Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
Elite: Dangerous gets Docking & Ship Outfitting video 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Well upgraded to an Adder last night - so now broke again and some of the system specs are lower but have 12T of Cargo and a jump range of 12 Ly (and I understand with a bit of moving things around can get close to 18T) so a few runs to do and the upgrade some systems and then move on out into the wider galaxy

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:46 pm

Well upgraded the ship a bit and done a few more missions - including the 1st one for the Navy

Still enjoying it - just need to find some time to do some of the larger "hunt down someone" as I think they can take a few hours to do

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:58 pm

I've got it installed. Just waiting on my joystick to arrive when Amazon stop pissing me around.

Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:09 pm
Profile WWW

Just upgraded cargo to 18T so can now make on a goodish run about 10K profit

also went to an anarchy system and had a dog fight against 2 Eagles in and around the ring system, of a gas giant - totally awesome (and its the 1st time I have had to fight 2 ships at once)

Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:43 am

veato wrote:
I've got it installed. Just waiting on my joystick to arrive when Amazon stop pissing me around.

What one are you getting - I have the ThrurstMaster HOTAS and use all of the buttons and am slowly getting more instinctive with their use (well you have 14 Buttons and the HOTAS - 2 set up as shift 1 and shift 2 so you have 12 buttons x 3)

Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:11 pm

T-Flight HOTAS X I think is it's name on Amazon. That one?

It's supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

Do you need to do a lot of manual key mapping or is there some in game config?

Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:14 pm
Profile WWW
What's a life?

veato wrote:
Do you need to do a lot of manual key mapping or is there some in game config?

It comes with pre-defined mappings for most of the popular flight sticks. I'm fairly certain that one is included so you just have to tell it that's what you're usng. With mine (different stick but similar layout) the only controls I have left on the keyboard are 'raise/lower the landing gear' and 'go into/drop out of hyperspace'. You'll probably still need a keyboard and mouse to use the galaxy map navigation system - you can do it with the stick but it works better with keyboard and mouse - but minute to minute you can pretty much just use HOTAS.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:22 pm

The game recognises the joystick (they have added some of the more popular ones to the game)
However I found a really good set of bindings and a "cheat sheet" that I pinned on the wall. If you want a copy PM me and I will e-mail it to you (as not sure I will be able to find the web site again)

Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:17 am

Had a go at a training mission to test the stick. Seems ok so far. Had to map thrust up/down/left/right but left everything else as is for now.

Feel free to add me. Veato, naturally.

Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:23 pm
Profile WWW

veato wrote:
Had a go at a training mission to test the stick. Seems ok so far. Had to map thrust up/down/left/right but left everything else as is for now.

Feel free to add me. Veato, naturally.

Just sent a request - in Elite I am CMDR "Gubs"

Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:01 am
Spends far too much time on here

Guys, what specs are you running to make this smooth? Really wanna have a go when I return to the UK over the summer, but will need to spend a lot I'm guessing....

Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:57 pm

okenobi wrote:
Guys, what specs are you running to make this smooth? Really wanna have a go when I return to the UK over the summer, but will need to spend a lot I'm guessing....

I'm running it on my iMac (Boot Camp) which is an i5, 8GB and 6970M IIRC. I run it at 1920x1080 on High (it goes up to Ultra) and it seems smooth apart from the hyperspace jumps. I had heard the game scales well on various hardware but I'll see if I can download FRAPS to do some proper testing.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:12 pm
Profile WWW

I started a combat training missing using 1920x1080 and the high preset and FRAPS recorded

Min 30
Max 53
Av 42

I expect with those settings in the main game when things get hairy and I'm doing hyperspace jumps then the minimum will drop below 30 for a brief moment but if the average stays above 30 I'd be happy.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:15 pm
Profile WWW

okenobi wrote:

I have a newish PC -
i5 overclocked, a 670 Graphics card, and 16 Gb of memory

Not sure what the min spec is

Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:29 am

Well managed to upgrade to a Cobra Mk III (from my Adder) - so now in a "proper ship" - for us oldies who played the original game

Also there were some posts saying that its better to sell all of your kit off the old ship and then trade in rather than just Part Exchange
So I sold all the kit I could off the adder / downgraded the internal kit to E grade and then bought the Mk III (using the stripped out adder as the "deposit")
AS a result I was 45K cr up - v just doing a PX on the specced up Adder - so its worth it

Now have 44T of cargo and having to do some runs to build up the balance sheet so I can improve the Mk III

Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next