Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Elite: Dangerous gets Docking & Ship Outfitting video 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

That's what I'm thinking. The Asp should give me enough firepower and range to take on some faction missions and still enable me to run for rares when I need a top up! I also have my pass for Sol which I'd like to visit at some point.

If you do go for a T6 with plenty of cargo it's worth carrying some non lethal weapons as a lot of stations have it listed as a mission. I've become friendly to a few stations on the run simply by handing in those missions and doing to odd courier mission - to the location I'm heading for anyway.

Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:09 am
Profile WWW

It would appear ED is now available on Steam for £40.

Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:42 pm

Got 16.5m in assets but I'm getting a bit tired of rare runs. I'm going to park the T6 at George Lucas in Leesti and buy a Viper for something different. Should only be 4m to fully kit it out.

Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:00 pm
Profile WWW

Not had time to play for the last week or so and away again this weekend so you are well ahead of me now

Have fun shooting things :D

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:38 pm

The Viper is interesting. It sounds nice and as I didn't need to travel far was able to omit things like fuel scoop and jump range. I'm going to do a bit more work on the load out as I'd like better/more shield cell banks and maybe a shield boost but I'm quickly running out of available power.

Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:05 am
Profile WWW

Not much luck at the moment got killed or rather managed to ram a python so another load of credits down the tube and a nearly full hold or rates

OK, so all we need to do is find a half African, half Chinese, half Asian, gay, one eyed, wheelchair bound dwarf with tourettes and a lisp, and a st st stutter and we could make the best panel show ever.

Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:44 pm

Gutted.

I've just parked the Viper and am going to do some more runs in the T6. I worked out I need 18 million for build a Vulture so that's my next aim and I'm not that far off.

The Viper is loads of fun though. Only 2 million to build and in solo mode I kill anything, even Anacondas, and rack up bounties fairly quickly. It can be a lengthy battle with an Anaconda depending on the A.I. skill level hence why I'm going to get a Vulture.

Now I'm back in the T6 to earn a few million if you're on at the same time send me a wing request.

Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:36 am
Profile WWW

Managed 2 Rares Runs so thats an extra 700K - hopefully get a T6 when completed the next one

Had 3 Imperial Progression missions - one after the other so now a "Master" for the Empire

Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:46 am

So finally got my Asp last night 80 ish tons of cargo and 6 guns

Now just need to save up to A rate the power supply so I can run all the systems

Thu May 07, 2015 7:25 am
What's a life?

Mac versions out. Free if you already have the Windows version.

Tue May 12, 2015 10:14 pm
What's a life?

Fired up, plugged in my saitek flightstick and it detected and supported it no problem. Given there's no OS-level joystick support in OS X, that's pretty ruddy impressive.

Wed May 13, 2015 9:51 pm

Lost my first Vulture. I was interdicted by a Python (with a real human pilot) and without any cargo on board he decided he'd shoot me. I fought back and it was going well (I was targeting his power plant and making good hits too) until I lost my shield. My canopy quickly went and an explosion followed immediately afterwards. Not sure what happened to be honest, I've never died that fast before in any of the craft I've owned. I did see a message about power issues once life support kicked in so I'm wondering if I didn't have enough juice to stay alive. Maybe next time I'll put the guns away and run or tweak my power priorities.

Thu May 14, 2015 10:08 am
Profile WWW

veato wrote:
Lost my first Vulture. I was interdicted by a Python (with a real human pilot) and without any cargo on board he decided he'd shoot me. I fought back and it was going well (I was targeting his power plant and making good hits too) until I lost my shield. My canopy quickly went and an explosion followed immediately afterwards. Not sure what happened to be honest, I've never died that fast before in any of the craft I've owned. I did see a message about power issues once life support kicked in so I'm wondering if I didn't have enough juice to stay alive. Maybe next time I'll put the guns away and run or tweak my power priorities.

If its a Python (CMDR) rather than AI controlled then they will be aiming for your powerplant. They will also have BIG weapons and A rated shields (and most likely shield cells & Boosters)

If you want to take them on then you need all of the those and Chaff as well to stand a chance

I have been interdicted a couple of times by CMDRs in my Cobra - set up for Trading - and have always run for the hills - Boost directly away and the FSD at the 1st chance

Thu May 14, 2015 11:11 am

I've got A rated shields and chaff and boosters. I'm pretty sure I simply didn't have enough power with everything else running to make life support work.

Thu May 14, 2015 4:36 pm
Profile WWW

jonbwfc wrote:
Fired up, plugged in my saitek flightstick and it detected and supported it no problem. Given there's no OS-level joystick support in OS X, that's pretty ruddy impressive.

If you want a leg up let me know and I'll run some rares over to you

Thu May 14, 2015 6:19 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next