Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 31  Next
Games you've played recently 
Doesn't have much of a life

Just playing X-Com Enemy Unknown - came today - first game I have purchased this year.

So far a cracking game - little confusing to start with and, because I'm a whimp, got it set on easy for now - still getting some of my squad wasted though.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:20 pm
Profile WWW
I haven't seen my friends in so long

brataccas wrote:
Spreadie wrote:
I "played" through Dear Esther again, yesterday. It's still thoroughly absorbing.

Perhaps I'll finally get round to some of the unplayed games in my Steam library. In fact, I'm not going to buy another game until I have given at least three of them a good go.

dear esther is differant each time you play it, how many ghosts did you spot?

One, I think.

Just started playing Limbo. What a cracking little game!

Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:46 pm
What's a life?

JohnSheridan wrote:
Just playing X-Com Enemy Unknown - came today - first game I have purchased this year.

So far a cracking game - little confusing to start with and, because I'm a whimp, got it set on easy for now - still getting some of my squad wasted though.

It's the XCOM way :). You don't expect to come home with a full squad, in general. The troopers are a resource you have to manage, just like everything else.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:32 pm
Legend

Homefront - Well written, but that's the only thing it's got - it actually judders along, and in every section I tolerated I had to move out of someone's way or wait 30 seconds for them to catch up and take their sweet time opening a door...

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/

Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:14 am
Spends far too much time on here

Minecraft (of course :P ), currently working on a 5x3 character screen, which will be controlled by my 8-bit CPU, which is almost finished. The registers, ALU, program memory and jump/loop capable program counter are all in place: once i suss out a way to hook up conditional jumping and some proper RAM, it'll be ready to program :D If I could find a way to combine the program memory (currently static during runtime) with the working memory (will be dynamic during runtime once built), I could even make my own compiler of sorts :D other things I could implement are thing like keyboards, printers, and a touchpad for drawing on the screen with, once I sort out a way to write to the pixels individually. Currently they are controlled in pre-set blocks of 3x3, which are combined in sets of 4 to make my 5x5 pixel font :)

Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:10 am

Just finished the single player campaign on bf3. Shame it was so short. I thought the in between mission cinematics were done really well.

Amnesia10 wrote:
Yes but the opportunity to legally kill someone with a giant dildo does not happen every day.

Finally joined Flickr

Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:07 pm

bobbdobbs wrote:
Just finished the single player campaign on bf3. Shame it was so short. I thought the in between mission cinematics were done really well.

What did you think of the single player campaign, other than the cut scenes? I'm probably going to pick this up in the bargain bins, because I rarely play MP anymore and I refuse to pay full price for a very short campaign.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:01 pm

Spreadie wrote:
bobbdobbs wrote:

What did you think of the single player campaign, other than the cut scenes? I'm probably going to pick this up in the bargain bins, because I rarely play MP anymore and I refuse to pay full price for a very short campaign.

It is very short but I found it quite enjoyable. A bit too linear and to be honest it did feel as it was done as an extra to the main online game. If your only going to play the campaign wait until its at rock bottom prices.

Amnesia10 wrote:
Yes but the opportunity to legally kill someone with a giant dildo does not happen every day.

Finally joined Flickr

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:31 pm
Legend

Rent it would be my advice :)

Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:53 pm

Been playing Rocksmith over the weekend. Got blisters on my fingers now though :( although they are beginning to toughen up a bit.

Awesome game though. It's not really a game in the same way as Guitar Hero though. It's more of a tutor than a game. Plus you play on an actual guitar not just a plastic toy.

You play through a career mode and it gradually increases and decreases the difficulty as you play by adding and removing additional notes from the tunes.

Really good though, I would go as far to say that I'm better at guitar after playing this for a weekend that I ever have been before.

One thing I have massively improved in is moving between chords. Not because I've practised more but because the way it presents the chords is mapped one-to-one to the fret board meaning you can see the shape you need to get to. My limiting factor at the moment is the pain in my fingers but more playing will sort that eventually.

Another few weeks of playing and I'll be able to properly play recognisable songs for people to sing along to (including the guitar solos in the middle!).

Definitely recommended!

JJW009 wrote:
The count will go up until they stop counting. That's the way counting works.

Doodle Sub!
Game Of Life

Image Image

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:54 am
Profile WWW

pcernie wrote:

I don't do consoles, mate. ;)

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:54 am
Legend

Spreadie wrote:
pcernie wrote:

I don't do consoles, mate. ;)

Ah :D

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:58 am
Legend

pcernie wrote:

My only worry concerning my inability would be that I would rent for months in an attempt to finish a game.

"You are gifted. Mine is bordering on seven seconds."

https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTg5MzczNTk

http://astore.amazon.co.uk/wwwx404couk-21

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:07 am
Legend

Amnesia10 wrote:
pcernie wrote:

My only worry concerning my inability would be that I would rent for months in an attempt to finish a game.

I've rented for a month after installing and not getting back to it :oops:

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:24 am

I thought I'd test out my new guitar skills.

Played my brother High and Dry which I've been learning on Rocksmith.

I didn't tell him what it was and he recognised it straight away!

I can pretty much play the whole thing too!! Get in!

JJW009 wrote:
The count will go up until they stop counting. That's the way counting works.

Doodle Sub!
Game Of Life

Image Image

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:14 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 31  Next