Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
The Retro VGS console isn't bringing back a golden age 
Legend

The Retro VGS console isn't bringing back a golden age. It's stunting the future | GamesRadar
http://www.gamesradar.com/retro-vgs-con ... ng-future/

What a pile of sh1te. There's a bloody good reason today's developers are so intent on Xeroxing the past - they're piggybacking on the nostalgia of when 2D games were genuinely good, not the faux bollocks you get today. After a few months they're sold for £3 even on PSN FFS.

How is it stunting the future in any way, shape or form? Especially when the online stores are loaded with retro games themselves. Even shops have started selling old kit and games again. And if he thinks people aren't genuinely annoyed about continual mandatory updates, enormous day one patches and follow-ups, bricked machines... what planet is he on?

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:31 pm
What's a life?

Through either iPhone or dosbox, I've played a few of my old favourites. Graphics were rubbish so you had gameplay. Lots of levels. Lots of hours of fun. Lots of replayability. To date, the only games I've replayed have been the Arkham series. Apart from that and CoD, I've never stuck a disc back in the pS3 after playing it once.

Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:32 am
I haven't seen my friends in so long

When I play a lot of old games I get that nice nostalgia glow from remembering a simpler time in my pre and early teens but I quickly come to the realisation that a lot of the games haven't held up well and are pretty crap by modern standards.

Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:37 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]