Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 31  Next
Games you've played recently 
Legend

Diablo 3 - I don't understand the popularity of these games. The combat's one-note, the menu system you're never out of is ridiculously overbearing... :?

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:18 am
I haven't seen my friends in so long

pcernie wrote:
Diablo 3 - I don't understand the popularity of these games. The combat's one-note, the menu system you're never out of is ridiculously overbearing... :?

I love it.

First it's an rpg. So it's all about the numbers game. As a veteran of WoW I actually enjoy playing around with the numbers but I don't spend more than a few seconds at a time doing it.

The combat is all about personalising your play style. The different classes obviously have different strengths (wizard = damage at range, monk = damage close quarters, crusader = tank, etc). But then you can also use the different combinations of skills to play together.

My wizard (playing solo) uses lots of ice spells and skills to group all the mobs together which makes them easy to take out with AoE damage.

My crusader (which I levelled up playing cooperative) is all about damage mitigation and keeping agro. i.e. Keeping the mobs on me so the other player can do the dmg without being hit.

Also, it's one of those games that "starts" when you get to the end.

JJW009 wrote:
The count will go up until they stop counting. That's the way counting works.

Doodle Sub!
Game Of Life

Image Image

Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:09 am
Profile WWW
Legend

I don't understand why anyone would grind along for that length of time with combat that dull - I guess I prefer proper action games with RPG elements like Darksiders or FPSs.

Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:17 am

Well it's not really a grind. The story is awesome too. Also the mobs level as you do so you don't have to spend time in a certain area to get to a certain level. Like I said though. The combat isn't dull. You can make it whatever you like. You may have chosen the wrong class for your style or just not set it up right.

Or you might just not like that sort of game. For me there's nothing more dull than playing something like Call of Duty or Battlefield.

Lol

JJW009 wrote:

Doodle Sub!
Game Of Life

Image Image

Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:26 am
Profile WWW
Legend

I didn't find the combat that satisfying (barbarian) after two hours no matter how I tinkered; if it had fluidity in the movements it might have been OK, but I wasn't spending more hours to find out.

Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:57 am
What's a life?

I've restarted playing Red Dead Redemption. Bought it a while back, played it for a bit and stopped. Suddenly felt the need to restart playing it.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:14 pm
Spends far too much time on here

I've finally started on something I meant to do a long time ago, namely a single character playthrough of the full Mass Effect series. It's slow going as I don't have a lot of time to play mind.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:01 pm
Profile WWW

jonlumb wrote:
I've finally started on something I meant to do a long time ago, namely a single character playthrough of the full Mass Effect series. It's slow going as I don't have a lot of time to play mind.

That reminds me, I really ought to get around to playing ME3 sometime. Perhaps after I stop hiding from the Alien.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:09 pm
Legend

Ducktales - excellent little game so far, funny, and the artwork's top notch. There's a reason 'easy' is the default though...

Advanced Warfare - More effort has gone in than the last few games, but as ever, it'll need patched to hell before it works properly. Just in the campaign you get slight freezing, slowdown... I got half way through and reached a manhole that glitched and wouldn't open. Gave up and deleted the install. The MP's got people jumping around in exo suits which isn't as bad as it could have been, but mostly means the levels are designed like a platform game :roll: . And just as bland.

Oh, they're stealing campaign ideas off Battlefield. Even I noticed and I've never gone further than a few levels in with those games!

Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:35 pm
What's a life?

pcernie wrote:
Ducktales - excellent little game so far

Didn't realise they'd made a game! What's it like compared to the cartoon series?

pcernie wrote:
Advanced Warfare - More effort has gone in than the last few games, but as ever, it'll need patched to hell before it works properly. Just in the campaign you get slight freezing, slowdown... I got half way through and reached a manhole that glitched and wouldn't open. Gave up and deleted the install. The MP's got people jumping around in exo suits which isn't as bad as it could have been, but mostly means the levels are designed like a platform game :roll: . And just as bland.

Sounds like it isn't worth buying. I've been off CoD and don't think I've played for around eight months.

Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:55 pm

IIRC Ducktales is a remake of the SNES classic

Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:12 pm
Profile WWW

Which was a remake of the Gameboy game :-)

Actually, I think the NES was first.

JJW009 wrote:

Doodle Sub!
Game Of Life

Image Image

Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:23 pm
Profile WWW
Legend

Yeah, remake of the Nintendo game, totally on a par with the show. Free on Plus!

Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:05 pm

So. Decided to play some more Diablo tonight and went in and opened the game to the public so that anyone could join.

I was a lvl 70 (max lvl) paragon 45 wizard. (Paragon lvl a let you alter stats by tiny amounts each level but are theoretically infinite). I had about 1 million gold too.

Anyway, not long after starting a couple of players joined and they were paragon 700+. Lol.

We were running along and each time they killed something I levelled up about 3 or 4 paragon lvls.

I'm now paragon 425 with 5.2 billion gold.

Lol!

JJW009 wrote:

Doodle Sub!
Game Of Life

Image Image

Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:54 am
Profile WWW
Legend

Lego Batman 3 - Same game as ever, but it feels rushed compared to it's brethern. The plot's an afterthought. The humour's all over the place and pretty poor in general. Most of it riffs on the 60s and 70s , and the end credits sequence just repeats itself in places! :roll:

Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 31  Next