Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Modern Warfare 2 "Prestige Edition" 
I haven't seen my friends in so long

vdbswong wrote:
gavomatic57 wrote:
I think I'd rather save £80 and just switch the light on...

You mean £65 (officially) :lol: :lol: clicky

£55!!

Screw that, I'd rather wait 6-12 months and get it for less than half that price.

Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:14 am
Occasionally has a life

I paid £25 for COD4 on PC and that was after 4 months of waiting. Really, really killer titles like that always stay expensive for months...especially if it's Activision or EA publishing it :(

Seeing as UK prices have always been a complete joke compared to the USA, I can't see many people sitting happy with that UK price when it will probably be about the same amount in USD! I won't be buying it for console anyway, and on PC there's no damn region locking so I'll buy it from wherever on the planet it is cheapest!

My Flickr
WWFSMD?

Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:30 pm
Profile WWW

There's no region-locking on PS3 games either. I've quite happily imported a few games from the States.

Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:42 pm
Occasionally has a life

Linux_User wrote:
There's no region-locking on PS3 games either. I've quite happily imported a few games from the States.

You have to be careful with DLC though. If you have a US copy of Pacific Rift, you have to buy and download the US DLC as the EU DLC won't work.

The debacle of chipped SNES games back when I was a teenager has led me to have a healthy Spidey-Sense when it comes to buying non-EU console kit and games :?

My Flickr
WWFSMD?

Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:02 pm
Profile WWW

F_A_F wrote:
Linux_User wrote:

You have to be careful with DLC though. If you have a US copy of Pacific Rift, you have to buy and download the US DLC as the EU DLC won't work.

Indeed - as I found out with Burnout Paradise. Why the hell they region-lock download-able content is beyond me, but hey...

Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:06 pm
Occasionally has a life

erm they are only releasing the standard edition on pc. i worked out why, because pc are NOT [lifted] stupid :x . put it like this more hardware or a tin to put ur game in wtf. :D

Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:57 am
Doesn't have much of a life

boothy_1993 wrote:
erm they are only releasing the standard edition on pc. i worked out why, because pc are NOT [lifted] stupid :x . put it like this more hardware or a tin to put ur game in wtf. :D

You say that, but both the original Modern Warfare and World at War both had PC Special Editions.

+ Aren't you setting yourself up for the "but console users don't need to upgrade their hardware" comment ? :P

Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:37 am
Occasionally has a life

Well pc version is £30.. epic win :)

Ussually it is missing like 1 part of the game for pc, but then and again, they cant charge the same as a console game, 'cos we would just rip it off limewire and sod their profits...

Pirating has its advantages. Sellers are afraid to raise prices for us :D

Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:47 pm

Arent console games more expensive as licensing fees have to be paid (to MS and Sony, etc) whereas on a PC there's no one to pay. Unless you want 'games for windows' MS logo on your box I presume.

Anyway.. dilema time. I have recently upgraded to a yummy gfx card. I'm pretty sure then that MW2 will look soooooo much better on the PC with everything cranked up. The problem is though that all my friends play on XBLIVE. Which version of the game to buy!!???

Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:02 am
Profile WWW

veato wrote:
Arent console games more expensive as licensing fees have to be paid (to MS and Sony, etc) whereas on a PC there's no one to pay. Unless you want 'games for windows' MS logo on your box I presume.

Anyway.. dilema time. I have recently upgraded to a yummy gfx card. I'm pretty sure then that MW2 will look soooooo much better on the PC with everything cranked up. The problem is though that all my friends play on XBLIVE. Which version of the game to buy!!???

The PC of course, screw the friends who want to play it on XBL, there's always Halo 3, ODST or Gears 2 for that ;)

At least, that's what i'm doing :P

Post #2.:

Seems like (Sony?) want to raise prices even more: clicky :shock: :shock: :shock: .

It is however, a personal opinion it seems :P.

Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:03 pm

[LIFTED] that, I have a hard time justifying £40 for a game, let alone £70. In fact, I wouldn't pay it, simple as. I'd wait to buy it second hand/until is was £25.

PC games are routinely cheaper than console games, so I'd switch back to PC gaming if needs be, or even give it up altogether. There's no way I'd EVER pay more than £50 for a game. I'm not even planning on paying the £55 for MW2.

Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:39 pm
Occasionally has a life

i think the mose ive ever paid for a game is £25, most of them i get a few months down the line. :shock:
although i might get mw2 as soon as it comes out as long as i can get it for £30

Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:47 pm
Legend

I remember paying £50 for PS MK3 :oops: , that was the last time I paid silly money for a game, and I wouldn't spend more than £30 now...

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:40 pm

I think it's dependent on the game, edition and format lol.

For example, i wouldn't pay £40 for something like RE5 since i wasn't *that* into the hype anyways. However i'd gladly part with £40 for something like Mass Effect 2 or Bayonetta and probably at most up to £60 for the Collector's Edition depending on what's included (and it's usually not bad). This is for the console mind you.

On the PC i'd have a hard time justifying anything over £25 and even then that's reserved for only titles i'd actively take an interest in and not ones i only "fancy having a go at".

Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2