Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Which next-gen games have you got? 
Legend

Tried Watch Dogs. Ever catch Good Morning Britain with it's endless infographics? Just turning round in this game presents you with a load of text information, various conversations, an exposition audio track... All happening at once.

You've then got multiple distractions in the environment in terms of 'this piece of scenery is hackable' signs. The idea is that you react to all this sharpish and stop crimes or whatever, but that's not much fun when the suspect has inevitably spotted you and you're waiting for the 'press square to hack something' sign or deciding whether to have the cops show up AGAIN cos shooting isn't great but better than playing Home Alone.

It's so technically accomplished, but a lot of that is to give you a sense of a world that just overwhelms, and not in a good way.

For a game where you spend all your time pressing square, there's too many unnecessary distractions to your immediate enjoyment. And the lead's DULL.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:25 am
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Tomb Raider is awesome. One of the best in the franchise.

Also Diablo 3 has just been released for next gen.

And then in September is Destiny which is just epic.

JJW009 wrote:
The count will go up until they stop counting. That's the way counting works.

Doodle Sub!
Game Of Life

Image Image

Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:06 am
Profile WWW
Legend

I was surprised when they made the next TR a timed Xbox exclusive after finally getting the series back on track. TR really was a breath of fresh air on release.

There's a lot more PS4 owners out there. And no matter how good it is, it won't shift Xboxs.

They've instantly alienated half their audience in the short and probably long term. PS4 owners certainly won't be paying £50 for it come it's eventual release. Not to mention lost DLC money in the meantime.

Games make it big these days with hype and word of mouth, and it's that much harder to do with the smallest of the big two. It's only slightly less of a dick move than making Bayonetta 2 a Wii U exclusive.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:43 am
What's a life?

Fogmeister wrote:
Tomb Raider is awesome. One of the best in the franchise.

Also Diablo 3 has just been released for next gen.

And then in September is Destiny which is just epic.

Liking Tomb Raider very much. Still working. Through it, but my PS4 has been neglected recently due to me doing holiday type things and going "outside".

Looking forward to Destiny. I may fork out for that new. I'm a dreadful miser, and I usually buy games discounted or second hand. I got over a year out of Skyrim (which I got from game on a £25 deal - I still dip in now and then), and current games are from CEX for a more manageable £20 - £30.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:44 am
Legend

The only game I've bought hasn't been released yet; Arkham Knight. And that was only because of a discount and ordering something else at the time. If there's anything wrong with it, straight back to Tesco.

There hasn't been a game worth £40-50 yet for the current gen IME. No wonder when they're mostly ports of something designed for the last gen or higher res sequels.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:15 pm
What's a life?

If there's a few of us getting Destiny might be useful to organise a bit. Apparently there's some endgame content you need a group of six to do and there's no way to group with randoms in-game.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:53 pm
Legend

["jonbwfc"]If there's a few of us getting Destiny might be useful to organise a bit. Apparently there's some endgame content you need a group of six to do and there's no way to group with randoms in-game.[/quote]

There's a deal in the bargains thread where it costs £40 and you get a headset or something IIRC...

Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:57 pm
What's a life?

pcernie wrote:
["jonbwfc"]If there's a few of us getting Destiny might be useful to organise a bit. Apparently there's some endgame content you need a group of six to do and there's no way to group with randoms in-game.

There's a deal in the bargains thread where it costs £40 and you get a headset or something IIRC...[/quote]

I've just come back from a long bike ride and am too knackered to look that one out, but noted and I'll seek it out later.

your posts are just combo chains of funny win

I’m on Twitter, tweeting away... My Photos Random Avatar Explanation

Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2