Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Elite: Dangerous gets Docking & Ship Outfitting video 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Yes please! At the moment I'm back near the starting area as it was it sparse over where I was mining. My next aim is to save for an Asp (all rounder) or Vulture (kill kill kill) but I haven't decided which yet.

Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:11 pm
Profile WWW

Tried the run last night. Was good. Stripped out the ship in favour of cargo and jump range with the best FSD I could afford and still banked 1.1m for the night without completing the 3rd leg of the trip.

It's scary when you get interdicted though without a shield or a laser to shoot back.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:55 am
Profile WWW

veato wrote:
Tried the run last night. Was good. Stripped out the ship in favour of cargo and jump range with the best FSD I could afford and still banked 1.1m for the night without completing the 3rd leg of the trip.

It's scary when you get interdicted though without a shield or a laser to shoot back.

Well I have n0t been that brave - and if they interdicted I fight back (helps keep the fun element) so I am only making 650K / trip

I now have a fully A rated Cobra and around 1 1/2 million in the back -et to approx 5Mil that is when I will get the Asp

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:24 am

I'm debating if it's worth getting the A4 FSD to take my jump range up to 20ly when fully laden. It's 1.6mil and my current drive gets me 17ly fully laden. The rest of my loadout is fairly low: D3 life support and sensors, light alloys, C4 thrusters (might be lower actually!). Only my power (A2), fuel scoop (A2) and FSD (B4) are remotely any good. And 52T cargo of course ;)

Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:34 am
Profile WWW
What's a life?

GGGRRRR. GET THE MAC VERSION FINISHED!

Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:45 am

veato wrote:
I'm debating if it's worth getting the A4 FSD to take my jump range up to 20ly when fully laden. It's 1.6mil and my current drive gets me 17ly fully laden. The rest of my loadout is fairly low: D3 life support and sensors, light alloys, C4 thrusters (might be lower actually!). Only my power (A2), fuel scoop (A2) and FSD (B4) are remotely any good. And 52T cargo of course ;)

I would get the A4 FSD - it means you need to do less jumps (assuming you have it set for fastest route) and you get your money back when you sell them so its not like in the end you are loosing anything

I think only my life support and Shields are below A rate (Life Support is D and Shields are C) but I have a KWS and a shield booster in my utility slots. As I have kept shields (and Guns!!) I have a cargo of 40T but a range of 19.5 Ly

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:11 pm

jonbwfc wrote:
GGGRRRR. GET THE MAC VERSION FINISHED!

I run it on Win 8 bootcamp. Couldn't be arsed to wait for the Mac version!

Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:17 pm
Profile WWW

Broke 6mi in assets last night. Getting ever closer to that Asp. It will take a while to fully load it out as I'd like (and another many millions!) but off the production line it should still out perform my stripped out Cobra on rare cargo runs.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:29 pm
Profile WWW

I was killed for the 1st time last night. Was in DISO doing some missions while slowly collecting Rares and was hanging around the Navigation Point
Got into a battle with a 3 person wing (PC controlled) and was doing Ok - had lost my outer shields when a CMDR joined and took me down with 2 shots - so not sure what ship he had but they were big guns
Cost me 300K credits for insurance (as my cobra is mainly A rated) and an almost full hold of rares.

will have to do a couple of pure Rare runs to get that Asp

Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:16 pm

I moved to Solo for a bit as I was being repeatedly intercepted and killed. I was even killed in a station by another player. At the moment I'm considering grabbing a Type 6 until the funds build up for an Asp. I could buy one now but not put anything on it.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:49 pm
Profile WWW

I have been indicted twice by players but managed to boost away in time

Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:35 pm

I'm full swing in the T6 now. Cargo is only 88T and jump range fully laden is just under 19ly as I wanted to keep shields and I haven't found a bigger jump drive yet.

I used your run as a base and made this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7hry_Q_Mc3iTTJtemNLNzlyTWM/view?usp=sharingurl

With fully stocked stations and a minimum of 84T cargo space it's a 4 million round trip. I didn't hang around for restocks when I built the run so weighed in 78, 60 and 53 tonnes and made 3.2 million. It works out at roughly 17k per tonne on average.

I made the mistake of flying to Korro Kung (Lonchakov Orbital) on the first leg to see if it was worth adding to the run but it takes FOREVER to get there. It might arguably be worth it for the 350,000 credits (20T) but my god it's a boring trip. Similarly is Geras (Yurchikhin Port) which you can get to on the second leg of the run. I'd advise against it though!

Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:16 pm
Profile WWW

Ohhh looks good - I think in will have to seriously think of following suit and get a T6 just to get the cash for the Asp

Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:33 pm

It has sped up my earning potential moving from Cobra to T6. I used all my money on outfitting as it needed some big parts but I now have 12m in assets and the potential to earn 4m a night. That Asp will come soon ;)

Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:19 pm
Profile WWW

Will finish this run (in and around DISO) and then get a T6 in 39 Tauri area and do a couple of circuits in solo mode and then get the asp and get back into the general game

Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next