Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
PS2 Black 
Legend

Recently got PS2 Black off eBay (alongside MOH Vanguard and Urban Chaos) and it's f**king brilliant!

For those who don't know, it's a FPS about a black ops sergeant (hence the title) who disobeys orders and winds up incarcerated for it, with you playing each level as he's recounting the events to an interrogator.

It's what would now be considered an old game I 'spose (2006), but it's pretty close to the current crop in every way IMO, from the gameplay to the graphics and sound. Not bad for a three year old PS2 game 8-) . To give you an idea, one of the first things you do is take a combat shotgun to a steel door, before making your way out into a street swarming with quite intelligent enemy troops...

I haven't even tested the other games I got cos Black's been so entertaining - I heartily recommend you pick it up*, I got it for under £3 :D

* Or dust it off :)

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Sun May 03, 2009 9:46 am
Spends far too much time on here

i had this game on Xbox, and i totally agree with you: its a fantastic game, and probably one of the first to have even a hint of destructible environments.

i recall reading something about the guys who made it (name escapes me right now, was it introvision? something like that i think.) working on Black 2 after they finished burnout paradise. thats been out for a while now, so i guess we can assume they are either deep into development or siting around doing nothing :D

Mon May 04, 2009 6:19 pm
Legend

^ According to Wikipedia (and when's it ever been wrong? ;) :

'Criterion Games have recently been recruiting developers to work on their next project titled "Black: Second Mission", which contradicts their statement earlier that there are "no plans" for a sequel.'

I haven't completed the game yet as I've an awful habit of playing games in the wee hours, and I don't wanna wake the rest of the house up and haven't had time otherwise to enjoy the game properly... But I will get playing it later on tonight :D

If any sequel is anywhere near as good as the original, I'd probably buy a PS3 - despite Sony acting like a pack of tw@ts with the SKUs and needing a new TV - that's how good the game is!

That, and the fact that Batman game looks like the sh1t 8-)

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Mon May 04, 2009 6:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]