Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Sony Keynote presentation 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

I watched this last night.

Some good stuff in it.

MAG - a 256 player online FPS. Looks good although I imagine it will be full of 256 players playing their own individual, shoot anything that moves, game.

GT5 - looks very nice and some shots of car damage!

Assassin's Creed 2 - Looks nice, but also looks like more of the same repetitive gameplay.

Modnation Racers - the next Play, Create, Share title (a la Little Big Planet) but this time based around kart racing. Create cars, drivers and tracks. Track creator looks very nice also.

PSP Go - the "worst kept secret of E3 2009" is the new PSP. Smaller than the PSPwith a slide out control button area. No UMD slot.

Motion controllers - two hand held stick with glowing ping pong balls on top. The camera detects the movement along with accelerometers inside the sticks. Movement was mapped 1:1 into the game. i.e. shield in left had sword in right hand of the avatar were controlled exactly by the movement of the player.

No mention of any slim PS3, no mention of a price cut of the PS3 :(

JJW009 wrote:
The count will go up until they stop counting. That's the way counting works.

Doodle Sub!
Game Of Life

Image Image

Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:09 am
Profile WWW
Spends far too much time on here

Compared to the MS presentation...the Sony one was sh*te

Mostly PSP which is a failing handheld compared to the DS/DSi

GT on PSP.... meh that I would get

Look forward to see what Ninty have to offer

Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:16 pm
Doesn't have much of a life

finlay666 wrote:

The SNES in a new box?
The gamecube in a new box? Oh, they did that already.

Sorry for the cynicism, but the Wii was shockingly bad. We sold ours in a hurry once we'd played all 4 games worth buying.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:26 pm
Profile WWW
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Both the Wii and the eggbox are shocking.

The former isn't up to much, the latter has major reliability issues.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:33 pm

Linux_User wrote:
Both the Wii and the eggbox are shocking.

The former isn't up to much, the latter has major reliability issues.

Not wrong there - MS had my 360 more than I did. What killed the 360 for me was Gears of War, never mind the hardware faults - so much expectation and it turned out to be a huge, bland game of hide & seek. The best game out for the 360 is probably still Crackdown, because it was one of the few that was genuinely interesting. Forza 2 was hugely disappointing too.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:41 pm
Profile WWW

gavomatic57 wrote:
finlay666 wrote:

The SNES in a new box?
The gamecube in a new box? Oh, they did that already.

Sorry for the cynicism, but the Wii was shockingly bad. We sold ours in a hurry once we'd played all 4 games worth buying.

I agree the Wii is bad, I was meaning with regards to the DSi and other DS games seeing as they have basically done GTA and started doing the point + click puzzle adventure games and may hear something else soon.

I only unpacked mine the other week since xmas to play excitetruck, may change when I get my own place and can watch/play what I want though, mind my PC has got about equal time to my 360 atm with fallout3/ GH:WT/Grid competing for my time and plants vs zombies being a time killer

I'd love to see popcap and ninty collaborate on some new IPs for the wii, as stuff like peggle and other casual games (world of goo etc) are perfectly suited for the casual console

See I liked Forza 2, but I play it online with friends mostly, still not played gears 1 yet though, played viva pinata more than gears of war lol

Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:43 pm

Been looking at Gran Turismo on PSP...that looks niiiiice! Wonder how the analogue nub will handle it though - gives me major cramp in my left hand!

MGS on the PSP also looks good too!

Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:20 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

gavomatic57 wrote:
Been looking at Gran Turismo on PSP...that looks niiiiice! Wonder how the analogue nub will handle it though - gives me major cramp in my left hand!

I’m amazed that they got it all onto a UMD - I think that’s surprised a lot of other people too. More cars than the PS2 version as well. I’ll be keen to see how this one handles.

I’ve been playing Ridge Racer again on my PSP, and I want to tilt the thing to steer....

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:02 am

paulzolo wrote:
gavomatic57 wrote:

I’m amazed that they got it all onto a UMD - I think that’s surprised a lot of other people too. More cars than the PS2 version as well. I’ll be keen to see how this one handles.

It probably won't be UMD I reckon, their store has some good exclusive games, including Patapon 2 (if you buy a retail box you get a code to download it)

Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]