Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Mass Effect: Andromeda 
Spends far too much time on here

Anyone else playing this? I was given it for my birthday and so far it seems a lot of fun, although I feel like I need to read up on some of the mechanics around research and weaponry.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:01 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

Yup, it's actually pretty good. Fairly traditional 'US style' RPG with a lot of nice touches, and a couple of very ropey bits they should have buffed off before release frankly. There are a couple of bits where you find yourself doing an awful lot of walking around talking to people but they're well done in the main and the basic mechanics (shooting, driving, crafting etc.) are strong. Just you'll be happily pootering along and you'll get a really ropey line of dialog and think 'blimey, who let that past quality control?'

All the 'look how crap it is' youtube videos put together actually only show you about 30 seconds worth of game, just everyone picked on the same bits and tried to give the impression the whole game was like that. It isn't.

Also the Multiplayer is actually fun, but is also rock hard at the beginning until you level up and get better gear.

Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:10 pm
Spends far too much time on here

I've not encountered any issues yet that would be classed as serious, not even close. Haven't tried the multiplayer yet, still in two minds about whether that's a rabbit hole I really want to be going down.

Considering I'm also having to run it with all the graphics on basically the lowest settings, it also looks pretty good to me.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:11 am
Profile WWW
I haven't seen my friends in so long

jonlumb wrote:
I've not encountered any issues yet that would be classed as serious, not even close. Haven't tried the multiplayer yet, still in two minds about whether that's a rabbit hole I really want to be going down.

Considering I'm also having to run it with all the graphics on basically the lowest settings, it also looks pretty good to me.

You mean you don't want to be screamed at by adolescents with a rage problem?

Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:30 am
What's a life?

davrosG5 wrote:
You mean you don't want to be screamed at by adolescents with a rage problem?

Well, if you play with randoms... It's 'co-op horde mode' rather than PvP, so that may turn the most dickheadish segment of the video gaming market off a bit.

Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:40 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/mar/28/mass-effect-andromeda-tips-beginners

If this helps

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]