQ
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:53 pm
Posts: 8527
Location: location, location
Reply with quote
big_D wrote:
TheFrenchun wrote:
Officially on maternity leave now so waiting game starts :). Just passed life in the UK citizenship test so going to file next week

Is it worth waiting until the sprog is born, so that it can get dual nationality? Not sure how that works in the UK...


Bump gets that anyway ;)

_________________
Support X404, visit our Amazon store
Get your X404 tat here
jonlumb wrote:
I've only ever done it with a chicken so far, but if required I wouldn't have any problems doing it with other animals at all.


Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:45 pm
Profile WWW
Online
Officially Mrs saspro
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:55 pm
Posts: 4921
Location: on the naughty step
Reply with quote
E. F. Benson wrote:
Just to say a hearty congrats to Mr. & Mrs. SasPro.

Thank you :)


Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:45 pm
Profile WWW
I haven't seen my friends in so long
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:55 am
Posts: 7598
Location: Manchester.
Reply with quote
TheFrenchun wrote:
Morning! Tiny is 3 weeks today :D


How are you both doing, sleep-wise? Also, have you had any thoughts on a mane, yet?

I'm still pushing for John, a good strong name that works for boys and girls, and sounds cool in both an English and French accent!

_________________
okenobi wrote:
John's hot. No denying it. But he's hardly Karen now, is he ;)

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
Sorry :roll:
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)


Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:20 pm
Profile
Online
Officially Mrs saspro
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:55 pm
Posts: 4921
Location: on the naughty step
Reply with quote
John_Vella wrote:
TheFrenchun wrote:
Morning! Tiny is 3 weeks today :D


How are you both doing, sleep-wise? Also, have you had any thoughts on a mane, yet?

I'm still pushing for John, a good strong name that works for boys and girls, and sounds cool in both an English and French accent!


Not bad at all :) he is called Samuel


Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:35 pm
Profile WWW
I haven't seen my friends in so long
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:55 am
Posts: 7598
Location: Manchester.
Reply with quote
TheFrenchun wrote:
John_Vella wrote:
TheFrenchun wrote:
Morning! Tiny is 3 weeks today :D


How are you both doing, sleep-wise? Also, have you had any thoughts on a mane, yet?

I'm still pushing for John, a good strong name that works for boys and girls, and sounds cool in both an English and French accent!


Not bad at all :) he is called Samuel


Having done the "doctor test" I can confirm that Samuel, or Sam, is a good name. :D

For those who are unaware, imagine that your child grows up to be a doctor. Does the name you have chosen sound good with prefix of doctor?

_________________
okenobi wrote:
John's hot. No denying it. But he's hardly Karen now, is he ;)

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
Sorry :roll:
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)


Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:28 pm
Profile
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:37 am
Posts: 6408
Location: Peebo
Reply with quote
Spreadie wrote:
Stuck in Peterborough, waiting for a train. Got here earlier than expected but they wouldn't let.me.amend my ticket for an earlier train. So, I'm enjoying a very nice mystery ale with fish and chips at a restaurant across from the station

In the Great Northern Hotel?
If I wasn't at work I could have come and said hello :|

_________________
No-one with their sleeves rolled up who walks purposefully with a piece of paper held conspicuously in their hand is ever challenged.
-Moving Pictures, Terry Pratchett


Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:54 pm
Profile
I haven't seen my friends in so long
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:06 pm
Posts: 6187
Location: IoW
Reply with quote
That was the one - do you work nearby?

_________________
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!


Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:23 pm
Profile
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:37 am
Posts: 6408
Location: Peebo
Reply with quote
No, but I live in Peterborough.

_________________
No-one with their sleeves rolled up who walks purposefully with a piece of paper held conspicuously in their hand is ever challenged.
-Moving Pictures, Terry Pratchett


Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:24 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 2233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 145, 146, 147, 148, 149

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.