Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Go 8-bit 
Author Message
I haven't seen my friends in so long
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:37 am
Posts: 6931
Location: Peebo
Reply with quote
So looks like there may be a new show about computer games on the way on Dave:
Dara O'Briains Go 8-bit

Starting 5th of September.

I like Dara, and he is a gamer so could be a laugh.

_________________
When they put teeth in your mouth, they spoiled a perfectly good bum.
-Billy Connolly (to a heckler)


Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:56 pm
Profile
Legend
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:30 pm
Posts: 45571
Location: Belfast
Reply with quote
I'm so hungry for a games show I'll watch anything!

Have to say though, they really need to do something about Mock The Week. Dara has ceased to be funny on that show, and he's not the only one. It feels like it's one big in-joke and the viewer is late to the party, cos the panel are all laughing their tits off at stuff that really isn't that good.

_________________
Plain English advice on everything money, purchase and service related:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/


Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:30 pm
Profile
What's a life?
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:27 pm
Posts: 12193
Reply with quote
Mr Biffo tweeted an extract from a letter from the Met Police. They have investigated, found nothing to go on, so are closing the case. Mr Biffo is a bit annoyed about this, as you can appreciate.

_________________
All the best,
Paul
brataccas wrote:
your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation


Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:41 am
Profile
What's a life?
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:26 pm
Posts: 17040
Reply with quote
Wrong thread?


Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:58 pm
Profile
I haven't seen my friends in so long
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:55 am
Posts: 7775
Location: Manchester.
Reply with quote
Or maybe it's one of those in-jokes, that only the regulars get... [emoji14]

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

_________________
okenobi wrote:
John's hot. No denying it. But he's hardly Karen now, is he ;)

John Vella BSc (Hons), PGCE - Still the official forum prankster and crude remarker :P
Sorry :roll:
I'll behave now.
Promise ;)


Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:46 am
Profile
Has a life

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:00 pm
Posts: 17
Reply with quote
I really don't miss those 8-bit graphics, but the gameplay of stuff like Mario and Zelda was always a lot of fun. Crazy how those games in particular have survived over the years.


Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:50 pm
Profile
Legend
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:30 pm
Posts: 45571
Location: Belfast
Reply with quote
Alex00 wrote:
I really don't miss those 8-bit graphics, but the gameplay of stuff like Mario and Zelda was always a lot of fun. Crazy how those games in particular have survived over the years.


16 bit sprites are where it's at for me in nostalgia terms. But I'd honestly take 8 bit gaming over some of the generic dross being knocked out today.

I really can't stand those indie games with the faux 8 bit graphics though; that's just sheer laziness and doesn't look right at all, because the graphics of the time were a result of living by your means!

_________________
Plain English advice on everything money, purchase and service related:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/


Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:23 pm
Profile
What's a life?
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:27 pm
Posts: 12193
Reply with quote
pcernie wrote:
Alex00 wrote:
I really don't miss those 8-bit graphics, but the gameplay of stuff like Mario and Zelda was always a lot of fun. Crazy how those games in particular have survived over the years.


16 bit sprites are where it's at for me in nostalgia terms. But I'd honestly take 8 bit gaming over some of the generic dross being knocked out today.

I really can't stand those indie games with the faux 8 bit graphics though; that's just sheer laziness and doesn't look right at all, because the graphics of the time were a result of living by your means!


Those games using the 16-bit/8-bit aesthetic are playing on nostalgia, pure and simple. The hope is the people will associate the look with quality.

_________________
All the best,
Paul
brataccas wrote:
your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation


Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:09 pm
Profile
Legend
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:30 pm
Posts: 45571
Location: Belfast
Reply with quote
Annoying and eye bleeding is the result.

_________________
Plain English advice on everything money, purchase and service related:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/


Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:15 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.