Reply to topic  [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Batman: Arkham City trailer 
What's a life?

Okay so I decided to delete my profile and restart the game. The beginning is pointiant that I had to re-experience it. What I found different is when you complete the first objective (find the prisoner), I came out and looked up. On the roof was a figure which I'd not seen before. Launched up to him. Some kind of watchman. Does he always appear in the same places or was this a random thing? Is it important enough that I should seek a guide to show when/where he turns up?

And I've realised the reason why the Riddler trophies are more difficult to obtain. You can't just find them - you have to complete riddles! Loving the upgrade features. Are there any I should go for at the beginning?

Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:56 pm
Legend

On the PS3 here... Always appears at certain spots, I just got lucky in getting all of them!

I can get you a guide that doesn't ruin who he is if you want.

He basically depends on your trophy/completist nature cos he's not really important to the game.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:07 am
What's a life?

Would be grateful for that. Need things to be as spoiler-free as possible.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:27 am
Legend

I'm still on the PS3 here so you'll have to wait until I can edit the guide down on my laptop, as it actually names a few names...

Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:56 pm
What's a life?

Cool. I was originally going to track in on the radio station after the church but got side tracked on the Titan canister thing and then got sidetracked again on a guy getting beaten up. Flippin' heck.

So far, am struggling to dive-bomb anyone. I seem to miss them, but I can do it from a dive kick.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:25 pm
Legend

Edited Batman: Arkham City Watcher in the Wings side mission guide - no spoilers you won't have already seen unless you click the link to see the pics and unedited text of the locations!

The Watcher in the Wings side mission involves you finding this mysterious figure in four separate locations, all of which are unknown to the almighty Batcomputer. Fortunately, our technology exceeds that of the world’s greatest detective.

Location #1

As soon as Batman completes his first story mission involving Catwoman, you may spot the watcher up on the roof just south of the courthouse. Approach him and he’ll vanish, leaving a symbol behind. Scan that symbol to complete part one of this side mission.

Location #2

In the eastern part of the Industrial District there’s a ferris wheel. The watcher is waiting at the very top. Again, approach him and scan the symbol after he leaves. You’ll need to have finished the steel mill for the first time before the watcher will appear at this location. If you’ve already done that, and the watcher is still absent, try quitting and reloading the game.

Location #3

Look on the roof the building northeast of the entrance to the subway. It’s one of the tallest buildings in the Bowery, so it’s not hard to find. You’ll need to have already interrogated (minor storyline character) before the watcher appears at this location. If you’ve done that, and the watcher is still absent, try quitting and reloading the game.

Location #4

Check the roof of the building just west of GCPD. You’ll need to have already rescued (minor storyline character) before the watcher appears in this location. If you’ve done that, and the watcher is still absent, try quitting and reloading the game.

The final sigil

Scanning the fourth symbol that the watcher leaves behind will automatically take you to the Batcomputer screen. Use the right and left sticks to rotate and move the sigil so that its four points match the four locations in which you spotted the watcher. Doing so reveals the watchers final location: the eastern side of the church. Scan the symbol on the wall there to complete this side mission.

http://www.gamesradar.com/batman-arkham ... ion-guide/

Hope that helps, as I say I got lucky in finding him!

Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:12 pm
What's a life?

Cheers for this. Didn't wanna miss bits from the main storyline.

I know you had issues with saving after doing Riddler challenges but did going in/out of buildings cause the "save game" to be triggered?

Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:36 pm
Legend

cloaked_wolf wrote:
I know you had issues with saving after doing Riddler challenges but did going in/out of buildings cause the "save game" to be triggered?

Only sometimes would it save like that, seems to depend on what building you're entering/leaving, I couldn't see any pattern to the way it saved.

At the moment I need to view more Riddles - I know where they all are, but it's a pain in the arse getting Batman to view them properly.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:47 pm
What's a life?

I'm driven to distraction by the Augmented Reality stuff! Just managed the first lot and struggling with the advanced stuff.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:41 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Just picked up a steam code for the PC version for £15. 8-)

Gotta wait two weeks before I can play it though. :(

Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:00 pm
What's a life?

Gah! The phone thing is doing my nut in. Everytime I do one bit, as soon as I head back to the same place to complete that main storyline, it goes off again. I've been doing okay but in the last one I did, i had ten seconds to spare and kept trying to answer the wrong one. It was the one next to it!!!

Will try again. I don't think I'm going to be able to do the advanced AR training - so crap at it!

Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:21 pm
Legend

Did a few phone missions, but I still haven't finished them even though I've completed the main game. collected nearly all of Catwoman's trophies, I'm not good enough to rely on her fighting skills though! Gave up on the AR training after the second or third section...

Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:36 pm
Legend

OPM has a single line mentioning 4 bits of Catwoman DLC... I'm actually working through one of her missions at the moment but keep getting distracted by trophies and her crap overall fighting capability :(

Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:58 am
Legend

Warner Bros seeking help to solve Batman: Arkham City 360 glitch

http://www.gamesradar.com/warner-bros-s ... 60-glitch/

I'd be fcuking furious :oops:

Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:49 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Just reinstalled Arkham Asylum to kill some time, whilst I await Arkham City's eventual release.

Still enjoying it, probably because I've forgotten most of it; and how to complete it.
Bane kicked my arse three times in a row before I figured out how to beat him again.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 298 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next