Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 31  Next
Games you've played recently 
Spends far too much time on here

Actually, I've just told a lie. I loved red dead and really enjoyed overlord raising hell. I tried that again, but lost all the skills that had got me so far and couldn't face going back to the start.

A Mac User.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:14 pm
Legend

tombolt wrote:
Trouble is, I can't afford or rather justify buying any games when I haven't really enjoyed any of the ones I bought previously. Perhaps i've grown out of it after all these years!

See the bargains thread for a 2 month Lovefilm deal (get it sent to another address if need be ;) ), you could get films out of it even if you really find you can't be arsed with the games :)

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:34 pm
I haven't seen my friends in so long

Uncharted 3, finally. I just love the Unhcarted games, it didn't have me in stitches unlike the first two but fun nonetheless.

And I've gone and done it, I'm installing x3:Terran Conflict again - bye bye now until Christmas. :)

Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:20 am

Was bouncing between Skyrim (360) and Deus Ex (PS3) but took a break to play the new Transformers game. I've finished that so it's winging its way to CEX to fund my Borderlands 2 pre-order.

I suspect I'll be playing the new BF3 add-on at some point too soon. Think it went like on XBLIVE today.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:28 am
Profile WWW
Legend

adidan wrote:
Uncharted 3, finally. I just love the Unhcarted games, it didn't have me in stitches unlike the first two but fun nonetheless.

And I've gone and done it, I'm installing x3:Terran Conflict again - bye bye now until Christmas. :)

U3's a bit too moody for it's own good overall.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:01 am
What's a life?

pcernie wrote:

I'd actually agree. Uncharted 2 is still my favourite of the series.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:37 am

pcernie wrote:

Yeah it's not as jovial as the others.

jonbwfc wrote:
I'd actually agree. Uncharted 2 is still my favourite of the series.

Agreed.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:19 pm

Batman Arkham City - got about 20% of the way through it (according to the stats screen), months ago, and I'm struggling to work up the will to continue. As much as I enjoyed AA, I'm finding this one a bit tiresome.

I finally made the effort to play Portal 2 last night - had a couple of hours of great fun, and I think I'm near the end; although I can't find a way to make a massive jump to continue. I'll have another look this evening. I need to clear the decks in time for Black Mesa! :)

Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:51 am
Legend

AC suffers from being a bit fragmented, there's no doubt. It's not the biggest map in the world, but going a bit GTA didn't really work for me. I liked AA more cos it was so plot-driven.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:31 am

Black Mesa

It finally came out a few days ago, and I've been playing in pretty much non stop. For those who don't know, its a fan mod for the Source engine that mimics Half-Life 1, basically Half-Life HD but the entire thing was done by members of the community (textures, models, voice acting, music etc) and released for free. I've been dying to play this since my first attempt at Half-Life was thwarted by the lack of a save feature, and I'm really enjoying it :D

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:25 am
Legend

Dead to Rights - had the potential to be a great game, but utterly ruined by rubbish controls that mean you can't lock on to the enemy right beside you! The overall style of the game is fantastic which makes it such a shame.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:16 am

world of tanks. online multiplayer ww2 era tanks. mucho fun

Amnesia10 wrote:
Yes but the opportunity to legally kill someone with a giant dildo does not happen every day.

Finally joined Flickr

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:41 am

soddit112 wrote:
Black Mesa

It finally came out a few days ago, and I've been playing in pretty much non stop. For those who don't know, its a fan mod for the Source engine that mimics Half-Life 1, basically Half-Life HD but the entire thing was done by members of the community (textures, models, voice acting, music etc) and released for free. I've been dying to play this since my first attempt at Half-Life was thwarted by the lack of a save feature, and I'm really enjoying it :D

Yup, really enjoying it. It has crashed a few times, and I hate crouch-jumping, but it's still great.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:17 am

Spreadie wrote:
Yup, really enjoying it. It has crashed a few times, and I hate crouch-jumping, but it's still great.

It hasn't crashed on me yet, but I had massive frame rate problems when quickloading in the very last section, and had to restart the game between deaths to get rid of them :(

Crouch-jumping is annoying, Anomalous Materials kicked my arse. but I think a lot of the challenge from the platformer sections would be gone without it, and I quite like them.

ION the complete OST is available on youtube, and for download. Link goes to the complete 50 minute soundtrack, with links to the downloads. Individual tracks can also be found on the uploaders account, or in your game files :P

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:18 pm

It has frozen a few times, for 10 seconds or so, and crashed.. probably ten times or more. I found a bug too. Left one level and started the next - the one with the apache gunship at the reservoir. It took all my guns away, save the pistol and the magnum.

Went back to the previous save point and it did it again. Tried a third time and they were back.

Still good fun though.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 31  Next