Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Fallout 4 
What's a life?

OK, so got this game and first impressions are ...

... just how close to Skyrim IS this game? I mean, seriously, it feels at times like a re-skinng. The UI/Navigation is very similar. The way to enter/leave buildings is identical. Some of the notifications are the same. Dead NPCs can be dragged around and rearranged. Even the lock picking sub game is the same (not done this yet, but I’ve seen Mr Biffo’s video). In a sense, it makes me feel that I don’t need to relearn new stuff and get on with playing (good), but I also feel that it’s a respray of an older vehicle (bad).

Still, early days. It seems very massive and ambitious, so I’m looking forward to playing it (I have had 3+ years out of Skyrim, and I still play at from time to time). I guess Bethesda have a game engine that they have developed, and it’s easier for them to bolt new content onto something tried and tested than create something from scratch. Just hope it doesn’t have that game saving problem that Skyrim did (files ballooning in size).

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:26 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Tempted to get it - enjoyed Skyrim so at least that will speed up the learning curve

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:18 am
What's a life?

hifidelity2 wrote:
Tempted to get it - enjoyed Skyrim so at least that will speed up the learning curve

It’s good, enjoying it so far. You’ll find the UI familiar. Sure, it’s decorated differently, but the way the targeting radar works, the way you get warning about where an attack is coming from, are all Skyrim. You’ll find loading screens familiar, and even WHEN you get one (eg entering an enclosed building). Even the mechanics seem similar - you’ll get areas and building marked as “cleared”. I find the Pip-Boy map troubling, though. Just hard to read. I guess that’s the intention.

Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:38 am

paulzolo wrote:
hifidelity2 wrote:

It’s good, enjoying it so far. You’ll find the UI familiar. Sure, it’s decorated differently, but the way the targeting radar works, the way you get warning about where an attack is coming from, are all Skyrim. You’ll find loading screens familiar, and even WHEN you get one (eg entering an enclosed building). Even the mechanics seem similar - you’ll get areas and building marked as “cleared”. I find the Pip-Boy map troubling, though. Just hard to read. I guess that’s the intention.

I played Fallout 3 (although not new Vegas - as I borrowed the game from a mate)

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:56 pm

Fallout New Vegas is probably the all time best fallout, highly recommended,

I currently have 178 hours playtime on Fallout Vegas

Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:39 pm

I'm actually playing New Vegas again (never completed it the first time) as my copy of Fallout 4 is locked away until Xmas. I'm enjoying it more this time than the first time around though and whilst the bugs are annoying it's not stopping me from playing the game. I think my play style helps as in the past i'd go off randomly exploring a bit too much fill the quest log so much it became a little overwhelming and I'd get lost in it. I'm playing with more direction this time and sticking to energy weapons which is allowing me to enjoy it more.

Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:22 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

I get to build a house, power it and set some folk up to be farmers.

Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]