Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
Elite: Dangerous gets Docking & Ship Outfitting video 
What's a life?

hifidelity2 wrote:
Not sure what the min spec is

It seems quite adaptive. I'm running it on an old mac pro running windows via bootcamp with 4GB of RAM and like a three year old ATi video card - I can't remember exactly what but I'll find out if it's helpful to know - and it looks chuffing lovely. There's a bit of chugging when it's doing certain things but 99% of the time it's fine. The hyperspace warp thing seems to be a particular culprit, strangely, but it really doesn't matter if that's not at 60FPS.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:38 am
I haven't seen my friends in so long

I bumped it to ultra but using a lower AA setting (FXAA) last night and it looks even better. There was some slow down in the big spaceport (fog/smoke effects) but for the most part it ran absolutely fine. I have heard testing your frame rate in an asteroid belt is worth doing as that pushes the hardware more.

Now I've seen ultra I'm tempted if the frame rate drops too much to lower the res and keep the pretty effects!

Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:54 pm
Profile WWW

Thankfully I can run it in all its glory

On another point - my Cobra drinks fuel (compared to the sindy or the Adder - 2 - 6 lyr jumps - about 700 cr worth ) - thinking of getting a fuel scoop - but then have to give up a couple of tons of cargo (have 44T at the moment) - its still roughly better on the good runs to keep the cargo but when I leave my "home" system and do a lot of hopping (now got a permit to visit Sol) I will get the scoop

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:17 am

I bought an Adder last night and am using it for mining. Pretty equip-able ship for the money to be fair.

Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:54 am
Profile WWW

veato wrote:
I bought an Adder last night and am using it for mining. Pretty equip-able ship for the money to be fair.

How is the mining going - not tried that yet - is it making money

Did my 1st - Find pirates and kill them mission - 2 systems to search - found them all in time and of course you get the bounty as well as the reputational increase

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:43 pm

Only tried briefly last night. Easy to do, slightly time consuming but ultimately worth it if you mine valuable stuff. I made 20k on my first run but a chap at work who has found a good resource of gold, silver, platimum , etc (asteroids around metallic looking planets apparently) mines 90-200k in a Cobra MKIII.

Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:51 pm
Profile WWW

will give it a try (as want to try most things) - Replace one the size 1 guns with a mining laser and then the refinery and if you are going a bit off the beaten track a discovery scanner - brings cargo down to 30 ish I guess

Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:41 pm
Spends far too much time on here

Thanks guys. Looks like I'll need at least an i3 and £100 worth of GPU. Still stuck in Italy for another 2 months, so we'll see what's around price-wise when I get back.

Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:45 pm

Did my first "illegal" mission - go and get some cargo that had been "dropped" my a ship. Flew into the system (Anarchy) a few fights and finally found the cargo, took it back and no "record" as managed not to get scanned by the police while I was carrying it - 15K cr better off!

Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:53 am

So tried a little mining the other day - not doing that again. Made more cash in shooting the pirates than in the mining.

Just a few jumps from Sol

Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:25 am
What's a life?

Isn't it the case that you need to reach a certain rank before they let you fly to Sol?

Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:10 pm

jonbwfc wrote:
Isn't it the case that you need to reach a certain rank before they let you fly to Sol?

yes - I am now a midshipman

Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:32 pm

I modded

And it was 95%* successful ;)

Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:44 pm
Profile WWW

Went mining last night. 7 gold and 1 platinum cashed in for 100k. Went back out after mining 6 palladium and 3 silver I promptly crashed into an asteroid and died.

Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:16 am
Profile WWW

veato wrote:
Went mining last night. 7 gold and 1 platinum cashed in for 100k. Went back out after mining 6 palladium and 3 silver I promptly crashed into an asteroid and died.
:shock: :(

Tried mining but gave up after a bit - think it would have been better if it had been a richer seam - will give it another bash maybe when I am doing a bit of exploring

Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next